Acer Stream wifi 'error'

Guest komradd

Guest komradd

I recently started experiencing problems with my wifi on my acer stream. Everytime I try to connect it tries to turn on but then it doesn't and then shows 'error'. Sometimes it does but then it runs fine for half a minute then my phone either gets stuck then runs back normal but with the 'error' notification back again, or the phone resets itself. I am currently running 2.2 on it. I started having this issue when I had 2.1 on it. I thought upgrading would solve the problem but it did not.

Please help me here. An android phone without wifi is like having half of its features taken away from it. No market net related apps etc can be worked. Its really annoying. I didnt buy a then $600 phone for not having any wifi in it :(

Guest Darkkk

With this problem I have never encountered ...

Have you tried to flash another time 2.1 and then 2.2 If the problem persists recommend going to a service center.

Guest komradd

I bought this phone from Dubai. I really hope it's not a hardware problem because if it is, then I wont be able to take it to a service center. :( Anyway I tried re-flashing. I can now connect more frequently to wifi, but only to see it crash my phone again. Basically it's the same thing, but now I get connected to wifi more and get the 'error' notification less, every time i try to connect.

i did research here and there and I have noticed that this error is somewhat common, because it's happened with a couple of htc phones and motorola droid. Only that those two have been given a solution, mainly through a recovery. The htc problem in particular is solved through using a goldcard. If only Acer Stream had a recovery I could try fixing it through the goldcard too :(