tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts
  • Interests:Space
  • Devices:Moto X

In "About" section, there's version 2.3.5.

now this is very very interesting......

is your phone brand new zte skate, not orange monte carlo ? .....

if so could you please make a new topic named >>>>> [HELP] FACTORY UNLOCKED ZTE SKATE SHIPPED WITH 2.3.5

spigot

spigot

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:HTC EVO 3D
Yes, it's brand new (4 days) original ZTE Skate :D
Ok. I'll make a new topic.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
FSC Loox N560 -> HTC Diamond 2 -> ZTE Skate -> HTC EVO 3D

iam_smithers

iam_smithers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:OMC, Orange San Diego
  • Twitter:@iam_smithers
I'm having a bit of a problem with getting the root to work. Perhaps it's me being a n00b but I've followed the guide in post 97 (I'm on Windows Vista) to the letter, but it just isn't working because the drivers wont install. I get the message up that "Windows encountered a problem installing driver software for your device" and it basically tells me that it won't install because installing the ADB interface timed out.

When I then try running install-windows-superboot.bat all that happens is that the command prompt window comes up and goes through to the < waiting for device > message. This is literally all that happens on either the drivers from the SDK or the default drivers from the phone, nothing at all happens on the phone itself (I checked beforehand and the device firmware is BO5, android 2.3.4). USB Debugging is enabled, and I uninstalled the default drivers before trying the ones from the SDK. It still wouldnt work after restarting my PC.
So, my question is, am I doing something wrong or not?

EDIT: Or do I need to install Clockwork mod before trying to root? Is that a stupid question?

Edited by iam_smithers, 02 October 2011 - 07:47 PM.

Orange Monte Carlo - Stock (refuses to root)
Orange San Diego

Previous phones: OSF, Samsung Jet, HTC Wildfire, Nokia N95, HTC S620, Motorola RAZR V3, Sharp GX10i, Nokia 3205, various other Nokias

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

EDIT: Or do I need to install Clockwork mod before trying to root? Is that a stupid question?

do I need to install Clockwork mod before trying to root >>>> NO

uninstall the handset drivers exe reboot then try manually installing the google usb drivers

iam_smithers

iam_smithers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

do I need to install Clockwork mod before trying to root >>>> NO

uninstall the handset drivers exe reboot then try manually installing the google usb drivers

That is what I've done, and the google drivers are now installed but it still isn't working. All I get is the < waiting for device > message, nothing else happens.

Orange San Diego

Previous phones: OSF, Samsung Jet, HTC Wildfire, Nokia N95, HTC S620, Motorola RAZR V3, Sharp GX10i, Nokia 3205, various other Nokias

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

That is what I've done, and the google drivers are now installed but it still isn't working. All I get is the < waiting for device > message, nothing else happens.

check your phone is not mounted as the drivers disk if so eject, & it should continue from waiting for device

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5

Will this rooting procedure work on OSK_P743TV1.0.0B04 ?

Is it safe to try? I have stock rom.

Thank you for reply in advance.

So I gave it a try after successfully making the backup of my stock ROM using ClockworkMod GUI (boot method).
Superboot flashed OK, phone has rebooted OK, but the Wifi stopped working :( So I reverted back to stock boot.
Anything else I can try?

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

So I gave it a try after successfully making the backup of my stock ROM using ClockworkMod GUI (boot method).
Superboot flashed OK, phone has rebooted OK, but the Wifi stopped working :( So I reverted back to stock boot.
Anything else I can try?

all the custom roms are rooted Posted Image

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Im thinking of trying one out (e.g. bluemonte). I suppose it'll be no problem to revert back to stock rom in case of any problems... Am I right?

Thanks.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

thfc5975

thfc5975

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9000/3GS/BB 9700
  • Twitter:@ratedr75
Do you think that there is any chance that someone can do a total noobs guide to doing this root. (its a damn site easier on my Incredible S lol)

Have tried pretty much every permitation that I feel confident in trying but cannot get past the waiting for device message.

Thanks.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
LOL I've just found out that my device is rooted. Probably, this happened when I tried to flash superboot. Since WiFi stopped working with new flashed boot I reverted back to stock boot.

But seems like superuser remained installed. I have discovered Superuser process running. So I downloaded terminal to try su and I got root shell (#). I am surprised... :-)

Root checker output
Congratulations! You have root access!
Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 2.3.6.3 is installed!
System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin
The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user
Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su: 
/system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su: 
-rwsr-xr-x root     root        26324 2011-10-04 18:00 su
Alternate su binary location: 
/sbin/su: Permission denied
Alternate su type binary location: 
/system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory
Root user id: 
uid=0(root)
Root group id:
gid=0(root)

Edited by C3C0, 05 October 2011 - 07:54 AM.

Johnny Hung

Johnny Hung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Please help to root the GB Android 2.3.5 !! Thank you so much~

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
please read ther post no root is available for this rom yet ,dont use the superboot as you will end up with it just looping at start.you have been warned.

Johnny Hung

Johnny Hung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

please read ther post no root is available for this rom yet ,dont use the superboot as you will end up with it just looping at start.you have been warned.

Yes, understand ! I had to install the clockwork mod recovery image, after flash the GB Android 2.3.5 !
so, I could return the Android 2.3.4 official ROM ! I have to tried flash the overclock kernel on this ROM, no problem ! but can't adjust the freq. because no root permissions!
if somebody want to try, I have backup with clockwork mod : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F6QTDTEO , it already include the clockwork mod recovery image .

philmein

philmein

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:E-Cigs
    expensive hobby
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo zte blade

Please help to root the GB Android 2.3.5 !! Thank you so much~

would it not be easier to downgrade to 2.3.4 with the tpt image and the root with this
maybe the phone needs to be a omc to use tpt tho ?

Edited by philmein, 05 October 2011 - 02:00 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

Im thinking of trying one out (e.g. bluemonte). I suppose it'll be no problem to revert back to stock rom in case of any problems... Am I right?

Thanks.

yes Posted Image

iam_smithers

iam_smithers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Do you think that there is any chance that someone can do a total noobs guide to doing this root. (its a damn site easier on my Incredible S lol)

Have tried pretty much every permitation that I feel confident in trying but cannot get past the waiting for device message.

Thanks.

Same here, tried everything I can think of but I just cannot get it to work. Are you using Windows Vista by any chance?

Orange San Diego

CyberSurfer

CyberSurfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:OSF OMC
Many thanks to OP for the info - finally managed to get it rooted.

I now have the choice of either (1) Just removing the Orange crapps with Antek or (2) Installing a custom ROM

What is the considered opinion on the pros/cons of keeping to the stock / flashing something different ?

Anyone got a list of all the crapps that can be removed without affecting functionality ?

Also - is the overclocking kernel a ggod idea - what sort of increase can you get ?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

LOL I've just found out that my device is rooted. Probably, this happened when I tried to flash superboot. Since WiFi stopped working with new flashed boot I reverted back to stock boot.

But seems like superuser remained installed. I have discovered Superuser process running.

(...)

(from: http://android.modac...ost__p__1823458)

My understaning is:

1) By flashing the superboot, the Superuser will be installed/activated in the system partition during reboot

2) By refleshing the stock boot, system partition remains untouched so root installed by superboot image will remain as is

...then, is there a way of completely "unrooting" a device (using stock backups)? :)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Exactly :-) Because if you do full reflash, you apply your stock system.img which is unrooted.

Edited by C3C0, 14 October 2011 - 05:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users