Photo

Advent Vega internal USB hub and 3g mod.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

lukelyons92

lukelyons92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
i have found a full and best way to do internal 3g as i have done this myself with everything working i have an Advent Vega also but i mailed ViewSonic replacement dept and they sent me a 3g replacement module with all connectors for £23 (excluding Ericsson card) very good deal all you should think about doing exactly the same as model V10S_1BDA0EU2_01 ViewSonic 10s is exactly the same as the Vega and fit snugly inside and fully working with VegaComb

Bffn45

Bffn45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

i have found a full and best way to do internal 3g as i have done this myself with everything working i have an Advent Vega also but i mailed ViewSonic replacement dept and they sent me a 3g replacement module with all connectors for £23 (excluding Ericsson card) very good deal all you should think about doing exactly the same as model V10S_1BDA0EU2_01 ViewSonic 10s is exactly the same as the Vega and fit snugly inside and fully working with VegaComb

Hello could you please tell us more about this
what do you mean excluding the Ericsson card?..do you need to buy anything else beside the components from viewsonic to make it work?
and what version of Vegacomb are you on?

lukelyons92

lukelyons92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega

Hello could you please tell us more about this
what do you mean excluding the Ericsson card?..do you need to buy anything else beside the components from viewsonic to make it work?
and what version of Vegacomb are you on?

Im running Vegacomb 3.2 Build 9n and with the regards to viewsonic i only got the connection wire for the Mini PCI-E module with sim card reader on it from the viewsonic 10s (model #: V10S_1BDA0EU2_01) then i had to order the Ericsson card (Model #: F3307) off ebay that connects into the Mini PCI-E module this is needed as this is the 3G HSPDA module altogether the cost will be around £40 for the Ericsson card & the Mini PCI-E sim card reader so is a bargain to get 3G in to your tablet also more info on getting the first module from viewsonic.

Parts Department at 877-878-8673 or 877-247-3748 between 8am-5pm PST, Monday through Friday or email them at [email protected]

thanks for reading and hope this helps people with getting 3G on your advent vega or any other tablet that is the same as the vega.

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, movies, motorcycles, classic volkswagons, paintball, skiing to name a few of my interests.
  • Devices:P10AN01, TF201, HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@richard lea
OP updated with more details and what I am currently running.

Richard Lea
[email protected]
Replacement Tablet Screens UK
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for most Tablets.

jsjar

jsjar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
i have all the parts for this mod but not going to do it till ics gets 3g support.
i will be adding a sim card port to make it a bit more like the real thing,
i could then easily switch out the sim without having to take the thing apart every time
i'll use one of these and some vero board cut to fit where the origional board would have gone then wire the pins from the card port to the modem
http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1823wt_1162

Attached File  simcardreadermock.jpg   217.57KB   9 downloads

Edited by jsjar, 06 April 2012 - 03:46 PM.

proiphoneunlock-logo.png

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, movies, motorcycles, classic volkswagons, paintball, skiing to name a few of my interests.
  • Devices:P10AN01, TF201, HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@richard lea
Nice, I like your thinking.
Having that idea :D.
I have covered the rear case with carbon fibre wrap and dont really want to ruin its smooth looks B) by removing the wrap off the sim cover so i think I may glue it to the top of the micro sd card slot on the motherboard. If I then remove a small amoumt of plastic from the bezel, just above the micro SD slot I can get to the sim card and it will be covered by the flap.

i have all the parts for this mod but not going to do it till ics gets 3g support.
i will be adding a sim card port to make it a bit more like the real thing,
i could then easily switch out the sim without having to take the thing apart every time
i'll use one of these and some vero board cut to fit where the origional board would have gone then wire the pins from the card port to the modem
http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1823wt_1162

Attached File  simcardreadermock.jpg   217.57KB   9 downloads

P.S. I would get started now if I where you. The kernel thread has been a hive of activity in the last few days (comparatively) and a new release (android 4.0.4) possibly with working 3g is on the cards soon. Fingers crossed.

Edited by richardmlea, 06 April 2012 - 05:08 PM.

Richard Lea
[email protected]
Replacement Tablet Screens UK
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for most Tablets.

jsjar

jsjar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
got my push fit sim port installed :) usb power & data taken from CN7
Attached File  2012-04-27 15.00.50.jpg   151.03KB   87 downloads

Attached File  2012-04-27 15.00.12.jpg   192.42KB   123 downloads

Attached File  2012-04-27 15.10.10.jpg   61.23KB   82 downloads

Edited by jsjar, 27 April 2012 - 02:18 PM.

proiphoneunlock-logo.png

dondonjordan

dondonjordan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:advent vega
Have any of you tried changing the speakers yet.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users