The Skate goes on sale...

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Is anyone else the same...

Addicted to the excitement of a new device coming out, the first time it can be unlocked, the first custom recovery, the first custom roms. I never seem to be happy unless i'm running partially functioning software on my device such as when CM7 first gets ported and you have loads of bugs. Sure i could just install a stable rom but no i can't help myself.

I got my Tattoo and went through the whole goldcard thing...the first time it was rooted...

I got my Desire and went through the first root...first 2.2 rom...first s-off bootloader...had to run a Desire HD rom on it...

I got my ZTE Blade and i'm sure you all know of the milestones and the excitement with free unlocks...first root...gen 2 updates...cm7...2.3 leak...

Got my Defy just as the whole 2nd init thing took off...cm7 without an unlocked bootloader...miui...

Now i really want a Skate and want to get rid of the Defy. I know the Defy has better specs other than screen size! It has tons of stable roms from 2.1 to 2.3 and CM7 and MIUI. But now i'd rather sell and buy a Skate just to feel it all again. I could be taking a chance it could flop and not have much dev interest.

Is it just me then??? Should i seek help do i have a problem?

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish
No that's normal. But Skate is poop, you should buy U8800.

Isn't U8800 3.7inch screen though? I'm really looking to go larger! I'm hoping cm7 is a big performance improvement.

Edited by Frankish

Guest whatcolour

Addicted to the excitement of a new device coming out, the first time it can be unlocked, the first custom recovery, the first custom roms. I never seem to be happy unless i'm running partially functioning software on my device such as when CM7 first gets ported and you have loads of bugs. Sure i could just install a stable rom but no i can't help myself.

I got my Tattoo and went through the whole goldcard thing...the first time it was rooted...

I got my Desire and went through the first root...first 2.2 rom...first s-off bootloader...had to run a Desire HD rom on it...

I got my ZTE Blade and i'm sure you all know of the milestones and the excitement with free unlocks...first root...gen 2 updates...cm7...2.3 leak...

Got my Defy just as the whole 2nd init thing took off...cm7 without an unlocked bootloader...miui...

Now i really want a Skate and want to get rid of the Defy. I know the Defy has better specs other than screen size! It has tons of stable roms from 2.1 to 2.3 and CM7 and MIUI. But now i'd rather sell and buy a Skate just to feel it all again. I could be taking a chance it could flop and not have much dev interest.

I so feel you m8! Hello again I suppose :-) I can still remember the old blade times so got meself one this morning (£120 including £10 credit isn't so bad at all if you ask me)!

Guest Frankish

I so feel you m8! Hello again I suppose :-) I can still remember the old blade times so got meself one this morning (£120 including £10 credit isn't so bad at all if you ask me)!

Hi again indeed :D

I still love the Blade its with my brother now. His first android!

Guest casey99

I've only had two devices where I could flash new ROMs (Blade and Advent Vega) but I know how you feel.

I've been reading the Skate forum since day 1 and now it's out I'm wondering what I can sell so I can afford to buy one.

Maybe I ought to save up for some therapy instead of buying new shiney gadgets :blink:

If all the ROM junkies on this site got together we could get a group rate with a shrink :rolleyes:

Guest sej7278

If all the ROM junkies on this site got together we could get a group rate with a shrink :rolleyes:

lol, yeah i think i compile/flash/nandroid my blade more than i actually use it as a phone, and only turn on wifi most of the time to see if there's any new market updates!

Guest dibbles

So we could all sit around in a group type meeting and introduce ourselves with the line...

"Hi my name is <insert name> and I am addicted to flashing"

or could you think of another suitable opening introduction..?!

Guest Atomix86

Isn't U8800 3.7inch screen though? I'm really looking to go larger! I'm hoping cm7 is a big performance improvement.

3.8 ;) but its still better tbh.