Amazon Appstore for Android

Guest Reesters

Guest Reesters

The Amazon App Store is a great place to pick up a free game. You do need to reside in America to use this service but would you ever think that would stop us @ MoDaCo?....

Use link below to set up your Amazon account and check back here daily for your link to your free game :-)

Game of the Day: Guitar Hero 5

http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b/ref=topnav_storetab_mas?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011

Guest Reesters

Game of the Day today is actually a bit of a peach :-) Puppy Punch have made 'a game with BALLS' free for all.

http://www.amazon.co...F8&ref=mas_faad

Quite a basic concept which consists of shooting your Space Invader style canon at objects of varying shapes and sizes. You have two different weapons, both BALLS but of two sizes. Small or BEEFY.

You can wield your canon by device tilting or touch screen but either way the game turns into a crazed, frantic BALLpit party.

You can also share your scores immediately to Facebook and Twitter if you are of the boasting kind....

Guest Reesters

The weekend was a little slow for free games :-( This morning has brought us Wiz Kid Jr from the two man development machine aka Super Combo Collective.

A cute little puzzle action game with a unique concept and stunning graphics. The most enjoyable part of this game is the old school arcade style soundtrack. Other than that Wiz Kid Jr is an attractive looking game and if Super Combo Collective had spent more time on gameplay content as they did on graphics it would be a masterpiece.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DFZ9L2?ie=UTF8&ref=mas_faad

Guest Reesters

Game of day comes from Canned-Bananas.... Lock 'n Roll Pro (ad free) is a puzzle game involving dice. Sounds simple enough... download to find out that all is not as it would seem.

Addictive and engaging, a great little game of skill, stragedy and chance.

It's a shame the in-game tutorial isn't more detailed as you can be left feeling a little frustrated at times but stick with it. Get the strategies locked down and Lock 'n Roll has the potential to make it to your home screen, prime location for the boring train journey home.

See link below

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Z32YF2?ie=UTF8&ref=mas_faad

Guest Reesters

post-913934-0-12423600-1313413214_thumb.

I have to say the free game today is a bit of a ripe peach. Sweet, juicy and full of bite. Everlands by Hexage Ltd is a cute little strategy puzzle game that is as easy on the eye as it is on the brain. I switched off and actually relaxed whilst playing this little gem.

I would highly recommend going through tutorial (and I never read a manual either) as with most strategy games it helps a great deal getting an idea of what your tatics should be. So evil and sinister forces have taken over the woodland and it is up to you to join the forces of the other cutesy handpainted animals and defeat this unknown evil... hee hee. Yes it sounds cheesy and maybe it is but you can't help but get drawn in by the simplicity of it all.

Each animal has it's own ability which are numbered on the hexagonal shapes that represent them. It is up to you to place them on the 'game board' to defeat the AI. (Think Pokemon cards VS Bejeweled) You can also hook up with your BookFace mates and play against each other. There are more than 20 levels and more animals to collect along the way.

post-913934-0-98509600-1313413240_thumb.

So if you are unashamed to play a deliciously darling game get it here today for free. Also there is a HD version that is free for all (well those that have Nexus S, Desire and such like)

Average Joe version: http://www.amazon.co...F8&ref=mas_faad

HD version: http://tinyurl.com/3becu7w

post-913934-0-11457900-1313413189_thumb.

Guest Reesters

post-913934-0-69329500-1313586541_thumb.

Overkill by Creative Mobile OU is the free game of the day on Amazon Appstore

http://www.amazon.co...F8&ref=mas_faad

Overkill is a side scrolling arcade style space shooter. With plenty of action and stylish graphics to keep your pulse racing, you fight your way through hoards of asteroids and alien ships collecting powers ups and cash along the way. You can use the cash to buy well needed ammo upgrades after each level complete as levels get increasingly more difficult as they continue and the use of extra rockets are literally a life saver.

Controls are tight and simple with you controlling an AI-guided ship by tilting your device and tap screen for use of your armour or heavy artillery.

post-913934-0-01897200-1313586605_thumb.

I wouldn't play this everyday but I am not a huge fan of side scrolling space shoot 'em ups. Maybe someone who enjoyed games like R-Type (although that was a classic) would spend more time with this freebie. Not an instant hit but worth a free download.

Guest Reesters

The free game on Amazon today is FRG Deluxe by Woo Games.

You play as a robot fighting off wave after wave of enemies. I am still not quite sure what those enemies appear to be, maybe aliens of some kind. All gameplay is at a birdseye view which is very retro but doesn't really work for me with this game. Graphics are maybe trying to have a kitsch feel, I think maybe they are just poor and the controls are somewhat of an annoyance as the touch screen controls tend to block any of the action within the game. It did support my D-Pad on XPLAY but nothing else.

There is an option to go OM but it is in beta phase with an option to sign up via email.... that could be more fun?

post-913934-0-56454800-1313832597_thumb. post-913934-0-85292100-1313832615_thumb.

http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b/ref=sa_menu_adr_app4?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011

Guest Reesters

Up on Amazon today is ZDefence by ZStudio. An arcade style tower shooter with superb graphics and intelligent gameplay that leaves you wondering what's next.

post-913934-0-35833900-1314006408_thumb.

For those of you who have never played a tower defence game do not fear for game mechanics are exceptionally simple. You have cash to build gun firing towers to defend your exit. Enemies called 'creeps' come out en masse to escape through your exit. Your job is to destroy all creeps before they reach your exit. Each time you kill a creep you get money for doing so. Allow a creep to exit and you lose some health. So the key to tower defence games is strategic placement of towers and cat like reflexes as wave after wave of enemies pour into your firing line and gameplay gets increasingly fierce and frantic.

post-913934-0-10047400-1314006440_thumb.

ZDefense's maps generally have 10 to 30 waves of enemies. The full version features five tutorial, ten normal, and eight hard maps. There are five tower types with seven levels each. To make your life more complicated, a special tile called the Space Gate allows creeps to teleport from one gate to another. ZDefense comes with a map editor so you can create your own nightmare scenarios to terrify your fellow tower defense fans. The editor comes with full instructions and customizable maps, creeps, towers, and waves. Customize the game mechanics, such as wave wait times, base life, money, and more. You can also take screen captures of your game to record your victories and show off to your friends.

post-913934-0-58320100-1314006418_thumb. post-913934-0-49664200-1314006429_thumb.

ZDefence is one of the most attractive tower defence games I have played in a while. The graphics are arcade style which is appealing and gameplay is exacting yet engaging. Definitely a game that has longevitiy on my Xperia PLAY. (ZDefence is not compatible with HTC Hero)

Guest Reesters

It's all about the '80s at the moment... the dodgy fashion is back but so are the superb games... yesterday saw the announcement of R-Type to be re-made for Android ( http://android.modac...nced-by-dotemu/ ). Today? It's Frogger!

post-913934-0-58086300-1314349168_thumb.

Originally made in '81 by Konami, the classic arcade is back with a bright new graphics make-over and tapscreen controlling. With Konami still in the driving seat all the initial charm is in place; guiding your frog across a busy road avoiding the onslaught of traffic is no easy task and then onto the water with crocodiles to worry about... tough life being a frog. There are tasty treats for flies as you pick up bonuses along the way and OpenFeint for that ritual after game boasting.

post-913934-0-64002600-1314349182_thumb.

Performs perfectly on my XPLAY and should run smoothly on most devices... going see what it is like on a tablet and get back to you...

Guest Reesters

Swamp Defence by Entwickler X is the free game of the day.

post-913934-0-36880400-1314783914_thumb.

I've played a few games exactly like this one and to be brutally honest it borught nothing new to the table for me. Like most defence games wave after wave of, in this case monsters come crawling through your swamp and it is your job to strategically place weapons to destroy them.

There are guns, women hitting with frying pans, electrocution and squirting bottles at them. It is rather strange and usually I enjoy novel killing methods. It just bored me extremely quickly.

If however you have yet to play a defence game them head to Amazon via this link and get Swamp Defence for free just for today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004X1TJQI?ie=UTF8&ref=mas_faad

Guest Reesters

Space Wars HD by Virtual GS is a retro style 'top down' space shooter.

post-913934-0-43641900-1315304575_thumb. post-913934-0-68413400-1315304588_thumb.

The graphics are easy on the eye but are not spectacular and after a few minutes the sound track does get a little bit tedious, as does the voice over to alert you of the bonus you have picked up. I have to say though gameplay did become a little addictive after I died a couple of times, but once I started getting further and then died I had to start from the beginning again. This is when I stopped playing and lost interest.

Space Wars has the life span of a tube ride home.

Available as always just for today for free from Amazon http://www.amazon.co...F8&ref=mas_faad

Just a quick note to newcomers to this thread - you have to set up an American Amazon account to download free app of the day. The instructions on how to do so are at the top of this thread. Enjoy!

Blast away swarms of alien invaders in this gorgeous top-down arcade shooter. In Space War, players step into the role of a lone starfighter pilot taking on an entire enemy fleet. Roll and weave your way through asteroid fields, enemy ships, and deadly laser-fire. Upgrade weapons, keep your shields up, and make your way towards the final battle! At over one million downloads, Space War is one of the most popular shooting games available on Android.

Space War is a top-down arcade shooter in the tradition of classic arcade games such as Galaga and Space Invaders. Players control a lone starfighter with a set amount of health that they must use to navigate asteroids, enemies, and other hazards to survive. Space War uses touchscreen controls for an intuitive flying experience--simply touch and drag your finger across the screen to maneuver your fighter.

Pressing and holding on the screen will automatically discharge your weapons in rapid-fire mode. Periodically, weapons and other power-ups appear on the screen and may be obtained by flying over them. Collect different types of weapon upgrades, shields, and even scatter-lasers that can vaporize all enemies on screen with a single blast.

Guest Reesters

The free gme of the day from Amazon is by Christian Gross and comes in a neat little package called Spinballs.

The aim of the game is to match up three of the coloured balls according to colour on spin discs and attempt to gain power ups etc. Power ups include 'time freeze', 'double points' and 'erase all balls'. The other power up I am still unsure as to what it was; it did so very little. Simple gameplay but the touch screen seemed to have trouble determining which way I wanted the discs to spin and the AI matches the winning option up for you 9 times out of 10 anyway. There was little thinking involved and I was at level 8 before I had even worked out what the rules were. A sense of achievement is necessary when gaming and there was none to be had here. I felt like I was cheating.

Always worth a download as it is free, but I am starting to feel like this thread should be called 'Games to see you through the commute home'... as longevity on my 'phone is at most until tomorrow...

There is still hope for tomorrow's free game.

post-913934-0-79647300-1315382209_thumb. post-913934-0-06271300-1315382195_thumb.

Amazon link

Spinballs combines match-three gameplay with logic-based strategy. The game consists of seven discs containing six colored balls apiece, like a ball bearing. The objective is to link three or more balls of the same color by spinning the discs. Discs can be turned both clockwise and counter-clockwise, depending on which side of the disc you tap.

Link SmartLink as many as possible before the time runs out, as indicated by the bar along the top of the screen. The best links will charge your Helping Elements. Once you've got three or more linked, hit the execute button to eliminate the balls, and refill the spots with new colored balls.

Often, especially in the easier levels, balls will link with very little effort on your part, but to achieve highest scores, fill the Helping Elements that rest in each corner of the screen. This requires more effort, and is necessary to reach the higher levels.

Charge Your ElementsHelping Elements can be charged and triggered. Charge Helping Elements by linking colored balls that are directly in front of the Element. An arrow will appear indicating that this link is going to charge the Element. Hit the execute button, and watch the Element fill. The bigger the link, the more the Element is charged. Each Element has its own purpose: to clear the field, freeze time, sort all balls, or multiply the points earned. Once you fill an Element it will be illuminated; save it for when you need it. Trigger it with a tap.

As you progress through levels, you are given less time to create links. Utilize the four elements wisely and develop your own strategy to reach the higher levels.

GraphicsUnlike many match-three games, this interface has a tough, industrial vibe, rather than jewels, cartoony fruits, or smiling animals. The discs resemble bearings and the sound effects sound more like something you'd hear in a mechanics garage--air tools and intense music.

Guest Reesters

Amazon Free App Of The Day is a nice little drag racer - Drag Racing Premium by Creative Mobile OU.

There is absolutely no skill needed for this racing game, other than being able to shift quickly and keep a cool head but still I found myself terribly frustrated when I wasn't winning! (I can be a bad loser...) but there are lots of upgrade options available including Nitro, exhaust systems and engine refits...

Only two buttons needed here (on my XPLAY controls were optimised) 'X' and 'triangle' but touch screen is also very responsive but on a smaller screen constantly touching the screen will obstruct the view of whether you are winning or not!

Well worth a download though and great for a quick racing fix. Available for free for the day from HERE

Newcomers to this thread, you need an American Amazon account and details of how to do this can be found at the top of this thread...

post-913934-0-09620400-1315555711_thumb. post-913934-0-92056400-1315555717_thumb. post-913934-0-92112100-1315555723_thumb.

Your first task: get a car! You'll start out with Level 1 cars and a budget of $25,000 ($10,000 more than the free version). As you win races and progress as a driver, you'll earn more money so you can afford more expensive, higher performance machines. You have 10 levels of cars from which to choose, but choose wisely, because the car best equipped with the right combination of power, weight, and grip will give you an edge over your competitors.

As you choose your car, you can peruse the garage and jump in and test drive the various models within your price range. Once you decide, press the Buy button, and that baby's all yours. Your bank account will be running a little low, but with the extra money you get in the premium version, use any remaining funds to beef up your car by tapping the Upgrade button and tune your racing machine to perfection. This is your opportunity to get the winning edge over your competition.

You're now ready to race! You can choose to Race Offline, run a Quick Race, race in the Pro League, or race with Friends. By creating a profile, you'll be able to join others online to match your skills with the best or just with people you know you can beat. If you choose a Quick Race, for example, you're given the choice to race Face to Face, in a Drivers Battle, or in a Bet and Race match. In Face to Face, you race against a recorded run by a randomly selected opponent at your level. In Drivers Battle, you and an online opponent drive identical cars in a battle of skill to get the prize. In Bet and Race, you and your opponent wager the same amount of "respect points" where the winner takes all and the looser gets nothing.

Guest Reesters

Game of the day on this September 15th is Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips.

I played the first Airport Mania and whilst the tutorial was concise and suitable for all ages I found gameplay to be unresponsive and frustrating and vowed never to play another one. Even the smiling faces on the planes annoyed me. A little too much of a casual game. Don't get me wrong, if you happen to love casual gaming then this will be right up your street.

Download for free from Amazon app store HERE (as always you need an American Amazon account. Details on how to set one up is at the top of this thread)

post-913934-0-17598100-1316074696_thumb. post-913934-0-29451100-1316074703_thumb.

Please make sure your seatbacks and tray tables are in their upright and locked position. All Android devices must be powered on, and ready to assist in the landing, loading, unloading, and runway management of all aircraft. Please prepare for Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips.

Return to the skies and get back in the pilot's seat in this sequel to the hit time-management game, Airport Mania.

Earning Your WingsLearn the tools of the trade by attending Air Traffic Control Academy. This tutorial allows you to practice before joining the big leagues. Land a plane on the runway, take it to the gate, unload and reload it, and then send it off to the sky again.

Time-Management GameplayThe birds-eye view of the airport provides you the full scope. As a plane approaches in the sky, tap the plane and then tap the runway to land it. The objective is to get each plane landed, parked at a gate, unloaded, reloaded with new passengers, and off to the skies again. You will prompt these activities by simply tapping the plane and then tapping the next necessary activity in the sequence.

Becoming a Veteran PilotAs your skills improve, fly all kinds of aircraft like military jets and spaceships. Journey through nine airports, and master 79 levels.

Awards and Combos Earn more than 40 awards for handling a variety of situations like a pro. The Presidential Distinguished Service medal is awarded for flying the President. A Master Matcher medal is earned for using your gates efficiently. The Smiling Happy People medal is earned when you keep a smile on four or more of your planes.

Combos can be earned for back-to-back activity, such as landing planes close to one another. Combos are also earned for matching plane color to gate color.

Music and Animation Flying the friendly skies should make you smile. The detailed and colorful interface is cheerful and active. The cartoon planes express their emotions on their animated faces, and make cute noises as they fly in and out of the airport. Light music encourages you through the journey, and adds to the cheer and delight of the game.

Guest Reesters

post-913934-0-34826600-1316090252_thumb.

As Amazon's free app of the day was a repeat we get two in one day (although Aiport Mania was hardly worth mentioning). Let's see if the second installment is any better. Bring forth Meteor Blitz by Alley Labs.

Once it had stopped force closing my XPLAY I was launched into a dance music marathon with all the bells and whistles. The soundtrack was somewhat distracting to an otherwise 'seen it all before' game. A space shooter where your enemy are asteroids.. sorry Meteors. (Is there a difference? If there is and I am being dence then please right your answers on a postcard and post to the usual address)

Controls are not XPLAY optimised at all and I begrudge complete touch screen when I have a very suitable gamepad hidden so beautifully underneath my 'phone. All of you that are not XPLAY owners the touch screen was very responsive but I was at times unsure as to where the meteors were coming from as my thumbs were in the way...

All in all as usual worth a download as it is free but I will be, once I have finished writing this, be uninstalling Meteor Blitz.

post-913934-0-60920400-1316091021_thumb.

Guest Reesters

post-913934-0-80822600-1316439284_thumb.

Free game of the day is Box It 2 from Digiment Studios Ltd. There are over 100 levels to this incredible puzzling... ummm puzzle game to keep you amused time after time. Available for most devices as it only requires os 1.6+

Here's a little triva about the game:

What lies beneath the ancient Inca ruins in the mines of Kazarakt remains a mystery, but as legend has it, they hold vast treasures. Follow an ancient Inca trail and help Marv the miner unlock the ruins in this mind-twisting sokoban puzzle game for your Android device. Push rock totems to the lock mechanisms found on the ground. Once all totems are securely in place, the entrance to the ruin opens and awards a treasure. With 100 entrances to open, Marv needs help navigating his way through each puzzle.

Brains and Brawn You be the brains and let Marv be the brawn. Each puzzle contains a number of locks and totem statues randomly placed among a unique labyrinth design. Marv can push one totem at a time and you must strategically direct him using the arrows. It's easy to accidentally trap poor Marv in a corner or push a statue to a spot from which it can't be moved. Think ahead and count your moves. The less work for Marv the better for your score and bonuses.

In addition to the static, natural obstacles like bushes and other totems, the ancient grounds provide another obstacle to show its disdain for your intrusion attempts. On occasion, wooden spikes emerge from the mystical presence below. They won't do any serious harm, but they'll require Marv to maneuver around them costing more steps and more time.

Even Marv Makes MistakesSince every step counts, mistakes can be crucial, but fortunately the undo button lets you step back. You can even step back up to seven paces. You're penalized points for everytime a level is restarted, so do't get frustrated and use the restart button. Using the undo button is the best bet.

Treasures await and these ruins aren't going to unlock themselves. Guide Marv into the deep and mysterious treasure coves and see if you can solve the Inca mysteries in the ruins of Kazarakt.

Guest Reesters

App of the day for Blighty!

I know I posted instructions on how to set up an American Amazon account to make it possible to enjoy the free games when they are available but upon trying today it would seem Amazon have made it possible for us in the UK.... about time! Head over to Amazon App Store for Android HERE and if you don't already set up an account with your actual details and get gaming! Awesome news!

Guest Reesters

App of the day for Blighty!

I know I posted instructions on how to set up an American Amazon account to make it possible to enjoy the free games when they are available but upon trying today it would seem Amazon have made it possible for us in the UK.... about time! Head over to Amazon App Store for Android HERE and if you don't already set up an account with your actual details and get gaming! Awesome news!

The Amazon website still states that it is only available in US but trust me... it works.

Guest Seagull81

and you have set up correctly on Amazon.com?

If you mean as described here then no, I'd seen that the store now supposedly worked in the UK so downloaded the app from amazon.com and logged in with my existing UK login. I get the 'only available in the US message'.

Edit: Just found this http://paidcontent.org/article/419-amazon-appstore-outside-the-u.s.-not-so-fast/

Edited by Seagull81

Guest Reesters

Free game of the day from Amazon app of the day is Happy Vikings.

post-913934-0-93473300-1316602780_thumb.post-913934-0-02850400-1316602799_thumb.

The graphics lead you into thinking you have stumbled across a sweet little platform game but you'll be wrong... it's a block puzzler but instead of gems and such like your Viking character is hauling around sheep, gold, TNT and piles of fish.

Let's Get Barbaric In HereHandy-Games returns to wreak havoc upon the unsuspecting Android gaming community with their latest wild adventure, Happy Vikings. Normally the word "happy" isn't associated with the pillaging and mayhem the Viking raiders inflicted upon medieval Europe, but don't let historical truth dissuade you from this rollicking game of juggling chests of gold, barrels of booze, and legs of mutton. Behind the wacky anime-style animation and jolly Nordic grins is a very challenging game requiring quick reflexes and even quicker logic.

Stack That BootyHappy Vikings delivers on its jovial title. You're fresh from a successful mission of ransacking monasteries and putting villages to flame. Now you face the challenging task of loading your dragon boat with all the booty you've absconded with. Your Viking band has come up with a very quick loading system that works even better than forklifts. They simply catapult the goods onto the boat!

Your job is to push, carry, and toss the merchandise into proper order. When you push or stack at least three alike items in a row, they vanish, and you rack up the points. What could be easier?

You're On the ClockSorry to break it to you, my Norse friend, but this job is tougher than it looks. You have a limited amount of time to get this merchandise stowed away. Each level gets more hectic, with the catapult firing away more and more items. You'll be scrambling faster than a terrified peasant as the stacks of goods get higher and higher.

Rob and Pillage the WorldThank Odin there are plenty of opportunities to hit those combos and earn bonuses. Get your stacking pattern right, and you'll be earning the favor of the gods with awesome lightning bolts and magical runes. Try the marathon Valhalla mode to see how long you can last. Happy Vikings is also integrated with OpenFeint and Facebook. Earn more than 40 achievements, compare scores with Vikings all over the world, and terrorize the civilized world.

Personally I do not see the appeal in block stacking puzzle games but if you are a fan then I would recommend Happy Viking just for the glorious graphical offerings. If it were a pure platformer and the premise was blowing up sheep with the TNT I would be hooked.

It is available for free today HERE

Guest Reesters

Amazon free app of the day is Cut The Rope by Zeptolab!!!

Little introduction is needed for this game as most have already at least played the demo. If you are yet to download the full version then you have 24 hours to get your mitts on Cut The Rope for absolutely no pennies!

post-913934-0-78460000-1317199030_thumb.

When you see a mysterious package on your doorstep, you can't help but open it. Who wouldn't? But be warned: Once you open the box, there's no going back. You'll be instantly addicted to this premium version of Cut the Rope--a game in which you feed an adorable, candy-craving monster named Om Nom all the sweets he can eat.

Swipe your finger across the ropes to release delicious bundles of candy into his mouth. As you keep your new companion's sweet tooth satisfied, be sure to collect shiny gold stars to unlock new levels. Play through a range of different box types--Cardboard, Fabric, Gift Box, and others--each with interesting new gameplay mechanics to keep you coming back for more.

Join more than 40 million others who have enjoyed the fun, casual gameplay of this critically acclaimed puzzler. The long-awaited hit game arrives on Android at last!

post-913934-0-33327300-1317199065_thumb. post-913934-0-06690100-1317199085_thumb.

Gameplay

It's easier said than done

Cut the Rope is a puzzle game with a simple premise: a little monster named Om Nom arrives on your doorstep in a box labeled "Feed with Candy." To satisfy Om Nom's sweet tooth, simply cut the rope--you'll find it's easier said than done when enemies and obstacles await you.

Key Features

• Enjoy ad-free gameplay with this premium version of Cut the Rope
  • Solve puzzles in different ways: the quickest path to feeding Om Nom may not yield the most points
  • Use the touchscreen to interact with puzzles: cut ropes, pop bubbles, and use other contraptions to your advantage
  • Collect stars to unlock new levels: 7 different box types are available, with more content on the way
  • Climb the leaderboards and unlock achievements with fully integrated Scoreloop support