ROOTING HUAWEI U8350/ORANGE BARCELONA??

Guest richaddis

Guest richaddis

Tried using Super One Click to root this device...

Spent hours tracking down a recovery image (thanks Sebastian404!!)...

Tried rebooting into recovery only to discover that although i thought i had superuser access, i couldn't boot recovery, it just booted up as normally... with rom manager, quick boot and numerous other 'boot to recovery' softwares.

Have tried Universal Androot, z4root, SuperOneClick, and just about every Root software i could find!!

Also need some way to actually install this Recovery image that i've got, as Recovery Manager that Seb404 recommended, doesn't start on device... just repeatedly force closes :(

Hope someone has managed to do this and might have some time to give me some advice. About to give up trying and just succumb to the evil that is Orange Branding!

Please reply, Rich Addis.

Guest andyfletcher

Hey

I have rooted and installed recovery on mine and have began removing a lot of the Orange bloat.

I used Superoneclick 2.1.1 from:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

It didn't work initially for me though... i hadn't loaded up the correct drivers required for adb (the drivers are available to your operating system once you enable debugging - a drive is mounted that contains them).

After doing this it worked a treat and thanks to Sebastian, getting the recovery was quick and easy.

I then did a nandroid backup and have began removing things using supermanager.

Good luck!

Andy

Tried using Super One Click to root this device...

Spent hours tracking down a recovery image (thanks Sebastian404!!)...

Tried rebooting into recovery only to discover that although i thought i had superuser access, i couldn't boot recovery, it just booted up as normally... with rom manager, quick boot and numerous other 'boot to recovery' softwares.

Have tried Universal Androot, z4root, SuperOneClick, and just about every Root software i could find!!

Also need some way to actually install this Recovery image that i've got, as Recovery Manager that Seb404 recommended, doesn't start on device... just repeatedly force closes :(

Hope someone has managed to do this and might have some time to give me some advice. About to give up trying and just succumb to the evil that is Orange Branding!

Please reply, Rich Addis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...