I want ROM manager to work fully on the S2

Guest Androidlover287

Guest Androidlover287

The thing i don't like about CF-root, is and this may be my fault, It freezes some of my rooted apps that freeze bloatware (Easy Freezy) and it also removes the custom recovery by it's self

When i go into the app and click reboot recovery, it boot into Android system recovery.

I then have to reflash in order to get ClockworkMod back.

Does NOT freeze some rooted apps like Easy Freezy and Adfree like CF root does for some reason.

Help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Guest diamondgar

ROM Manager is working well on my SGS2 with CM7 installed. I think it might be ROM dependent which version of CWM is installed, i have version 4.0.0.2 and it works with ROM manager. But other versions dont work.

Im certainly no expert on these things but it is possilble to get it working. Not sure if there is any way to get it working with Stock Roms or not since i have no interest in going back to stock from CM7 now its fairly stable.

Guest Androidlover287

ROM Manager is working well on my SGS2 with CM7 installed. I think it might be ROM dependent which version of CWM is installed, i have version 4.0.0.2 and it works with ROM manager. But other versions dont work.

Im certainly no expert on these things but it is possilble to get it working. Not sure if there is any way to get it working with Stock Roms or not since i have no interest in going back to stock from CM7 now its fairly stable.

Does CM7 include google apps?

Guest Pakatus

The thing i don't like about CF-root, is and this may be my fault, It freezes some of my rooted apps that freeze bloatware (Easy Freezy) and it also removes the custom recovery by it's self

When i go into the app and click reboot recovery, it boot into Android system recovery.

Does NOT freeze some rooted apps like Easy Freezy and Adfree like CF root does for some reason.

Thanks.

This is alone a kernel issue.

You have to use a kernel that supports CWM, and then use a rom that is supported on that kernel. Just like finding the right combo ;)

Those kernels actually exist(drop a eyesight over XDA)...or you could wait for MCR...i'm sure that Paul won't disappoint us all :)

Guest Androidlover287

This is alone a kernel issue.

You have to use a kernel that supports CWM, and then use a rom that is supported on that kernel. Just like finding the right combo ;)

Those kernels actually exist(drop a eyesight over XDA)...or you could wait for MCR...i'm sure that Paul won't disappoint us all :)

i ued CWM to flash cynogen Experimental build and it didn't boot :(,

i only tried this because it was reported to work

(Yes i had a ZTE blade, so i do know how to flash roms properly)

I just suppose i'll had to wait...Stock rooted rom is good enough for me....for now :)

Thanks for your help.

Guest stoney1973

Thanks.

So exactly which rom/kernel have you got installed? I've flashed most of the roms/kernels available on xda, and not had the problems you have, neither have I seen anyone else post anything similar on xda.

Rom manager works fine with sgs2, I use it to flash CM nightlies, had no problems. Once you have flashed the first CM7 nightly the 'hard way', as per instructions on cm thread at xda, then you can flash the nightlies using Rom manager.

I run CM7 on my sgs2, I have got villainrom 2.4.2 running on my wifes Sgs2.

It sounds to me like you have flashed cf-root, then flashed a stock kernel to get rid of the yellow triangle, done it wrong, and therefore lost clockwork recovery/root.

Just remember, rom manager is a 'fake flash recovery', it require your phone to be pre-rooted. It will not root your phone for you. To root, you have to use an insecure kernel and superoneclick, or a cf-root kernel.

Edited by stoney1973

Guest Androidlover287

So exactly which rom/kernel have you got installed? I've flashed most of the roms/kernels available on xda, and not had the problems you have, neither have I seen anyone else post anything similar on xda.

Rom manager works fine with sgs2, I use it to flash CM nightlies, had no problems. Once you have flashed the first CM7 nightly the 'hard way', as per instructions on cm thread at xda, then you can flash the nightlies using Rom manager.

I run CM7 on my sgs2, I have got villainrom 2.4.2 running on my wifes Sgs2.

It sounds to me like you have flashed cf-root, then flashed a stock kernel to get rid of the yellow triangle, done it wrong, and therefore lost clockwork recovery/root.

Just remember, rom manager is a 'fake flash recovery', it require your phone to be pre-rooted. It will not root your phone for you. To root, you have to use an insecure kernel and superoneclick, or a cf-root kernel.

I now have paul's Non-kitchen rom on my phone (I downloaded it before i bought ad-free :)) i will try it again as it comes with CF-root on it.

(Yes my phone was Pre-rooted, and yes i do realize my mistakes)

Thank you.

Guest diamondgar

I now have paul's Non-kitchen rom on my phone (I downloaded it before i bought ad-free :)) i will try it again as it comes with CF-root on it.

(Yes my phone was Pre-rooted, and yes i do realize my mistakes)

Thank you.

Yeh, Pauls Rom uses CF-Root so it isnt compatible with ROM Manager. However, its really not a big deal you just need to boot into recovery using the app and install new roms in ClockworkMod. If you really want ROM manager then find a rom that uses a compatible kernel, i think cognition does if i remeber correctly or CM7 whcih i am using, flash that from recovery and then you can use ROM manager from then on.

However, i really dont see the need for ROM manager. Yes it can make things slightly quicker, but it often doesnt work quite right so its best just to flash from the recovery anyway. It is generally a little safer.

Guest Androidlover287

Yeh, Pauls Rom uses CF-Root so it isnt compatible with ROM Manager. However, its really not a big deal you just need to boot into recovery using the app and install new roms in ClockworkMod. If you really want ROM manager then find a rom that uses a compatible kernel, i think cognition does if i remeber correctly or CM7 whcih i am using, flash that from recovery and then you can use ROM manager from then on.

However, i really dont see the need for ROM manager. Yes it can make things slightly quicker, but it often doesnt work quite right so its best just to flash from the recovery anyway. It is generally a little safer.

I don't really care if it doesn't work, i just liked the auto update feature for the ROMS