I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom for the Samsung Galaxy S II! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to flash this ROM, you need ClockworkMod recovery installed. Once you have that, MCR is completely 'Odin Free' including the baseband flash. If you have yet to install ClockworkMod, you can find it (as part of CF-Root), in this topic.
The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe IS mandatory, but if you do encounter issues, please wipe and try again before reporting them here.
Features Included (many optional via the Online Kitchen)
- Based on the XXKH3 release
- Include a customised version of CF-Root
- Packaged for ClockworkMod
- Rebuilt using the MoDaCo MCR optimisation scripts
- Full up to date Google experience + additional apps (including new look Market)
- 'Stock Gingerbread' iconset
- 'Stock Gingerbread' versions of almost every app available
- HSPA icon differentiation ('H' icon when transferring data via HSPA)
- Connected icon differentiation (green when connected to Google services)
- 'CRT effect' on screen off
- Camera without battery limitations
- Ugly progress bar fix
- su / Superuser.apk root
- Semi-transparent notification pull-down
- Optional SIP over 3G
- Modified build.prop to show full Market catalogue
- sicopat's advanced power menu / battery percentage mod
- Options to mute many of the annoying system sounds
- Option to mute camera sounds
- De-odex Browser lag fix (thanks brightidea!)
- Bluetooth enhacements (thanks stevenz)
- Additional application stores
- Google Voice and Video talk
- SIP calling over 3G
- Many, MANY optional and additional apps in the kitchen
- Much much much more!
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it!
- Gr5 (default kitchen options - please view the kitchen to see what is selected by default) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: c8c8a4e2430aba95827695bca748c39a
- Gr5 (vanilla edition - Samsung apps replaced by Google stock equivalents, most Samsung added apps removed) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 575f9134a78e95de7a7f62292b283201
- Gr5 BLN patch (apply to either of the above ROMs to add BLN compatability) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 3797d788ae45a052517d53e7e4d2b291
- an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM.
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Future Updates - READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta releases and access to the the online kitchens.