291 replies to this topic

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Devices:None :(

Johnny hung's “TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge.rar” is offline, does anyone still have it? He uploaded a second version on page 9 with the WIFI fix inside, but the megaupload site says its temporarily unavailable.

Can someone please upload it again. Not the one on page 8, the new version on page 9.

Thanks

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

jojozep

jojozep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:OMC
  • Devices:OMC
I've just managed to Unlock my OMC after quite a battle with Drivers.
My next goal is to install the ZTE Stock ROM GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04

The way I understand it you need to have ClockWork installed and have found reference to TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge. From this package I would need to run

* Install_CWM_recovery.bat then
* install _Android2.3.4_root.bat (as I now have Orange 2.3.4).

Could someone conform these steps and suggest the next steps towards installing ZTE Stock ROM GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.

Thanks

jojozep

jojozep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I'm confused - I still have original Orange (I've just unlocked so far). In Post #1 its stated:

* Superboot for OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 24866507d5b2819a2369f69a5783882d

Do I use the above ? or do I root using TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge and use ONLY run Install_CWM_recovery.bat (and leave out step Install _Android2.3.4_root.bat). Then run Superboot for OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 - DOWNLOAD

Thanks

Edited by jojozep, 30 December 2011 - 10:56 PM.

jcmyall

jcmyall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

I'm confused - I still have original Orange (I've just unlocked so far). In Post #1 its stated:

* Superboot for OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 24866507d5b2819a2369f69a5783882d

Do I use the above ? or do I root using TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge and use ONLY run Install_CWM_recovery.bat (and leave out step Install _Android2.3.4_root.bat). Then run Superboot for OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 - DOWNLOAD

Thanks

If you want to install ZTE's Skate stock rom (on Android 2.3.5) and you don't have Clockwork Mod installed already you'll need to install Clockwork mod, flash the rom, then run the Install_Android2.3.5_root.bat file.

While it's not suggested in the guides here, it is best to then reflash the original boot.img back to the phone. You will still have root and you'll keep all your Superuser settings/su binary updates after you turn the phone off.

jojozep

jojozep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

If you want to install ZTE's Skate stock rom (on Android 2.3.5) and you don't have Clockwork Mod installed already you'll need to install Clockwork mod, flash the rom, then run the Install_Android2.3.5_root.bat file.

While it's not suggested in the guides here, it is best to then reflash the original boot.img back to the phone. You will still have root and you'll keep all your Superuser settings/su binary updates after you turn the phone off.

Thanks jcmyall

So if I understand you well to upgrade from original Orange 2.3.4 to ZTE Stock that is at 2.3.5 I need to do the following:

* Download TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge
* Download the ZTE Stock ROM
* Install Clockwork Mod (from TWM_F_T3_R_P)
* Flash the ZTE Stock ROM (by placing ZIP file onto SD card ???)
* Run Install_Android2.3.5_root.bat (from TWM_F_T3_R_P) - presumably as ZTE ROM is 2.3.5

You mention to reflash the original boot.img. Where can I get the BOOT.IMG file and how is it flashed.

I think I'm in the wrong thread. Is there another more applicable thread.

Thanks again.

jcmyall

jcmyall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Thanks jcmyall

So if I understand you well to upgrade from original Orange 2.3.4 to ZTE Stock that is at 2.3.5 I need to do the following:

* Download TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge
* Download the ZTE Stock ROM
* Install Clockwork Mod (from TWM_F_T3_R_P)
* Flash the ZTE Stock ROM (by placing ZIP file onto SD card ???)
* Run Install_Android2.3.5_root.bat (from TWM_F_T3_R_P) - presumably as ZTE ROM is 2.3.5

You mention to reflash the original boot.img. Where can I get the BOOT.IMG file and how is it flashed.

I think I'm in the wrong thread. Is there another more applicable thread.

Thanks again.

If you're downloading the stock rom from the stock rom sticky thread, you'll have to convert it to a compatible image.bin format using THIS tool, which you would then place in a folder on your SD card called "image". You then turn the phone off and turn it back on again while holding VOLUME UP and MENU.

That will perform a tpt (Total Phone Transfer) and it will restart with the ZTE stock rom.

When you go to convert the file to "image.bin" have a look inside that folder, there will be a boot.img file in there. It might simply just show "boot" for you. Copy this somewhere.
For ease of use, download the link on the opening post. Extract it, and go into it and right click on "install-superboot-windows" and select edit. Delete the one word "superboot" and one of the full stops. Save this and then drop the boot.img you copied earlier into the same folder. Now run the new script and it should copy the original boot.img over.

The script you edited should now look like this:
adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader 
fastboot-windows.exe flash boot boot.img
fastboot-windows.exe reboot

Windows will put it on one line. so don't worry about the spacing.

jojozep

jojozep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

If you're downloading the stock rom from the stock rom sticky thread, you'll have to convert it to a compatible image.bin format using THIS tool, which you would then place in a folder on your SD card called "image". You then turn the phone off and turn it back on again while holding VOLUME UP and MENU.

That will perform a tpt (Total Phone Transfer) and it will restart with the ZTE stock rom.

When you go to convert the file to "image.bin" have a look inside that folder, there will be a boot.img file in there. It might simply just show "boot" for you. Copy this somewhere.
For ease of use, download the link on the opening post. Extract it, and go into it and right click on "install-superboot-windows" and select edit. Delete the one word "superboot" and one of the full stops. Save this and then drop the boot.img you copied earlier into the same folder. Now run the new script and it should copy the original boot.img over.

The script you edited should now look like this:

adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader 
fastboot-windows.exe flash boot boot.img
fastboot-windows.exe reboot

Windows will put it on one line. so don't worry about the spacing.

Thanks JCMYALL. Will give it a go. Will play about with theGen2_TPT.zip tool offline to get to know it. BTW the Gen2_TPT.zip is meant for ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco - is it compatible with Orange Monte Carlo ?

Edited by jojozep, 31 December 2011 - 03:33 PM.

secretman_z

secretman_z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hey i did the superboot ,but my phone is still the same , i mean im really new at this , what are the options of having a superboot ? is it the same as a custom rom or can you overclock and play ad free games ?

cheerz

subzer0wbb

subzer0wbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:SGS3, OSD
thanks, got it rooted and removed the annoying orange bloatware with a new rom

curii

curii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
Hi,

when I was doing this for root access, my rebooted and now it doesn't get past the android letters after the green logo, any help?

MadeInMachines

MadeInMachines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate
Trying to install superboot as in the instructions but In terminal I get the error: No such file or directory. How do i 'Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files'?

Thanks

Edited by MadeInMachines, 11 January 2012 - 12:56 PM.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Trying to install superboot as in the instructions but In terminal I get the error: No such file or directory. How do i 'Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files'?

Thanks

Just follow my tutorial :)

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

MadeInMachines

MadeInMachines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Just follow my tutorial :)

I saw that one. Looks pretty comprehensive but I don't have windows unfortunately.

MadeInMachines

MadeInMachines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Any tips for doing this on osx? My phone has been clogged up since I got It. How do I stop apps trying to update? I just have no space - stupid to give so little on a phone like this

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Any tips for doing this on osx? My phone has been clogged up since I got It. How do I stop apps trying to update? I just have no space - stupid to give so little on a phone like this

These links might help: http://www.droidforu...ur-droid-x.html

http://www.xda-devel...ing-adb-in-osx/

If you get ADB working you can flash clockworkmod recovery, then i can give you can flash a other ROM or i can give you a package that you can flash trough clockworkmod for root access.

Cant you do it on a friends computer?

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 16 January 2012 - 02:42 PM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

MadeInMachines

MadeInMachines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
This tutorial bricked my phone - managed to recover thanks to the flashing partitions through fastboot.

9b) http://android.modac...-for-beginners/

Edited by MadeInMachines, 27 January 2012 - 01:22 AM.

carpon

carpon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
after running the install-superboot-windows.bat my phone keeps stands on the android photo and on on windows it say " waiting for device "

this my Device manager before running the install-superboot-windows.bat

Posted Image

and this after running install-superboot-windows.bat

Posted Image

any help ?

murkan

murkan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:none
i need root for v1.00B03 where can i find it???

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5

after running the install-superboot-windows.bat my phone keeps stands on the android photo and on on windows it say " waiting for device "

any help ?

http://android.modac...ost__p__1892809

The part "If phone is stayng at green android logo..." should help

Edited by C3C0, 11 March 2012 - 07:43 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Danky

Danky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
  • Twitter:@dankyp
Absolutely brilliant! Within 20 minutes of collecting my new Orange Monte Carlo, it was rooted and all the Orange dross removed! Many thanks indeed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users