garym123

garym123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:orange monte carlo
  • Twitter:@steamheadz
hey everybody gazza here,just got omc phone today 1st ever android phone,ive just done that superboot root access thing and now wondering what do i do now lol,got that superuser thing on screen and wot do i do with that,sorry for if sound a bit stupid Posted Image but new to all of this,do i need to install some other software now cheers

philmein

philmein

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:E-Cigs
    expensive hobby
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo zte blade

hey everybody gazza here,just got omc phone today 1st ever android phone,ive just done that superboot root access thing and now wondering what do i do now lol,got that superuser thing on screen and wot do i do with that,sorry for if sound a bit stupid Posted Image but new to all of this,do i need to install some other software now cheers

your next step would be to install clockworkmod ( same way as you installed superboot) then you can put a rom on

garym123

garym123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

your next step would be to install clockworkmod ( same way as you installed superboot) then you can put a rom on

right thanks for that ive put that on now just waiting for a rom to put on but dont know what :blink:

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Z3 Compact

same here on windows xp. installed drivers when phone plugged in but also asks for drivers while waiting for device. anybody got a link to a driver that worked.

you can get them from the android sdk here http://developer.and.../sdk/index.html download the .zip extract it to desk top (easier to find) then run the sdk manager .exe

cancel the choose packages to install pop up.

click on available packages then open third party tab then the google inc tab then select google usb driver package.
then press install selected.

when its finished the drivers will be in the folder where you extracted the android sdk

under--> android-sdk-windows /extras /google /usb_driver

let me know if you need help how to install them for your phone.

Edited by tillaz, 17 August 2011 - 09:05 PM.

garym123

garym123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
would it be wise for a 1st time rooter to put CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 on now or wait till a later date?and you metioned roms which are best for this omc phone and where to find them on this site,thanks again :D

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150

would it be wise for a 1st time rooter to put CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 on now or wait till a later date?and you metioned roms which are best for this omc phone and where to find them on this site,thanks again :D

It depends on whether you need WiFi and bluetooth or not - if you don't then it's a good idea to use it as it boost performance and opens up a lot of settings to tweak.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

garym123

garym123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
well i use wi-fi a lot so i think ill wait till they fix that which wont take long by the speed these guys work on here B) -

It depends on whether you need WiFi and bluetooth or not - if you don't then it's a good idea to use it as it boost performance and opens up a lot of settings to tweak.

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Jiayu G3.

you can get them from the android sdk here http://developer.and.../sdk/index.html download the .zip extract it to desk top (easier to find) then run the sdk manager .exe

click on available packages then open third party tab then the google inc tab then tick google usb driver package box

when its finished the drivers will be in the folder where you extracted the android sdk

thanks for offer will try again tomorrow.

Posted Image

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

did you do it using windows mac or Linux.

Posted Image

garym123

garym123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
i did it using windows 7

did you do it using windows mac or Linux.

garym123

garym123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
oh another question,like on the iphone when u jailbreak that has android got things like installous and cydia and themes like winterboard :D

gitf@ce

gitf@ce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Devices:Skate - Streak - Transformer
Tried using an XP machine and Win7, no go! When the drivers are installed off the phone and the phone is connected (with USB debugging on), a new Handset ADB interface is listed in device manager. As soon as I run install-superboot-windows.bat the phone vibes, green android man appears and nothing happens. If I check device manager again the hanset ADB interface is missing, and a generic Android Device appears further down the list (with yellow !). Win7 also asked for another driver at this point.

Is there another way we can install this without having to use a computer?

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

click on available packages then open third party tab then the google inc tab then select google usb driver package.

Already had them installed using the sdk manager version 4 also the handsent drivers but it still did nothing and now it does not recognise phone when plugged in as anything other than a storage device tryed on another xp machine also by copying the usb_driver folder over to it so i could point to it when asked to instal drivers again but it said your device has not been installed so stumped really.

Posted Image

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Z3 Compact
this is how i got it to work using vista

make sure usb debugging is turned on.

follow the superboot guide until you get to the point where it says waiting for device and phone stops at green android logo.

now press start & right click on my computer or computer witch ever yours says then click manage.

then select device manager.

now under other devices it should say androidphone double click the androidphone then the driver tab & open update driver.

select browse my computer for driver software.

use the browse for driver software to direct it to the usb_driver folder from the android sdk.

then underneath click let me pick from a list of driver devices on my computer.

the box will be empty so press have disc.

now select the drive you have the android sdk installed on for me it woz C:\

now direct it threw the android sdk to the usb_driver folder.

for me it woz ----> android-sdk-windows / extras / google / usb_driver

open the usb_driver folder & select the android_winusb.inf press ok then next.

windows will give some warning saying if you want to proceed just ignore it & press yes and install.

now there might be two androidphone devices in device manager (one under the other) disable the one that has the yellow triangle next to it by right clicking then pressing disable.

soon as you do that the process should continue and the phone will reboot after a minute or two and should be rooted.

if not run the superboot process again and it should work.

NOTE: i uninstalled the - handset_usb_driver.exe - that is installed from the phone before starting.
when you plug the phone in and it pops up to reinstall the .exe just close it.

when your rooted & have clockwork you can reinstall them.

also since you have unlinstalled the handset usb drivers your phone might be mounted as
the drivers disc if so right click and eject.

hope this helps solve your problem it did for mePosted Image

Edited by tillaz, 29 August 2011 - 03:32 PM.

gitf@ce

gitf@ce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Thanks Tillaz for the info. Doesn't work for me though. Tried every which way and I cannot install the Google drivers (XP). I just get "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware" message.

Reminds me of all the hassle we had with the Advent Vega drivers (only worse).

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
you could just leave it plugged in to usb cable .and try doing it without drivers installed.
1. just run adb -windows
2. fastboot-windows
3.install-superboot-windows

reason i did this was i installed a gen2 clockwork to test and though id bricked it. this helped me get it back working.

hope this helps you .

gitf@ce

gitf@ce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

you could just leave it plugged in to usb cable .and try doing it without drivers installed.
1. just run adb -windows
2. fastboot-windows
3.install-superboot-windows

reason i did this was i installed a gen2 clockwork to test and though id bricked it. this helped me get it back working.

hope this helps you .

Tried all that no go! 1 and 2 just ask for options and switches, 3 doesn't find any device and then waits for it?

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
are you on stock rom .have you tried custom rom .it will detect your device.you can always restore after it .
i did superboot on windows 7 .maybe you need to do that on win7

Edited by wrtease, 23 August 2011 - 11:24 AM.

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
this might work .switch phone of and hold volume down it will stay at green logo.then connect usb cable and do the three options i gave earlier worth a go.

gitf@ce

gitf@ce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
None of that works on XP. I'll try Win7 when I get home tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users