ZTE Skate has a Snapdragon!!!!

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

Hot news today is that the ZTE Skate CPU is now a Snapdragon CPU. Excited? Well, sadly Qualcomm have tricked you.

Taking a cue from Nvidia naming schemes, Qualcomm have decided to rebrand it's lower end processors as Snapdragon System 1. This includes the MSM7227 CPU that powers both the ZTE Blade and ZTE Skate devices. So, on paper at least, the phone has a Snapdragon. Performance wise it still kind of sucks.

Source: http://thisismynext.com/2011/08/03/qualcomm-revamps-snapdragon-branding-helps-brag-smartphone-chip-slightly-understandable-fashion/

Guest k0zmic

I think this new naming system will probably cause confusion.

Flibblesan you got my hopes up for an ARM v7 processor on the Skate and crushed them within a matter of seconds laugh.gif.

Guest sej7278

Buy a Huawei U8800 instead :-)

CM7 on the way soon!

what's huawei like with releasing sourcecode? i know there's a 2.6.32 kernel, is there a 2.6.35 yet? is there even a 2.6.35 huawei device?

is there even a gingerbread rom (stock or mod) yet?

i see its not free to unlock like blade, and its still nowhere near £150 like the skate.

Guest That-Guy

Don't seem to be any problems with them releasing source code.

Yes there are some 2.3 ROMs on XDA for the U8800. Also both Flibblesan and Jacob now have this device.

Jacob will be releasing the first nightly of CM7 within a couple of weeks.

In the UK the U8800 comes Sim Free and unlocked from the CarPhone Warehouse for around £170.

Hope this helps :-)

Guest t0mm13b

Kinda reminds me of the Intel naming scheme

286/16, 386/16, 386/24.... 486DX2/66 ...

586 - "Yes judge, we cannot call this the 586, instead we'll call it Pentium" :P

Pentium... bla bla

List is never ending.... :rolleyes: