Akash Stock Froyo Gen2 rom

Guest Akash P

Guest domerator

how to add more languages to this rom ?

because there are..only two

For someone the Morelocale app from the market solved the problem... he had Dutch laguage after install this prog... I use it in English (as I used to with WinMo in the past :))

Edit: Kuoi was faster :D :D... but only by seconds!!

Edited by domerator

Guest damjan006

Can't install this ROM and always get stuck on the dell logo. Can someone comfirm that this is working on Greek Blades ?? I have wiped data, cache and dalwik cache ( I don't have a swap partition )

Edited by damjan006

For someone the Morelocale app from the market solved the problem... he had Dutch laguage after install this prog... I use it in English (as I used to with WinMo in the past :))

Edit: Kuoi was faster :D :D... but only by seconds!!

!!! YES !!! ----- I'M THE MAN ------ !!! JEEHAAA !!!! :D

Joking , joking ...lol

Can't install this ROM and always get stuck on the dell logo. Can someone comfirm that this is working on Greek Blades ?? I have wiped data, cache and dalwik cache ( I don't have a swap partition )

Read this

If it doesn't work , read message #44 and #45 above.

And if it's a NEW bought Blade , and never had any other rom on it ... read this

Good luck

Guest domerator

!!! YES !!! ----- I'M THE MAN ------ !!! JEEHAAA !!!! :D

Joking , joking ...lol

Yesss :D you are the man!

And this is THE ROM for me so far... battery still looks the best for me so far. From 7.00 AM till now (midnight) I used the phone quite same way as always (Operamini browsing a lot on EDGE, some wifi, few short calls, adjustments, progz installs) and still have 22%. Never experienced this on any rom before.

GPS works well, BT as expected won't accept apk files, wifi disconnects in sleep and reconnects at wake. Wifi is not as sensitive as in CM or GB, but acceptable.

Will charge overnight and see tomorrow.

Where is Akash P by the way?

Guest Akash P

Do you have a Gen 1 or a Gen 2 Blade? This rom is only Gen 2. If your phone did come with Eclair then its gen 1 if so Please read this topic http://android.modac...n2-tpt-upgrade/ and flash "Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v8-stock" (Alternative version - enough space to install gen2 stock roms) , then flash this rom.

If you have Gen 2 then wipe everything as i mentioned in my first post and reflash the rom. It should work fine.

Hope you get it working.

Edited by Akash P

Guest Akash P

Yesss :D you are the man!

And this is THE ROM for me so far... battery still looks the best for me so far. From 7.00 AM till now (midnight) I used the phone quite same way as always (Operamini browsing a lot on EDGE, some wifi, few short calls, adjustments, progz installs) and still have 22%. Never experienced this on any rom before.

GPS works well, BT as expected won't accept apk files, wifi disconnects in sleep and reconnects at wake. Wifi is not as sensitive as in CM or GB, but acceptable.

Will charge overnight and see tomorrow.

Where is Akash P by the way?

I'm Here!!! :D Was busy, had to finish my engineering project :)

Glad to know domerator ur liking the rom, As for the wifi, its a power saving feature inherent in Froyo, and i like it :) Bluetooth will not accept .apk files coz it a security feature. Please install Bluetooth file transfer https://market.andro...l.blueftp&hl=en Everything should work fine now.

Edited by Akash P

Guest domerator

I'm Here!!! :D Was busy, had to finish my engineering project :)

Glad to know domerator ur liking the rom, As for the wifi, its a power saving feature inherent in Froyo, and i like it :) Bluetooth will not accept .apk files coz it a security feature. Please install Bluetooth file transfer https://market.andro...l.blueftp&hl=en Everything should work fine now.

Hi Akash P!

So far so good!!! :)

If you don't mind I made a bit marketing for your rom in my favourite local forum in Hungary and some people is about to give it a go due to the simple vanilla-like and the battery life. :)

As for me I still believe that this rom is best so far concerning the battery. Today morning I had my coffee and did some Operamini browsing for 10-15 mins or so... the battery went from full to 94% which is again, about half of the consumption of any previous rom I had. Very good.

Wifi is not a big problem... if I need continuous wifi there is a prog called Regpon or whatever which keeps wifi alive. Bluetooth is also OK (as you told apk restriction is safe... either rename or BT transfer prog could do the trick).

Sound is weak as it always was in Blade and as I remember Volume+ works only in 2.3 but I can live with it.

I only can say a big thank you for this rom... I hope there won't be any problem in the future during everyday use.

Can I ask which country you are from?

Brgds

Guest Akash P

Hi Akash P!

If you don't mind I made a bit marketing for your rom in my favourite local forum in Hungary and some people is about to give it a go due to the simple vanilla-like and the battery life. :)

As for me I still believe that this rom is best so far concerning the battery. Today morning I had my coffee and did some Operamini browsing for 10-15 mins or so... the battery went from full to 94% which is again, about half of the consumption of any previous rom I had. Very good.

Wifi is not a big problem... if I need continuous wifi there is a prog called Regpon or whatever which keeps wifi alive. Bluetooth is also OK (as you told apk restriction is safe... either rename or BT transfer prog could do the trick).

Sound is weak as it always was in Blade and as I remember Volume+ works only in 2.3 but I can live with it.

I only can say a big thank you for this rom... I hope there won't be any problem in the future during everyday use.

Brgds

Good to see you love the rom. I really dont mind you spreading this rom.. After all sharing is caring :D

As for the sound, i know Blade sucks in that but i recommend that you buy Sennheiser CX-300 Headphones, Amazing quality and is loud!

There's another trick,

In clockwork recovery....scroll down to "install zip from sdcard" and enter (press the home icon button to enter)then "choose zip from sdcard" and scroll down to "audio booster.zip" (must be left in zip format) choose yes and then reboot once complete Done!!

http://www.mediafire...ux7718cixquthm0

It makes things louder though the top level is a little distorted through the speaker. It may or may not work, no harm in trying though.

As for reliability, i've been using this rom for 3 months now and had no problems whatsoever. The only reason i stay away from Gingerbread roms is that the camera quality sucks in GB.. its a common problem, do a google search you'll know what i mean.. even high end phones have the camera problem in GB.. Moreover everything works in this rom no sensor issues or anything of that sort.. i agree it may not be as fast as some GB roms out there but it does have everything working.

*I would'nt expect anything more from a cheap smartphone that has a low end processor.*

I'm from India domerator :) Hope to visit Hungary one day.. Beautiful country.

Edited by Akash P

Guest domerator

Good to see you love the rom. I really dont mind you spreading this rom.. After all sharing is caring :D

As for the sound, i know Blade sucks in that but i recommend that you buy Sennheiser CX-300 Headphones, Amazing quality and is loud!

There's another trick,

In clockwork recovery....scroll down to "install zip from sdcard" and enter (press the home icon button to enter)then "choose zip from sdcard" and scroll down to "audio booster.zip" (must be left in zip format) choose yes and then reboot once complete Done!!

http://www.mediafire...ux7718cixquthm0

It makes things louder though the top level is a little distorted through the speaker. It may or may not work, no harm in trying though.

As for reliability, i've been using this rom for 3 months now and had no problems whatsoever. The only reason i stay away from Gingerbread roms is that the camera quality sucks in GB.. its a common problem, do a google search you'll know what i mean.. even high end phones have the camera problem in GB.. Moreover everything works in this rom no sensor issues or anything of that sort.. i agree it may not be as fast as some GB roms out there but it does have everything working.

*I would'nt expect anything more from a cheap smartphone that has a low end processor.*

I'm from India domerator :) Hope to visit Hungary one day.. Beautiful country.

Hi!

I checked the Sennheiser... looks good and it must sound louder than others due to its 16ohm impedance. I will consider to have one.

AudioBooster will get a chance on my Blade as well :) thank you.

Reliability and acceptable battery life is my priority as well... this rom looks to fulfill these needs. I am really surprised seeing the battery handling. BTW would you recommend a battery monitoring prog which can produce a battery discharge graph as the built-in graph looks in Gingerbread? In this rom the battery history only shows the processes which consumed energy but not the gray graph (hope you know what I mean).

Camera is a second stage only in my importance list so I am OK with this quality. BTW... do not rely on the picture quality which you see in built-in gallery when zooming in... try QuickPic and you will see a much sharper picture in QuickPic than in Gallery... and this is the true picture not the gallery showed one!

OFF:

India.... a mysterious country for us... my wife Loooooves India but never been there... and we both love Indian food... we occasionally go to Indian restaurant and I choose Vindaloo almost all times :)

Thank you for all... I will keep you informed...

Guest Akash P

Good to see you can digest spicy Indian food not many can :)

As for picture quality, i was talking about the overall quality, the vividness, bandiing etc.. i've takin pictures form both froyo and GB and always found froyo pictures better on a 27" monitor.

Moreover if you wanna record videos at 800x480 resolution do checkout lgcamera (works only on froyo), amazing app takes great video of amazing quality way beter than any other app around.

By far the best battery graph app i've used has to be Battery snap https://market.andro..._from_developer Be carefull using it since it uses a lot of juice but it is the best app.. alternatively you may consider Battery Graph https://market.andro...modroid.battery

Edited by Akash P

Guest domerator

hi !

how is battery life of this rom vs gsf b18 ?

best regards

leszek

Despite I never used b18 I dare to state that drain in sleep could be similar (very little) but drain awake when you use the phone is much better in this rom. (I used other variant of Ginger Stir Fry)

Guest domerator

Good to see you can digest spicy Indian food not many can :)

As for picture quality, i was talking about the overall quality, the vividness, bandiing etc.. i've takin pictures form both froyo and GB and always found froyo pictures better on a 27" monitor.

Moreover if you wanna record videos at 800x480 resolution do checkout lgcamera (works only on froyo), amazing app takes great video of amazing quality way beter than any other app around.

By far the best battery graph app i've used has to be Battery snap https://market.andro..._from_developer Be carefull using it since it uses a lot of juice but it is the best app.. alternatively you may consider Battery Graph https://market.andro...modroid.battery

I can not only digest... I love it... korma is my another favourite :)

LG camera: definitely will give a try however I use video very rarely (I think only tested it on Blade) but good to know it is at my disposal when needs :)

Thank you for the recommended battery progz... first I give chance to battery graph as it simplier than the other... and I only need a graph at the moment.

Have a nice day.

Guest tomassz82

Hi Akash P!

Brgds

Yeah, i'm one of the hungarian newbies trying out this rom.

Hi to all of you!

I flashed this rom last night, so i have no long-time experiences. But one or two things:

-Plants vs. Zombies game gives only blank screen, though i can hear thebackground music

-Assassins Creed game is running slow

-other 3D games are running fair enough. I tried for example NFS Shift and Drift Racing

-at first, youtube and every app that used camera, gave a black&white picture. After phone restart, everything worked fine

-the OS is a bit slower than 2.3 CM-s, but runs good enough to be fully usable

-battery life seems to be very good, but i will need a few days to fully confirm that

So far, i like tis rom. I will stay tuned, and will report my experiences.

A note to add, Titanium Backup was fully able to restore my 2.3.4. backups to this rom, saving me a lot of work.

I've decided to give it another try :rolleyes:

I've just flashed your rom again , and this time I've formatted everything , except SDcard.

I don't have the keyboard error this time ;)

I've just installed Zeam launcher , Go keyboard , Z4root permanent froyo , and Titanium ... all is working well at the moment.

I'll be bussy with installing now , and will report back in the next few days.

I'm just interested in the battery life , so I hope for the best.

Will let it run empty , then fully charge again , and hope it goes for at least 2 days.

I know that with installing and configuring the phone there much more battery drain , so I will report back after my first fully charge.

I'll make a new green theme for this one , and if I found some time (if kitchen works well) I'll do an orange theme as well.

If you have any demands for the orange theme , let me know ... battery icon , icons , orange underline or not , notification bar transparant or black ??? ...

Guest damjan006

Do you have a Gen 1 or a Gen 2 Blade? This rom is only Gen 2. If your phone did come with Eclair then its gen 1 if so Please read this topic http://android.modac...n2-tpt-upgrade/ and flash "Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v8-stock" (Alternative version - enough space to install gen2 stock roms) , then flash this rom.

If you have Gen 2 then wipe everything as i mentioned in my first post and reflash the rom. It should work fine.

Hope you get it working.

Yes my phone came with 2.1 rom and i have converted it to gen2 with this method I don't know why I can't install your ROM but I think I have tried installing DELL Rom's before but it was the same thing and always it gets stuck on the DELL logo. Is the SWAP partition necessary becouse I don't have one ??? Anyway thanks

Guest domerator

I've decided to give it another try :rolleyes:

I've just flashed your rom again , and this time I've formatted everything , except SDcard.

I don't have the keyboard error this time ;)

I've just installed Zeam launcher , Go keyboard , Z4root permanent froyo , and Titanium ... all is working well at the moment.

I'll be bussy with installing now , and will report back in the next few days.

I'm just interested in the battery life , so I hope for the best.

Will let it run empty , then fully charge again , and hope it goes for at least 2 days.

I know that with installing and configuring the phone there much more battery drain , so I will report back after my first fully charge.

I'll make a new green theme for this one , and if I found some time (if kitchen works well) I'll do an orange theme as well.

If you have any demands for the orange theme , let me know ... battery icon , icons , orange underline or not , notification bar transparant or black ??? ...

Hi Kuoi Tha Man :D

If you have the best battery life as a priority in a rom you will not be disappointed I can tell you.

Right now as I write these words... I've been having the Blade with listening music and wifi on and display on at least for 15 mins and the battery percentage did not drop more than 1-2%... amazed.

Thank you for your offer about theming.. as for me I have a different taste... the whole android world is too dark for me... my dream theme is very light (white) conventional (black letters and numbers on white background everywhere in the menus as well, white dialer with buttons (stock dialer is my best) ... this kind of theme does not exist yet unfortunately. So thanks again... I have no demands regarding neither of themes.

Waiting for your experiences using this rom.

Brgds

Edited by domerator

Yes my phone came with 2.1 rom and i have converted it to gen2 with this method http://android.modac...n2-tpt-upgrade/ I don't know why I can't install your ROM but I think I have tried installing DELL Rom's before but it was the same thing and always it gets stuck on the DELL logo. Is the SWAP partition necessary becouse I don't have one ??? Anyway thanks

It should work with the V8 from Akash answer , see http://android.modaco.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=1774793

Unzip the zip-file , and put the "IMAGE" folder from it on your sd-card. So you must put the FOLDER on your sd-card , not the zip.

Power on and push "Volume UP" button as soon as it boots ... and keep pushing till it boots the image.

Hope it works.

Guest tomassz82

Hello again.

A noticed a strange problem on my Blade with this rom.

After a phone on-off, the battery usage stats were counting from zero minutes. No charger and no data cable was plugged in.

Not a big thing, but if someone knows a solution, i will say a thank you.

To the battery life theme, i plugged the charger out 13 hours ago, slept 8 hours, and when i woke up, i started to install apps, use wifi, configure data connection, etc, until now. The battery shows 78% load. Impressive. :)

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi Akash,

Thanks for sharing your ROM with us.

I have tried it today.

My first install was without doing anything to the SD card - I got easy install but as you mentioned had issues with installing apps.

So on my second attempt I made partitions etc and installed. It installs fine, but then it hangs on 'Dell' logo. - What am I doing wrong?

I tried on third attempt in same fasion as first try without any partitions and it again installs fine and goes beyond 'Dell' but obviously I can't install any apps at all.

Hi Akash,

Thanks for sharing your ROM with us.

I have tried it today.

My first install was without doing anything to the SD card - I got easy install but as you mentioned had issues with installing apps.

So on my second attempt I made partitions etc and installed. It installs fine, but then it hangs on 'Dell' logo. - What am I doing wrong?

I tried on third attempt in same fasion as first try without any partitions and it again installs fine and goes beyond 'Dell' but obviously I can't install any apps at all.

I should use the tpt method from this message ... use the V8. http://android.modac...ost&pid=1774793

As I send above ... I did a new install now , but wiped and formatted EVERYTHING , except SD-card .

Look under "mount and storage" in clockworkmod to format everything except SD-card for obvious reasons :D

Hope this helps , good luck.

Guest rockstarszzzz

I should use the tpt method from this message ... use the V8. http://android.modac...ost&pid=1774793

As I send above ... I did a new install now , but wiped and formatted EVERYTHING , except SD-card .

Look under "mount and storage" in clockworkmod to format everything except SD-card for obvious reasons :D

Hope this helps , good luck.

I am already on Gen2 - why would I still need a TPT?

I wiped everything as well, literally everything other than SD card partition and SD card! Don't understand what makes is hang at DELL!