only dual touch?

Guest darkado

Guest Cirno

I never bothered to try before but i'm kinda disapointed by this when specs clearly state multitouch. Any hacks to enable it?

I don't understand your "dual" multitouch, but I get that you are trying to ask why the digitizer can only read two points. Well huawei did infact not care that it can't hold more than 2 points.

Also do you need more than 2 points, why not ask before buying :-)

Also multitouch is = more than 1 point read :-P and no there is no "hacks" to force a digitizer to read more than what it can.

Guest darkado

multitouch is not 2 touch points. hw is capable of more than 2, that's for sure. and finaly there ARE hacks for various other phones that let them use more than 2 touch points. anyway, i need it for emulators cause i got tired of carrying my psp everywhere to play emulators but i guess it can't be helped.

Guest Cirno

multitouch is not 2 touch points. hw is capable of more than 2, that's for sure. and finaly there ARE hacks for various other phones that let them use more than 2 touch points. anyway, i need it for emulators cause i got tired of carrying my psp everywhere to play emulators but i guess it can't be helped.

YO BRAH U CAN INTO COMPUTAH ?

Well enough with this stupidity, there is no "hacks" to force hardware to do the impossible. Bear in mind that other phones have locked "digitizer" readers, the "hacks" just enable more reading, not that it will be efficient or so.

Did you know Samsung Galaxy S II can reach 29 points, but only 10 are enabled. Anyhow I am sorry for your sake that you need more touch points for using emulator, you should have gotten yourself a Xperia Play ! :-)

Guest Cirno

and you know it's impossible, how exactly? display on xperia play is awful, but actually i did consider it.

How do I I know that it's impossible. Because hardware can't be altered by software. If you have a display with resolution of, 480x800 you can never "hack" it to become 1280x800, you can if you wish to play around with pixel density to get something similar but it will look stupid. Also the display on xperia play is better than U8800, it has a resolution of 480x854 also reading more into it they seem to use SLCD(Super LCD) rather than standard LCD. Well It's okay you could sell or demand refund for U8800 and change to another phone.

Guest darkado

How do I I know that it's impossible. Because hardware can't be altered by software. If you have a display with resolution of, 480x800 you can never "hack" it to become 1280x800, you can if you wish to play around with pixel density to get something similar but it will look stupid. Also the display on xperia play is better than U8800, it has a resolution of 480x854 also reading more into it they seem to use SLCD(Super LCD) rather than standard LCD. Well It's okay you could sell or demand refund for U8800 and change to another phone.

how do you know that u8800 hw supports only 2 touch points? no reviewers of u8800 had anything to really bad to say about the display but the xperia play ones had a field day with bad display comments.

Guest Cirno

how do you know that u8800 hw supports only 2 touch points? no reviewers of u8800 had anything to really bad to say about the display but the xperia play ones had a field day with bad display comments.

Ok, well I will sum this up, go unscrew your device, open it up check the name for the digitizer check it's specs you will have a sadface afterwards. And the reason most devs not bothering with "hacking" by that making a software mod to enable more readpoints is because it can't.

As well you had posted @xda about how good zte blade was. Myself I owned a zte blade I loved it but I had this problem.

And my phone died and I couldn't get refund. So now I own an U8800 and happy with it.

But don't get upset or sadden the phone is great really. Also about the xperia play, how can you trust reviewers; When they "love" iphone for no specific reason more or less than stupid reasons and saying "retiana" or whatever screen they have is epic. While most reviewers don't know that retiana or whatever is just a standard, SLCD with higher pixel density and high resolution. Anyhow I seen both phone in front of me and tried them both as my friend in real life owns xperia play. The screen has more "vibrant" colors, works better under sunshine and the black is blacker than my black :/

It uses a LCD with LED backlight, feels better than a LCD with TFT :(

Guest darkado

retina is supposed to be ips panel, and it's good but not out of this world good i like lg ips screen phone screens better. Only thing retina uas going for it is great resolution on 3.5 inch screen. Xperia play screen is just not good enough, i shold have probably said it but i fiddled with it for a bit, didn't compare it to x5 though but i never expected anything wow for half the price and i must say, x5 is better than decent and next huawei models will probably be even cheaper seeing tha sgs1 cost only little more than x5.