Orange Monte Carlo unboxing

Guest Simon O

Sexy, if I do say so myself. I would have liked him to hold it next to a blade though, give a better idea of the difference (note to Paul, do this :P ).

Just a shame that it has the tired old 800Mhz workhorse inside :(

Guest causeway

The charge port on my nexus one has just gone kaput, so I'm going to go look for one of these tomorrow. I tried the local orange shop today as i wanted to do an unboxing myself(!!) but they don't have their stock yet.

The lady in the shop said i'll also get the 20 quid NHS discount which makes the price much more palatable (hope i can sell the credit/sim too). Hopefully some of the DEVs can get a stock rom out quicksharp. The unbranded ZTE's from clove etc will be hitting the market soon too, it looks very stock here.

The 4.3 inch screen makes this almost useable as a tablet for me (apart from lacking flash for Tinyshark etc), my eyesight will probably be buggered in no time... aw well!

Root (done!) -- Decrapify -- Unlock -- Cyanogen port -- Get flash running to some extent -- ?? -- profit? :D

I like that some of the older (i mean more established, obviously) crowd that i remember helping me with my tmob pulse are already posting here, there are good times ahead!

Guest causeway

Just a shame that it has the tired old 800Mhz workhorse inside :(

Seems nice and quick enough for my needs, I'm more interested in how the battery life is, i'm betting that LCD backlight is going to be really hungry! Performance wise it shouldn't be far off my nexus one seeing as it has the same GPU and fabrication process.

Guest liamdunn

"After you buy, it's not bye-bye" well that's not technically true as once any of us have said bye its bye for good from the network at least, until something goes wrong then its back to give a few lies to get it replaced then its bye-bye again :lol::P

Guest NeostarNeko

Seems like a really good and usable phone, shame the only thing it's got going for it is...the large screen...and the fanboys :P

Guest todoleo

I'm going hunting for one in Edinburgh tomorrow as I have a day off. As soon as I have it I'll do all the geeky unboxing and see if I can do a ROM dump too.

Guest sej7278

i can't believe how it just seems to be a larger screened blade with a faster processor and newer android.

i mean the box contents = identical, phone casing (location of usb, camera, speaker, jack, thumbhole.....) = identical, crappy hardware buttons = identical

epic fail zte, i definitely won't be buying one after seeing this video.

Guest Picazsoo

The 4.3 inch screen makes this almost useable as a tablet for me (apart from lacking flash for Tinyshark etc), my eyesight will probably be buggered in no time... aw well!

Tinyshark works fine with the modified flash for ARMv6...