Guest cleavepm

Guest cleavepm

Hi,

I have a rooted unlocked desire with the following -

Firmware 2.1 Update 1

Kernel 2.6.29

Build 1.15.405.4

Software 1.15.405.4

I'd like to upgrade from 2.1 to the MoDaCo custom ROM (Sense/Froyo 2.2) or something else.

I've done my backups and have ROM Manager installed and a zipped ROM on my SD card ready to go, but when I try to enter Recovery mode using ROM Manager the phone boots to a screen with a red '?' on it - then boots back into normal mode.

Can anyone please suggest where I go from here? I'm guessing that it's something pretty simple (for all you experts). I've upgraded ROMs on my Vega without any issue via the same method but I'm stuck with this one.....

Guest sudeki300

Hi,

I have a rooted unlocked desire with the following -

Firmware 2.1 Update 1

Kernel 2.6.29

Build 1.15.405.4

Software 1.15.405.4

I'd like to upgrade from 2.1 to the MoDaCo custom ROM (Sense/Froyo 2.2) or something else.

I've done my backups and have ROM Manager installed and a zipped ROM on my SD card ready to go, but when I try to enter Recovery mode using ROM Manager the phone boots to a screen with a red '?' on it - then boots back into normal mode.

Can anyone please suggest where I go from here? I'm guessing that it's something pretty simple (for all you experts). I've upgraded ROMs on my Vega without any issue via the same method but I'm stuck with this one.....

do you have clockwork mod installed, try turning off the phone and switch it on holding the power button and volume down button. this will enter recovery mode.............................sudeki300

Edited by sudeki300

• 5 months later...
Guest cleavepm

do you have clockwork mod installed, try turning off the phone and switch it on holding the power button and volume down button. this will enter recovery mode.............................sudeki300

Yep - tried that method as well - get the same thing. Not sure where I go from here......