Tweaks for KG6/KG7 (CRT effect + progress bar fix, stock notification icons, camera without battery limitations, insecure ADB)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi all!

This is the topic where i'm going to post my tweaks and mods for KG6, and in due course a kitchen and MCR.

These mods are pure files, not clockworkmod images, in directories for pushing after remounting KG6. With that in mind, you'll need root first. Install at your own risk!

• 'CRT effect' and progress bar fix modded framework-res.apk - DOWNLOAD
  • 'Stock notification icons' (including 'going green' when connected to Google) SystemUI.apk - DOWNLOAD
  • Battery limitations removed (can use camera and flash regardless of battery level) Camera.apk / .odex - DOWNLOAD
  • Insecure ADB installer APK (root ADB access with stock kernel - install APK then select icon from launcher) - DOWNLOAD

Lots more to follow. :)

P

Guest artesea

Just to check via ADB, or if I want to risk it make speedy copy and pastes via Root Explorer followed by a reboot? (at work so no access to ADB)

thanks for this paul.

one question, when updating to kg6 what is the trick not to lose data (what to delete in tar)?

Not sure, haven't checked that out yet!

P

Guest Batkoto

Anyone managed to change the default homescreen in KG6?

Modified TouchWiz that was working fine in KG1, KG2 and KG3 doesn't seems to be working here.

Guest Batkoto

Not this one, ever since KG1 default.prop is no longer under /system

therefore you need to decompile TouchWiz30Launcher.apk and edit launcher.xml

However, I managed to find already compiled launcher that was working just fine in KG1, KG2 and KG3.... however... doesnt work in KG6.

Paul,

Check on the FTP, I have uploaded the apk if you think you can port it in KG6.

Main idea is to have screen #4 set as default as I really dislike #1 being the default one.

Not this one, ever since KG1 default.prop is no longer under /system

therefore you need to decompile TouchWiz30Launcher.apk and edit launcher.xml

However, I managed to find already compiled launcher that was working just fine in KG1, KG2 and KG3.... however... doesnt work in KG6.

Paul,

Check on the FTP, I have uploaded the apk if you think you can port it in KG6.

Main idea is to have screen #4 set as default as I really dislike #1 being the default one.

Ah, I see, i'll have a look.

P

Guest Aqua-Niki

Hi Paul, does these tweaks work with Chainfire's custom kernel ? Also, is there any chance someone can turn this into a CWM flashable zip ? Won't be near a PC for two weeks and I can't find an app that creates an update.zip from the phone.

Edit : a friend did it for me, problem solved ^^

Edited by Aqua-Niki

Guest fredewis

How do I install these?

I've rooted, just not sure if I do it via Clockwork Mod, or what?!

you use root explorer from market and go to to the spesific folders then replace them ....(thats how i did it )

Guest khamees79

Regarding the Camera Tweak. Do i need to place the files in system\app ?

This should be very useful. I was on holiday recently, and had extra batteries, but when the battery reaches 10%, the camera refuses to run.