09 Aug: ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.4 (unofficial MoDaCo edition) for the ZTE Skate

Guest PaulOBrien

Here is my unofficial MoDaCo build of ClockworkMod for the ZTE Skate / aka Orange Monte Carlo.

You use this image at your own risk! Proceed with caution!

• ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.4 unofficial MoDaCo Edition - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 8550e90105f299d65c4022f61df70de6

The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing you to use 'adb remount' as well as having full ADB root access to your device.

How to install - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the zip file above and extract to a directory

- Ensure USB debugging is enabled in 'Settings -> Development' and that, if on Windows, you have installed any requested drivers

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat'

- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-recovery-mac.sh'

- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by 'sudo ./install-recovery-linux.sh'

That's it! Enjoy! ;)

You can reboot to recovery by issuing the 'adb reboot recovery' command or using a reboot utility from the Android Market.

P

• 3 weeks later...

I have both super user and clockwork installed, can I go back to factory fresh new state without clockwork/superroot....how is it done?

if you flash the stock rom it will remove root, as for clockwork.... not sure as its on the stock orange rom that is pinned.

unless its been updated with the original stock recovery....

Edited by tillaz

Guest dadashi

if you flash the stock rom it will remove root, as for clockwork.... not sure as its on the stock orange rom that is pinned.

unless its been updated with the original stock recovery....

is there an original stock without clockwork available?

im running 2.3.4 gingerbread with orange s*** and no flashed ROM...do I need Superboot first or?

some people had trouble using windows xp and vista, have a read threw the rooting guide that is pinned it should resolve your problem.

is there an original stock without clockwork available?

non i know of, you should be able to flash the orig recovery partion over clockworkmod, i think tilal6961 might of mentioned he had it in a other post & sabastion404.

Edited by tillaz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LadronZTE
post-932069-0-30802100-1316990979_thumb. What am i doing wrong ? Mac os - drivers ejected to trash, bugging enabled, cable connected.. any suggestions pls ? Edited by LadronZTE