Akash Stock Froyo Gen2 rom

Guest Akash P

Guest Akash P

Well, after trying out loads of rom's both Froyo and GingerBread, I finally came back to my stock rom. I've removed recovery from it as well as a few unwanted apps.It's the closest to Vanilla as possible.

Hardware Acceleration is ON.

Dalvik cache is increased to 32M (Improves responsiveness and Camera Quality).

No wifi issues whatsoever.

No Graphics Bugs.

Removed Dell boot animation.

Incredible battery life.

Flash it with ClockWork Mod and enjoy its Vanilla flayour :)

Steps to follow before flashing : http://android.modac...-flashing-roms/

How to Permanently root : http://android.modac...-for-22-blades/

How To Partition SD Card :

This is for everyone who gets the "Insufficient space available" message when trying to install an app on a ROM with Apps2SD support (Froyo and Gingerbread). You need to partition your SD card! Here are steps on how to partition your SD card.

1. BACKUP your SD card! Partitioning will erase everything on your SD card. Mount your sd card to your computer and copy everything on your SD card into a separate folder on your computer.

2. Boot into recovery. (Hold the Volume down and Power button at the same time)

3. When you are in recovery, choose advanced then choose Partition sdcard.

4. Select Partition SD

5. Select the size of your ext partition. (I chose 256MB)

6. Choose your swap size. (I chose 32MB)

7. Reboot your phone.

Build Details :

Base: Stock Froyo (from Dell XCD 35)

Build Date: 24 Feb 2011

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.2_r9

ro.build.baseband_version=P729B01

ro.build.software_version=FROYO_P729DLV1.0.0B01

ro.build.sw_internal_version=FROYO_P729DLV1.0.0B04

ro.build.software_version=ZTE-BLADEV1.0.0B01

ro.build.sw_internal_version=GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B02

Rom Download:

http://www.mediafire...zu0o42lylyuldy5

Guest rockstarszzzz

Well, after trying out loads of rom's both Froyo and GingerBread, I finally came back to my stock rom. I've removed recovery from it as well as a few unwanted apps.It's the closest to Vanilla as possible.

Hardware Acceleration is ON.

Dalvik cache is increased to 32M (Improves responsiveness and Camera Quality).

No wifi issues whatsoever.

No Graphics Bugs.

Removed Dell boot animation.

Incredible battery life.

Flash it with ClockWork Mod and enjoy its Vanilla flayour :)

Base: Stock Froyo (from Dell XCD 35)

Build Date: 24 Feb 2011

Attachment:

http://www.mediafire...pholl4mqmoyyrdm

When you say 'almost stock' - what's not stock here?

Also on the second thought: This being stock means it doesn't have super user rights or busy box or over clocking right?

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest Akash P

When you say 'almost stock' - what's not stock here?

Also on the second thought: This being stock means it doesn't have super user rights or busy box or over clocking right?

Well, "Stock" had hardware acceleration turned off and dalvik cache was set at 24M.

Yes, it has no Superuser rights and no overclocking.

Well, "Stock" had hardware acceleration turned off and dalvik cache was set at 24M.

Yes, it has no Superuser rights and no overclocking.

Tried and get some keyboard error everytime ... see your 2nd threat ;-)

I've deiced to go back to Froyo V2 because this error is only the start I guess.

Nu superuser rights ... can only make some more trouble imo.

I believe you when you say it's the best rom ... but I'll run the second best without any problem on my blade.

Guest Akash P

Tried and get some keyboard error everytime ... see your 2nd threat ;-)

I've deiced to go back to Froyo V2 because this error is only the start I guess.

Nu superuser rights ... can only make some more trouble imo.

I believe you when you say it's the best rom ... but I'll run the second best without any problem on my blade.

Oops! Sorry, had uploaded the wrong one. I'm re-upoading it again.. Hope you do try it out again.

I'm posting the entire build.prop here.. You can look through it

# begin build properties

# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh

ro.build.id=FRF91

ro.build.display.id=FROYO_P729DLV1.0.0B01

ro.build.version.incremental=20110224.151156

ro.build.version.sdk=8

ro.build.version.codename=REL

ro.build.version.release=2.2

ro.build.date=Thu Feb 24 15:15:39 CST 2011

ro.build.date.utc=1298531739

ro.build.type=user

ro.build.user=zhangchun

ro.build.host=localhost.localdomain

ro.build.tags=release-keys

ro.product.model=XCD35

ro.product.brand=ZTE

ro.product.name=P729DELL

ro.product.device=blade

ro.product.board=blade

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi

ro.product.manufacturer=ZTE

ro.product.locale.language=en

ro.product.locale.region=IN

ro.wifi.channels=

ro.board.platform=msm7k

# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device

ro.build.product=blade

# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint

ro.build.description=P729DELL-user 2.2 FRF91 20110224.151156 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=ZTE/P729DELL/blade/blade:2.2/FRF91/20110224.151156:user/release-keys

# end build properties

#

# system.prop for surf

#

##########################################

#History:

#when who what, where, why

#-------- ---- ---------------------------------------------------

#2010-01-27 zhangxian new file for moonckae bord config

#2010-03-03 luwenjun modify the version number

#2010-04-01 zhaobin need setupwizard when first boot

#2010-05-25 tangjuan set the default ringtone

#2010-06-05 zhangping add default value of the timezone is Europe/London(London, Dublin)

#2010-08-20 wangtao close beep sound when ringstome is mute

#2010-09-01 wt change default value of "ro.camera.sound.forced"

#2010-10-08 liuhaitao opengl version 2.0

#2010-11-22 luya add property ro.sf.hwrotation

#2010-11-30 xingbeilei add property for USB

#...

##########################################

ro.product.board_name=blade

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-1.so

rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0

persist.rild.nitz_plmn=

persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_0=

persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_1=

persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_2=

persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_3=

persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_0=

persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_1=

persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_2=

persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_3=

DEVICE_PROVISIONED=1

debug.sf.hw=1

dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m

#

# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES

#

ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.2_r9

ro.build.software_version=FROYO_P729DLV1.0.0B01

ro.build.sw_internal_version=FROYO_P729DLV1.0.0B04

ro.config.ringtone=BeatPlucker.ogg

ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.ogg

ro.camera.sound.forced=1

ro.build.software_version=ZTE-BLADEV1.0.0B01

ro.build.sw_internal_version=GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B02

ro.sf.hwrotation=180

ro.sf.lcd_density=240

ro.config.notification_sound=F1_New_SMS.ogg

ro.config.ringtone=BeatPlucker.ogg

persist.sys.timezone=Europe/London

ro.camera.sound.forced=0

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-zte

ro.com.google.clientidbase.yt=android-zte

ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-zte

ro.com.google.clientidbase.vs=android-zte

ro.com.google.clientidbase.gmm=android-zte

ro.com.google.clientidbase.ms=android-zte

media.stagefright.enable-player=false

media.stagefright.enable-meta=false

media.stagefright.enable-scan=false

media.stagefright.enable-http=false

ro.opengles.version=131072

persist.usb.enable_switch=1

persist.usb.linux_switch=1

persist.usb.switch_pid=0x1351

persist.usb.linux_pid=0x1350

persist.usb.default.pid=0x83

persist.sys.timezone=Asia/Calcutta

persist.usb.enable_switch=0

persist.usb.linux_switch=0

persist.usb.switch_pid=0x1371

persist.usb.linux_pid=0x1371

persist.usb.default.pid=0x1371

persist.usb.product_name=DellPhone

persist.usb.manufacturer_name=Dell

persist.usb.mass_storage.vendor=Dell

persist.service.adb.enable=1

net.bt.name=Android

dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

Here's the link again > http://www.mediafire.com/?zu0o42lylyuldy5

I installed it and had no keyboard related problems. Recommend a complete wipe. Do try it out.

Regards,

Akash.

Edit: Couple of my friends over at xda tried it out and had no keyboard ploblems. so it works fine.

Edited by Akash P

OK , thanks.

I'll test in in a few minutes.

Let you know later how it works.

EDIT : tested and the same ... but what I don't understand.

I do format Data , wipe cache and wipe dalvik , then flash your zip , ... and I still get the theme that I installed on my earlier Froyo rom.

Edited by Kuoi

Guest Akash P

OK , thanks.

I'll test in in a few minutes.

Let you know later how it works.

EDIT : tested and the same ... but what I don't understand.

I do format Data , wipe cache and wipe dalvik , then flash your zip , ... and I still get the theme that I installed on my earlier Froyo rom.

Well, i suggest u go through this article.

http://android.modaco.com/topic/343170-best-clean-up-before-flashing-roms/

Well, i suggest u go through this article.

http://android.modac...-flashing-roms/

It's working now , but Only 2 languages ????

English (asia)

English (usa)

or something like that .

How to add languages ?

EDIT : Installed Morelocale2 from market and working in Dutch now . ... running smooth and fast for about 5 minutes now.

Hope it keeps going this way ;-)

Edited by Kuoi

Guest Akash P

It's working now , but Only 2 languages ????

English (asia)

English (usa)

or something like that .

How to add languages ?

EDIT : Installed Morelocale2 from market and working in Dutch now . ... running smooth and fast for about 5 minutes now.

Hope it keeps going this way ;-)

Glad its working! I was under the impression i did something wrong :)

I've been using it for a week now without any problems. Definitely a smooth rom. Hope you enjoy it.

Could you give your feedback on this Rom??

Regards,

Akash.

Edited by Akash P

Glad its working! I was under the impression i did something wrong :)

I've been using it for a week now without any problems. Definitely a smooth rom. Hope you enjoy it.

Could you give your feedback on this Rom??

Regards,

Akash.

I will ... but busy to get it rooted with superuser rights etc. ... nothing works at the moment.

I can't install titanium backup , because it needs superuser rights.

Let you know when and if it's done.

Guest domerator

Akash P:

Could you give some rough info about the battery performance of your rom?

GB roms are great in battery use in idle but very much hungry when awake... CM7 is the same. Maybe you could provide us a battery statistics screenshot?

How about the wifi operation? Is this rom able to keep wifi in low power mode during sleep or disconnects? Same question for bluetooth.

Are there any proximity sensor malfunction?

Thank you

Guest Akash P

Akash P:

Could you give some rough info about the battery performance of your rom?

GB roms are great in battery use in idle but very much hungry when awake... CM7 is the same. Maybe you could provide us a battery statistics screenshot?

How about the wifi operation? Is this rom able to keep wifi in low power mode during sleep or disconnects? Same question for bluetooth.

Are there any proximity sensor malfunction?

Thank you

Here's my experience, i charged it yesterday night to 100%. at around 8am in the morning i got up and checked the battery status it was at 100% :) i restated the phone and then checked again it was at 99%. So all in all with 12 hours of sleep (no pun intended :D) battery loss was just 1%.

I then sent around 147 sms's and made 2 calls which lasted about 1h 42min in total, the battery dropped to 94%. At present (1 hour later) it's still at 94%.

Average stand by of the battery with minimal to average use is about 2.5 days minium. with wifi on all the time its approx 1.5 days.

I suggest you calibrate the battery first but deleting it through ClockWork mod in advanced settings, then charge your phone an entire night, reboot your phone and then again charge it for another 3 hours. this way your batter gives best performance and lasts longer.

About wifi, as for me it goes into low power mode during sleep. In my experience it does not disconnect. (will have to test it out more)

There are no Proximity sensor issues whatsoever in this rom. the sensor works fine during calls and in sunlight..etc. Moreover you could easily calibrate it using its default zte dialer. I've never had any issues with the sensors unlike Gingerbread roms.

I suggest you create a ext partition on your sd card to give more space for app installation. I have it and had no "not enough space" issues.

Edited by Akash P

Guest Akash P

Not working

To permanently root please use http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KJ7XSNBT . instructions at http://android.modac...-for-22-blades/

just copy the entire contents to a new folder in your sd card and then install z root , choose permanent root.. your phone is now permanently rooted.

It works fine i used it a million times.

If it does not work please flash the rom PROPERLY whilest formating everything as indicated in this post http://android.modac...-flashing-roms/

Then permanently root using the modified zroot. It has to work fine.

Edited by Akash P

Guest domerator

Here's my experience, i charged it yesterday night to 100%. at around 8am in the morning i got up and checked the battery status it was at 100% :) i restated the phone and then checked again it was at 99%. So all in all with 12 hours of sleep (no pun intended :D) battery loss was just 1%.

Good news

I then sent around 147 sms's and made 2 calls which lasted about 1h 42min in total, the battery dropped to 94%. At present (1 hour later) it's still at 94%.

Even better news ... (congrat to the 147 texts in 102 mins... excellent typing performance :) :) )

Average stand by of the battery with minimal to average use is about 2.5 days minium. with wifi on all the time its approx 1.5 days.

I suggest you calibrate the battery first but deleting it through ClockWork mod in advanced settings, then charge your phone an entire night, reboot your phone and then again charge it for another 3 hours. this way your batter gives best performance and lasts longer.

About wifi, as for me it goes into low power mode during sleep. In my experience it does not disconnect. (will have to test it out more)

There are no Proximity sensor issues whatsoever in this rom. the sensor works fine during calls and in sunlight..etc. Moreover you could easily calibrate it using its default zte dialer. I've never had any issues with the sensors unlike Gingerbread roms.

I suggest you create a ext partition on your sd card to give more space for app installation. Ihave it and had no "not enough space" issues.

Thank you very much... if you please could the wifi issue tested to make sure it is in low power...

I suppose this rom works without ext part also... I do not like ext parts on sd.

Thanks again!

Guest Akash P

Good news

Even better news ... (congrat to the 147 texts in 102 mins... excellent typing performance :) :) )

Thank you very much... if you please could the wifi issue tested to make sure it is in low power...

I suppose this rom works without ext part also... I do not like ext parts on sd.

Thanks again!

Lol! "congrat to the 147 texts in 102 mins" I have a girlfriend you see :-D Moreover we have unlimited free msg's on vodafone in my country so...!

Yes the roms works perfectly fine without a ext partition but, i recommend it coz while making a ext partition you create a swap size of 32M which greatly improves performance like scrolling, opening apps, memory management..etc

As for the wifi, it does go into low power mode on sleep (tested it out now) but i'm not 100% sure.. why dont you try it out :)

Guest domerator

Lol! "congrat to the 147 texts in 102 mins" I have a girlfriend you see :-D Moreover we have unlimited free msg's on vodafone in my country so...!

Yes the roms works perfectly fine without a ext partition but, i recommend it coz while making a ext partition you create a swap size of 32M which greatly improves performance like scrolling, opening apps, memory management..etc

As for the wifi, it does go into low power mode on sleep (tested it out now) but i'm not 100% sure.. why dont you try it out :)

LOL! I will try it out sooner or later... :)

I only congratted to your typing performance and not for the texts fees :) ... anyway... battery sounds good.

I never heard that having an ext part and a 32M swap would improve performance... this is one more thing makes me to try this rom out.

As soon as I have this rom on my wild animal Blade I will let you know my opinions :)

Thank you

Guest Akash P

LOL! I will try it out sooner or later... :)

I only congratted to your typing performance and not for the texts fees :) ... anyway... battery sounds good.

I never heard that having an ext part and a 32M swap would improve performance... this is one more thing makes me to try this rom out.

As soon as I have this rom on my wild animal Blade I will let you know my opinions :)

Thank you

Here’s a case where having swap on android makes sense:

open android browser, load a couple web pages… maybe one to look up the address of a business and another to look up a product price on google product search. run google maps and get some directions to the store, open text messaging and send a text telling a friend to meet you there. go back to maps and follow the directions to the store, go back to the browser and try to view one of the web pages. good luck viewing either of the previously fully-loaded pages without waiting for it to re-download the entire thing.

As programs are swapped in and out of memory you might see a very slight delay to wait for the SD card, but this is an extremely short wait time compared to having to wait for a web page to be re-downloaded, especially if you’re in an area where you only have a 2G signal. you can even open many more web pages without having to wait for them to re-download.

The re-downloading of web pages almost made me switch from android to something else because it was so annoying, but with swap the phone is actually pleasant to use, and makes true multitasking possible.

If you run more than a few apps, your RAM will likely get filled up quickly, and OS will start pushing apps out, killing the processes. In this case you want to raise the swappiness, tell the OS to push RAM to swap more frequently, so your app’s current memory state will be preserved in swap. They aren’t active while in swap space, but their state is preserved, so you get the impression the corresponding processes are in fact, still alive. Makes our life easier!

As a conclusion, the way I see it, on some Android builds, swap is absolutely necessary, otherwise the system is unusable. On others, not necessary at all.

So, swap will occasionally enhance our Android experience, and in many cases reduce the frustration.

Edited by Akash P

Guest targetbsp

The re-downloading of web pages almost made me switch from android to something else because it was so annoying, but with swap the phone is actually pleasant to use, and makes true multitasking possible.

Using a different browser helps. :) Miren and XScope are good at not re-downloading pages when they don't need to. Stock and Dolphin suck at it.

Guest Akash P

Using a different browser helps. :) Miren and XScope are good at not re-downloading pages when they don't need to. Stock and Dolphin suck at it.

The simple truth is that a program can be restored from swap substantially faster than it can be loaded, restore its previous configuration, search for its data, load its data, and eventually compose itself appropriately for use. Switching back and forth between programs that would otherwise have to be initialised from scratch, reference their previous state, and then re-load the required data is so much more of a pleasant experience with a swap partition that I never plan to be without one on my Blade again.

In theory, the native android memory handling should be more efficient, and with a brand-spanking-new device like a Galaxy S2 (which has oodles of memory and blazing IO speeds) this would probably be the case… but with this old Blade, the swap method blows a hole right through that logic.

Edited by Akash P

Guest domerator

Here’s a case where having swap on android makes sense:

open android browser, load a couple web pages… maybe one to look up the address of a business and another to look up a product price on google product search. run google maps and get some directions to the store, open text messaging and send a text telling a friend to meet you there. go back to maps and follow the directions to the store, go back to the browser and try to view one of the web pages. good luck viewing either of the previously fully-loaded pages without waiting for it to re-download the entire thing.

As programs are swapped in and out of memory you might see a very slight delay to wait for the SD card, but this is an extremely short wait time compared to having to wait for a web page to be re-downloaded, especially if you’re in an area where you only have a 2G signal. you can even open many more web pages without having to wait for them to re-download.

If you run more than a few apps, your RAM will likely get filled up quickly, and OS will start pushing apps out, killing the processes. In this case you want to raise the swappiness, tell the OS to push RAM to swap more frequently, so your app’s current memory state will be preserved in swap. They aren’t active while in swap space, but their state is preserved, so you get the impression the corresponding processes are in fact, still alive. Makes our life easier!

As a conclusion, the way I see it, on some Android builds, swap is absolutely necessary, otherwise the system is unusable. On others, not necessary at all.

So, swap will occasionally enhance our Android experience, and in many cases reduce the frustration.

Thank you again for this explanation... now I have only one doubt... I saw on my frequently visited local forum that Blade has RAM enough to solve the multitasking problems therefore swap partition is not very much necessary in most cases... besides I am not a hardcore user... very rarely I checked the running apps in settings and never found RAM less than 100M... does swap make the performance even better in my case? Have to mention I use Opera Mini most of the cases.

Nevertheless when I try your rom out I will make ext and swap for sure to see how it works... your confidence is convincing :)

Thank you

Guest Akash P

Thank you again for this explanation... now I have only one doubt... I saw on my frequently visited local forum that Blade has RAM enough to solve the multitasking problems therefore swap partition is not very much necessary in most cases... besides I am not a hardcore user... very rarely I checked the running apps in settings and never found RAM less than 100M... does swap make the performance even better in my case? Have to mention I use Opera Mini most of the cases.

Nevertheless when I try your rom out I will make ext and swap for sure to see how it works... your confidence is convincing :)

Thank you

Well, its all upto the user.. Create a swap and then if you notice a difference keep it. If not, the next time you flash a new rom delete the swap. But in my experience swap does improve Android experience.

Good luck with the rom, do follow proper steps to format your device as mentioned in this thread http://android.modaco.com/topic/343170-best-clean-up-before-flashing-roms/

To permanently root please use http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KJ7XSNBT . instructions at http://android.modac...-for-22-blades/

just copy the entire contents to a new folder in your sd card and then install z root , choose permanent root.. your phone is now permanently rooted.

It works fine i used it a million times.

If it does not work please flash the rom PROPERLY whilest formating everything as indicated in this post http://android.modac...-flashing-roms/

Then permanently root using the modified zroot. It has to work fine.

This is working ... but still can't install titanium .. but I'll search now for a solution.

THANKS for the help