Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest lordjubblydave

If so where ? How ? When ? How Much ?

I am having troubles finding somwhere.

which sucks because i have very quickly fallen out of love with my San Fran, but i still have to use it :(

Edited by lordjubblydave

Guest rjm2k

On the blade the unlock algorithm was hidden in the framework so maybe it's there in the MC too when someone manages to dump it and reverse engineer the framework.

Guest putbinoot

I have paid for an unlock code.

If it works I will post the web address.

It was only £3 something

Interesting keep us posted, also let us know the site if it does not work so we can keep clear.

Guest lordjubblydave

They Emailed saying it was not in their Automated Data Base and i had to Re-confirm my imei so they could create one manually.

They said they would get back to me within 24hours so i should know either way by 8am tomorrow UK time

Guest putbinoot

They Emailed saying it was not in their Automated Data Base and i had to Re-confirm my imei so they could create one manually.

They said they would get back to me within 24hours so i should know either way by 8am tomorrow UK time

sounds like you might be getting a refund although i hope not. Orange pay as you go is not as cheap as giffgaff.

Guest sej7278

On the blade the unlock algorithm was hidden in the framework so maybe it's there in the MC too when someone manages to dump it and reverse engineer the framework.

i had a quick poke around.....

unzip backup.zip

cd backup/2011-08-09.16.39.56

unyaffs system.img

cd app

java -jar baksmali.jar -d ../framework -x Phone.odex -o phone

cd phone/com/android/phone/

egrep -i '(sim|network)_unlock' *
but not being familiar with dalvik opcodes, the following means nothing to me:
R$bool.smali:.field public static final sim_network_unlock_allow_dismiss:I = 0x7f090001

R$layout.smali:.field public static final sim_unlock:I = 0x7f030020

R$string.smali:.field public static final enter_network_unlock_code:I = 0x7f0c030f

R$string.smali:.field public static final label_network_unlock_titile:I = 0x7f0c030e

R$string.smali:.field public static final requesting_sim_unlock:I = 0x7f0c0072

R$string.smali:.field public static final sim_unlock_dismiss_text:I = 0x7f0c01a0

R$string.smali:.field public static final sim_unlock_failed:I = 0x7f0c007d

R$string.smali:.field public static final sim_unlock_status_text:I = 0x7f0c01a2

R$string.smali:.field public static final sim_unlock_success:I = 0x7f0c0088

R$string.smali:.field public static final sim_unlock_unlock_text:I = 0x7f0c01a1

there's no reference to md5 digests like with the blade.

The zte blade unlock calculator site replied back to my query that they don't support this model.

Was the situation with OSF similar when it was released? I bought mine in October after Paul's review and at that time the unlocking links were already pinned on the forum.

No Joy, using www.unlock-hub.co.UK :(

Guest FelixL

Just for reference:

sej7278: Maybe I can help, don't own a Skate, but had some luck with reverse engineering dalvik and .apks. Can you upload the Phone.apk (deodexed) or your baksmalied files as a .zip so I don't have to load the hole ROM?

I'll start downloading the hole ROM now, but may take some time.

Guest sej7278

Just for reference:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1531842

sej7278: Maybe I can help, don't own a Skate, but had some luck with reverse engineering dalvik and .apks. Can you upload the Phone.apk (deodexed) or your baksmalied files as a .zip so I don't have to load the hole ROM?

I'll start downloading the hole ROM now, but may take some time.

here's the backsmali'ed bits of com.android.phone

phone_baksmali.zip

Guest nash1977

This is why France has not been able to release the phone (SFR Staraddict), even though ZTE stated a July release.

In France, customers can request an unlocked from their operator at any time. ZTE obviously does not want the unlock codes to be released, as this will damage the sales of the sim free mobiles due out soon.

Guest sej7278

This is why France has not been able to release the phone (SFR Staraddict), even though ZTE stated a July release.

In France, customers can request an unlocked from their operator at any time. ZTE obviously does not want the unlock codes to be released, as this will damage the sales of the sim free mobiles due out soon.

looking at it the SFR Staraddict will just be an unbranded and factory unlocked ZTE Skate, so probably a lot more expensive than the branded/locked Orange Monte Carlo, unless they subsidise it on contract only or something.

then again, SFR do do some crazy deals - i remember getting 3 days of 3g for free (after rebate) a while back, given that French data plans seem to start at a million euros for 100mb/month, that's pretty good :D