Performance

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

So for the few of us that have one already how are you finding the performance so far? Any popular games you have played? Seeing Pauls second run Quadrant score was a little worrying as it is ridiculously low. Pretty sure my Defy can clock at least 1500 at stock speeds!

What about ways to improve the performance too? Once the source is out i'm sure we will be able to overclock it if only a little maybe 1ghz? Only know of the Galaxy Ace having the same cpu and can't find any overclocking info on that,

I'm dying for a bigger screened phone to tide me over until next Feb/March. :)

Guest Frankish

I know as you said in another thread :D

I can see me sticking to the Defy just I'm addicted to the feeling of a new device when all the development first starts! I'm sure you know what I mean Paul!

Guest ididmytime

I'm wondering if CM7 would make a bit of a difference or a huge difference!

It will make a HUGE difference, you should get a MC right now!!!! I'ts brand new!! Look at that big old screen!!

Have I fed your compulsiveness yet? :D

Guest ididmytime

In a nutshell the Monte Carlo in it's stock form sucks. Around 700 quadrant.. ffs

That is terrible, do you have your hands on one yet? Curious to see if the Blade bugs have been fixed.

Edited by ididmytime

Guest Frankish

It will make a HUGE difference, you should get a MC right now!!!! I'ts brand new!! Look at that big old screen!!

Have I fed your compulsiveness yet?

Not very nice of you now is it? Lol

Guest Simon O

It looks and feels cheap, am I the only one disappointed with how it turned out? Thank God I didn't buy one smile.gif

I am too and I had a play with an unbranded version last month which seemed a lot better! All the gunk that Orange have put onto the phone hasn't helped performance.. it's way too low.

This is not the upgrade people expected. A replacement for the Blade yes, but an upgrade.. no way.

Guest tilal6991

I think people are disappointed because of the high standards and the low price of the Blade. ZTE made a reputation but it hasn't managed to live up to it. If this was a phone made by another manufacturer or even by ZTE if they didn't release the Blade, people would have been all over it.

Guest Simon O

Well if we get rid of the Orange bloat then performance might improve.

That's the hope! Ideally we need a stock Gingerbread build from an unbranded device or somebody to build one from code aurora.

Or sort CM7 out.

Guest tilal6991

That's the hope! Ideally we need a stock Gingerbread build from an unbranded device or somebody to build one from code aurora.

Or sort CM7 out.

As soon as I get my phone, the CM7 challenge begins :)

Guest Pierreism

Are there any videos out there of a retail unit that shows off the performance? Torn between this + a 3DS or just a recent, expensive phone instead.

Guest tilal6991

Are there any videos out there of a retail unit that shows off the performance? Torn between this + a 3DS or just a recent, expensive phone instead.

The unboxing video does to a certain extent - it's on the forum page. I don't think there's one apart from that.

Guest AndyCr15

How would you want to see performance in a video though? In the unboxing mentioned I show the movement around homescreens and app drawer.

For the record I just scored high 900 in Quadrant, but only 300 in Smartbench 2011...

Initial looks at the camera aren't too impressive, but I'll cover that more in the review, which will hopefully be up over the weekend.

(Also, you can win it ;-) http://hemorrdroids.net/competition)

Guest Magnets

I think people are disappointed because of the high standards and the low price of the Blade. ZTE made a reputation but it hasn't managed to live up to it. If this was a phone made by another manufacturer or even by ZTE if they didn't release the Blade, people would have been all over it.

This is a really good point, the blade is such a great price.