4pda rom 2.3.4 mooncake v1.88 gen1

Guest Racerboy

Guest pilotdude647

have you installed gapps? and which version, was it from the 4pda ROMS thread 1st post?some people have had problems with the latest version 08/15 signed version, so try this version 4pda ROMS thread HERE at the bottom!

I have formatted everything following the instruction, flased the #164 update, kernal and gapps but i still can't add a google account.

Sorry about the repeated question

Edited by pilotdude647

Guest Racerboy

ok, so you`ve install #167 ROM from the link i give you and followed the instructions to the letter? then you`ve installed gapps on same post through clockwork recovery after installing ROM #167? it should give you setup wizard for market where you sign in with existing account, skip or create new account.

Latest version of the 4pda rom is #179 which be downloaded HERE, follow these instructions to the letter HERE, install gapps AFTER you`ve flashed new rom, then setup wizard should start for you to sign in

Edited by Racerboy

Guest pilotdude647

ok, so you`ve install #167 ROM from the link i give you and followed the instructions to the letter? then you`ve installed gapps on same post through clockwork recovery after installing ROM #167? it should give you setup wizard for market where you sign in with existing account, skip or create new account.

Latest version of the 4pda rom is #179 which be downloaded HERE, follow these instructions to the letter HERE, install gapps AFTER you`ve flashed new rom, then setup wizard should start for you to sign in

It still didn't work. i'm installing gapps straight after flasjing the rom. should i flash the rom start the phone then re-enter recovery and flash gapps?

Guest Racerboy

ok reboot into CWM and install gapps again, if the setup wizard dont start then try this vending.apk HERE copy to sdcard and install through file manager see if it installs properly, post back asap !!! if fails we can try another vending.apk i have

Guest pilotdude647

ok reboot into CWM and install gapps again, if the setup wizard dont start then try this vending.apk HERE copy to sdcard and install through file manager see if it installs properly, post back asap !!! if fails we can try another vending.apk i have

I've installed the vending.apk you provided, but it still won't work. market crashes everytime i try to open, which i assume is because of no account. i go to settings, accounts, add account, but there is no google/gmail option, only exchange.

Guest Racerboy

ok reboot your phone and delete the vending.apk off your sdcard and download this 1 HERE copy to sdcard and install through file manager.....

also go into CWM and delete dalvik cache on advanced menu then reboot

another question what version of CWM have you got installed?

Edited by Racerboy

Guest pilotdude647

ok reboot your phone and delete the vending.apk off your sdcard and download this 1 HERE copy to sdcard and install through file manager.....

also go into CWM and delete dalvik cache on advanced menu then reboot

another question what version of CWM have you got installed?

I unistalled the original vending.apk, installed the new one and rebooted. i open market and it said i need to add account would you like to create one now. i clicked yes, it closed and nothing happened.

deleted dalvik cache no effect

I have RA-mooncake-v2.3

Edited by pilotdude647

Guest Racerboy

did you read my edited post ?

EDIT: ok try this version gapps gb full 20110630 signed.zip HERE copy to sdcard, reboot go into recovery and delete dalvik cache then install gapps, fingers crossed :)

btw is your phone the Telstra T3020 ?

Edited by Racerboy

Guest pilotdude647

did you read my edited post ?

EDIT: ok try this version gapps gb full 20110630 signed.zip HERE copy to sdcard, reboot go into recovery and delete dalvik cache then install gapps, fingers crossed :)

btw is your phone the Telstra T3020 ?

Still no luck.

Yes it is Telstra T3020/Smart Touch

Guest Racerboy

Still no luck.

Yes it is Telstra T3020/Smart Touch

ok with that many gapps that have been installed now i would do a full wipe of phone, i dont know what RA recovery options are but check around and make sure all is clean as per 1st post instructions, install rom, reboot, reboot again into recovery and install gapps gb full 20110630 signed.zip in my last post above, theres been alot of AU guys/gals with same problem with gapps, most have been solved with the 1st post gapps but not in your case so we shall see, plz let us know what happens.....

Edited by Racerboy

Guest pilotdude647

ok with that many gapps that have been installed now i would do a full wipe of phone, i dont know what RA recovery options are but check around and make sure all is clean as per 1st post instructions, install rom, reboot, reboot again into recovery and install gapps gb full 20110630 signed.zip in my last post above, theres been alot of AU guys/gals with same problem with gapps, most have been solved with the 1st post gapps but not in your case so we shall see, plz let us know what happens.....

No luck.

would it make a difference if i used CWM instead of RA?

EDIT: I tried to use CWM but i can't select anything. what version do you use?

Edited by pilotdude647

Guest Racerboy

do you mean you`ve install cwm and its not working or you cant select things on the cwm menu ? turn off phone, wait 2 secs then press and hold vol- press power button whilst still holding vol-

key config should be :

vol+ moves up

vol- moves down

make call button, selects things

power button, goes back on whatever you was doing

i use cwm recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1

Edited by Racerboy

Guest pilotdude647

No luck with google. will have to manually download apps. (not a serious problem).

Now i can't connect to mobile data services. wifi works but not mobile data?

Guest Racerboy

No luck with google. will have to manually download apps. (not a serious problem).

Now i can't connect to mobile data services. wifi works but not mobile data?

is CWM working ok ? theres a pm for you

Guest Racerboy

I've installed CWM pressed Call btn but no effect. vol +, - work, end call btn hides menu and power does nothing

try rebooting into CWM, if your using 4.0.1.5 version for some reason AU versions of Racer have different key config, i think power button is select, install THIS version it will reset the key config, copy to sdcard, reboot into CWM, select install from .zip, choose .zip file and instll 4.0.1.4