What about 1.4GHz?

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Hi all

If the issue of whether the Skate would be 800MHz or 1GHz wasn't enough for you, Atomix86 asked about 1.4GHz dual core devices.

ZTE can confirm that it is devloping a device based on the Qualcomm MSM8255T. That Snapdragon S2 chipset has a documented theorhetical clock speed of 1.4GHz. (It is not dual core though.)

ZTE aims to have a device based on that Snapdragon chipset on the market before the end of 2011.

Guest ThermalDroid

The OMAP3630 is capable of 1.2GHz and is stable as proven by the Defy so it's not something new and the price had better be right.

Guest ThermalDroid

Will come out out by the end of 2012, if at all?

"ZTE aims to have a device based on that Snapdragon chipset on the market before the end of 2011. "

Edited by ThermalDroid

Guest Simon O

I'm probably going to be completely and utterly wrong but remember that recent video where the ZTE chap said the Skate has an 8255 CPU?

Now we know the 1GHz Skate will be available later in the year.

And above it says "Qualcomm MSM8255T", the turbo version of the MSM8255 (which ran at 1GHz).

I might be doing 2+2=5 here but does anyone else think what I'm thinking? :)

"ZTE aims to have a device based on that Snapdragon chipset on the market before the end of 2011." = ZTE Skate 2/ZTE Skate Turbo/ZTE Skate POWAARRR edition

Guest Lew247

Hi all

If the issue of whether the Skate would be 800MHz or 1GHz wasn't enough for you, Atomix86 asked about 1.4GHz dual core devices.

ZTE can confirm that it is devloping a device based on the Qualcomm MSM8255T. That Snapdragon S2 chipset has a documented theorhetical clock speed of 1.4GHz. (It is not dual core though.)

ZTE aims to have a device based on that Snapdragon chipset on the market before the end of 2011.

If it had the bigger screen 4" - 4.5" Then I'd definitely have one.

Even if it was only 1.2Ghz

Guest HCDR.Jacob

If it had the bigger screen 4" - 4.5" Then I'd definitely have one.

Even if it was only 1.2Ghz

I'd say a 4" screen. Perfect size from what I've heard

Guest Atomix86

That would interest me greatly, particularly if it was coupled with a 4.3" screen and 768mb RAM :lol:

Guest HCDR.Jacob

That would interest me greatly, particularly if it was coupled with a 4.3" screen and 768mb RAM :lol:

NO. We don't want Hummerphones

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Nah, had a Galaxy S and was still too small (not to mention ridiculously thin).

Well you're a rare case. I know a lot of people who've moved from Desire HD to Incredible S because of the screen size.

Guest Atomix86

Well you're a rare case. I know a lot of people who've moved from Desire HD to Incredible S because of the screen size.

I could say just the opposite. Fact is 4.3 is becoming the norm for the powerhouse phones. And I love it :).

Guest Lew247

Dual-core MSM8960 CPU

1.5Gb RAM

4Gb internal storage

4inch 480x854 SuperLCD

Unibody build

The ZTE WIN!

Available in my dreamworld.

That would be a phone worth waiting for. And be a sure winner for ZTE especially if they could release it with a REALISTIC price and not super expensive like HTC devices.

i.e. around £200

Guest k0zmic

Dual-core MSM8960 CPU

1.5Gb RAM

4Gb internal storage

4inch 480x854 SuperLCD

Unibody build

The ZTE WIN!

Available in my dreamworld.

Upgrade that screen to a qHD one.

• 2 weeks later...