Photo

09 Aug: ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.4 (unofficial MoDaCo edition) for the ZTE Skate

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Geeks Squad

Geeks Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei G510
Yes I got it sorted thanks all...Posted Image

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
glad to hear that .okay.

painkiller_93

painkiller_93

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus Black
This week I will receive my ZTE Skate from Movistar Spain. I'm wondering if I can follow this tutorial to install recovery and it will work with my phone or if it only works with orange montecarlo, as I don't want to brick my phone. If it won't work with my Skate, is there any other way do install recovery?

painkiller_93

painkiller_93

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus Black

This week I will receive my ZTE Skate from Movistar Spain. I'm wondering if I can follow this tutorial to install recovery and it will work with my phone or if it only works with orange montecarlo, as I don't want to brick my phone. If it won't work with my Skate, is there any other way do install recovery?

Today I received my Spanish Skate and I could root it and install recovery using this link:

Android 2.3.4 /2.3.5 root and recovery installation package : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7NKE5AR
I root the Taiwan mobile Android 2.3.5 ROM success !!
Please click the correct patch file for root your phone!!
Enjoy it!!!

Thanks Johnny Hung!

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
have you ejected it ,you must eject drive.then do the clockwork files

Nofan Tasi

Nofan Tasi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:G SII - M P4310 - M 99300
  • Twitter:@tasinofan
Thanks for the CWM recovery for Skate!

I am running Cyanogenmod now.

Question: is there any way to upgrade the recovery from 4.0.1.4 ?

(not that I need it, just curious)

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Devices:None :(
I noticed when i installed clockworkmod on a friends ZTE it looked blue, wile it looked orange on my phone. Then i noticed that my clockworkmod was updated to 4.0.1.5.

How could that have possiblely happened????

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

bob214

bob214

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:OSF and OMC

Here is my unofficial MoDaCo build of ClockworkMod for the ZTE Skate / aka Orange Monte Carlo.

You use this image at your own risk! Proceed with caution!

• ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.4 unofficial MoDaCo Edition - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 8550e90105f299d65c4022f61df70de6
The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing you to use 'adb remount' as well as having full ADB root access to your device.

How to install - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the zip file above and extract to a directory
- Ensure USB debugging is enabled in 'Settings -&gt; Development' and that, if on Windows, you have installed any requested drivers
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-recovery-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by 'sudo ./install-recovery-linux.sh'

That's it! Enjoy! ;)

You can reboot to recovery by issuing the 'adb reboot recovery' command or using a reboot utility from the Android Market.

P

There are a couple of errors here:
1) the zip file contains scripts called install-recovery-... and not install-superboot-...
2) running the script does not root the phone as stated.

A subsequent post says that it is necessary to install a different ROM in order to root the phone.
If this is so how does one root the original orange stuff?

I bought an OMC this morning and just want to root it.<br><br>&lt;br&gt;<br>EDIT:<br>&lt;br&gt;<br>I just found the superboot thread and it seems to do what I want.<br>It appears the post at the top of this thread was copied from the top post in the superboot thread but not completely changed as required.<br>

Edited by bob214, 29 November 2011 - 06:15 PM.

vdubster

vdubster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate/OMC
  • Twitter:@vdubster

There are a couple of errors here:
1) the zip file contains scripts called install-recovery-... and not install-superboot-...
2) running the script does not root the phone as stated.

A subsequent post says that it is necessary to install a different ROM in order to root the phone.
If this is so how does one root the original orange stuff?

I bought an OMC this morning and just want to root it.<br><br>&lt;br&gt;<br>EDIT:<br>&lt;br&gt;<br>I just found the superboot thread and it seems to do what I want.<br>It appears the post at the top of this thread was copied from the top post in the superboot thread but not completely changed as required.<br>

Your in the wrong thread if all you want is root.

This is the recovery thread so that answer both your questions

You want this thread My link

J

bob214

bob214

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Your in the wrong thread if all you want is root.

This is the recovery thread so that answer both your questions

You want this thread My link

J

If you read my post you will see that I said I had found the superboot thread, but I followed this one because it installs clockwork AND also claims to leave the phone rooted. But it doesn't - hence my post.

Nofan Tasi

Nofan Tasi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

I noticed when i installed clockworkmod on a friends ZTE it looked blue, wile it looked orange on my phone. Then i noticed that my clockworkmod was updated to 4.0.1.5.

How could that have possiblely happened????

that's kind of interesting ;-)

vdubster

vdubster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate/OMC
  • Twitter:@vdubster
I was looking for other Skate ROM's on Google as you do yesterday and found this site.

http://files.podtwo.com/recovery/

At the bottom it lists a clockworkmod with the build number of 4.0.1.5?

J

aldino

aldino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Argh! What am I doing wrong?!?!

I have got a brand new OMC on 2.3.4, and have successfully unlocked it using the method posted here http://android.modac...-tutorial-here/

Now all I want to do is install a custom ROM to get rid off all the Orange stuff...I decided on the Elitemovil Skate 2.3.5.

Soooo...I figure before I can install the ROM, I firstly need to install CWM Recovery...from this topic.

I have followed the (brief) instructions in the first post, but when I run the .bat file all that happens is it says waiting for device and the phone is stuck on the green android screen. Yes I have tried ejecting it from my PC first, as well as unmounting SD card. The drivers I have installed are the ones from the unlock thread. I have also downloaded the google usb drivers. When the phone is plugged in in Device Manager it had Android with a yellow ! under ADB...I tried to re install the drivers using the google drivers, but it said something like not compatible with x64...and now its not there anymore, but under Other Devices it just says 'unknown device'.

If anyone can please tell me exactly which drivers I need (win 7 64bit), I will try to uninstall all the ones I have installed and start fresh...

PS. I also tried rooting it first, but the exact same problem (stuck on waitin for device, green android) when running that .bat too.

/edit for further info....when the phone is plugged into my PC USB Mass storage mode works fine...when I flick it to USB debugging, in Device Manager under ADB Interface it shows 'Handset ADB Interface' with no errors so appears to be OK...why when I try to to root/Clockwork mod by double clicking .bat file it suddenly changes to Unknown Device under Other Devices?

EDIT/// pics with more info are in this post! http://android.modac...ost__p__1857082

Edited by aldino, 03 December 2011 - 02:57 AM.

Nofan Tasi

Nofan Tasi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Argh! What am I doing wrong?!?!

I have got a brand new OMC on 2.3.4, and have successfully unlocked it using the method posted here http://android.modac...-tutorial-here/

Now all I want to do is install a custom ROM to get rid off all the Orange stuff...I decided on the Elitemovil Skate 2.3.5.

Soooo...I figure before I can install the ROM, I firstly need to install CWM Recovery...from this topic.

I have followed the (brief) instructions in the first post, but when I run the .bat file all that happens is it says waiting for device and the phone is stuck on the green android screen. Yes I have tried ejecting it from my PC first, as well as unmounting SD card. The drivers I have installed are the ones from the unlock thread. I have also downloaded the google usb drivers. When the phone is plugged in in Device Manager it had Android with a yellow ! under ADB...I tried to re install the drivers using the google drivers, but it said something like not compatible with x64...and now its not there anymore, but under Other Devices it just says 'unknown device'.

If anyone can please tell me exactly which drivers I need (win 7 64bit), I will try to uninstall all the ones I have installed and start fresh...

PS. I also tried rooting it first, but the exact same problem (stuck on waitin for device, green android) when running that .bat too.

/edit for further info....when the phone is plugged into my PC USB Mass storage mode works fine...when I flick it to USB debugging, in Device Manager under ADB Interface it shows 'Handset ADB Interface' with no errors so appears to be OK...why when I try to to root/Clockwork mod by double clicking .bat file it suddenly changes to Unknown Device under Other Devices?

EDIT/// pics with more info are in this post! http://android.modac...ost__p__1857082

I seem to recall using the drivers that came with android sdk. You have to arrange for selecting the driver yourself (not windows) in the directory... Sorry for vague instructions but I recall I ran into something similar as you did (win7 64bit etc...)

aldino

aldino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

I seem to recall using the drivers that came with android sdk. You have to arrange for selecting the driver yourself (not windows) in the directory... Sorry for vague instructions but I recall I ran into something similar as you did (win7 64bit etc...)

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately thats what im trying, to use the android sdk driver but its not working :( If you remember specifically please let me know!

Nofan Tasi

Nofan Tasi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately thats what im trying, to use the android sdk driver but its not working :( If you remember specifically please let me know!

I think the point was to let windows give you a chance to choose the inf file itself (as opposed to a directory where it would look). However, I don't recall for sure.

bob214

bob214

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I think the point was to let windows give you a chance to choose the inf file itself (as opposed to a directory where it would look). However, I don't recall for sure.

It's probably worth pointing out that Linux has none of these driver problems.
Linux and Android work very well together.

aardys

aardys

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:zte skate
  • Twitter:@n/a

Im experiencing exactly the same issue as above. Am a newbie to all this. I've downloaded the file, saved to my desktop. I've connected the phone via my usb cable and then enabled debugging on the phone. Ive gone and double clicked on the "install recovery windows.dat" file and get the "waiting for device" message.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

yep same here , cant get past the ,,,waiting for devise
got debugging on etc

i duuno whay it wont work

nothing is simple is it :(

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7

yep same here , cant get past the ,,,waiting for devise
got debugging on etc

i duuno whay it wont work

nothing is simple is it :(

Read the third paragraph from the first post here...

http://android.modac...r-omczte-skate/

aardys

aardys

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:zte skate
  • Twitter:@n/a

Read the third paragraph from the first post here...

http://android.modac...r-omczte-skate/

did that , still dont work waiting for device , as usual
my phone came unlocked so i dunno if he changed the rom or not

maybe thats the prob , but just cant seen to root it or add clockwork

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users