NO SENSE: 4/Aug 2.15.531.3 r1 - HTC Vision (G2/Z) Stock ROM (prerooted/radio/de-odex option)

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm pleased to present my repack of the stock ROM for the HTC Vision! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :)

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo stock ROM repacks

Unlike a MCR (MoDaCo Custom ROM) release, a stock ROM repack is as close to the stock ROM as possible. Only root / Superuser and an insecure boot image is added. The benefits of the repack are providing a rollback option in update zip format as well as providing an online kitchen to remove parts that are not required.

A MCR release of this ROM is also available!

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).

THIS ROM SHOULD RUN ON BOTH THE G2 AND THE DESIRE Z!

Features

• Repack of the 2.15.531.3 (OTA) Gingerbread ROM
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
    Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM (you should be particularly safe if coming from a near-stock ROM), however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

The ROM is packaged for installation via ClockworkMod. The radio / baseband is packaged for installation via either renaming to PC10IMG.zip and copying to SD card then rebooting to bootloader or by 'fastboot flash'ing the radio (both of which will likely require your device to be 'S-OFF / ENG' bootloader).

A MCR will follow soon.

[Edit: It looks like Mediafire are having some issues with redirects atm, if you get a 404, give it a few tries!]

[*]ROM 2.15.531.3 - DOWNLOAD - MD5: e4043e741d75dfc7e3771ff457f6c49d

[*]ROM 2.15.531.3 de-odexed - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 7e878091f419a4d518cdc0c8a4bfedf8

[*]Radio / Baseband 26.08.04.30_M3 - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 54df99c578a0cc1b39b7fc6911ef8ec4

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! :D

P

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on the MCR Build of this rom......I really like the stock rom but Modaco Custom Roms are much better !

Same question from me.

Any news on an MCR build of this rom?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jacklc000

Same question from me.

Any news on an MCR build of this rom?

MCR for this coming soon.....Would really like to have a Modaco alternative to the roms currently out there!!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...