Gingerbread is coming soon

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Hi all

Been rather a busy week - and people are quite naturally keen to get the source code...

I have stated previously that ZTE will release Gingerbread code on September 1st. With the Monte Carlo on the market, ZTE's software managers are aware that they obliged to provide the relevant code and are aiming to deliver before Sep 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dadashi

I read if the source code or an unlock rom dump was released we would be closer to unlocking the OMC...

I bought the OMC last week but cant use my contract sim card, if its not unlocke soon its off to ebay...

Guest Sebastian404

This is starting to turn into a rerun of 'the perfect rom on wednesday' craziness from the Blade forum

Having the kernel source, assuming ZTE don't repeat previous mistakes and give us something that is not100%, will let us have over clocked and other customised tweaks

There is no real guarantee that an unlocked rom dump will let us unlock all skates, its possible that ZTE have relocated that simlock code outside of the usual places, we where far too helpfully to them pointing out the error of third ways last time.....

Guest t0mm13b

This is starting to turn into a rerun of 'the perfect rom on wednesday' craziness from the Blade forum

Having the kernel source, assuming ZTE don't repeat previous mistakes and give us something that is not100%, will let us have over clocked and other customised tweaks

There is no real guarantee that an unlocked rom dump will let us unlock all skates, its possible that ZTE have relocated that simlock code outside of the usual places, we where far too helpfully to them pointing out the error of third ways last time.....

Never a truer word spoken and yes, Orange must have kicked themselves hard over this one....

I reckon the Skate (from Orange may I add) has it locked down tight enough to prevent others from running off unlocking it and using it on another network which hurts Orange the most in terms of loss of usage and money making as a result!

Unlocked Skates (read, from other distributors OUTSIDE of Orange) could well be tricky mind you - for a start - where would you go poking in the innards of a unlocked rom dump, and poking in the hidden partitions to find out where the IMEI is - it could be more fiddly unlike the Blade.....

Guest brickornot

i am curious how long it will take from releasing source code to the moment when CM will make their version of rom for blade with this kernel....

Guest tilal6991

Never a truer word spoken and yes, Orange must have kicked themselves hard over this one....

I reckon the Skate (from Orange may I add) has it locked down tight enough to prevent others from running off unlocking it and using it on another network which hurts Orange the most in terms of loss of usage and money making as a result!

Unlocked Skates (read, from other distributors OUTSIDE of Orange) could well be tricky mind you - for a start - where would you go poking in the innards of a unlocked rom dump, and poking in the hidden partitions to find out where the IMEI is - it could be more fiddly unlike the Blade.....

I'm pretty sure the key library is libsimcardauth.so. it seems to be the vital library in checking whether the phone is unlocked. In any case the lock was on a hidden partition, there has to some thing in the OS that carries out this function. An unlocked romdump will atleast prove whether or not this is true.

Guest t0mm13b

I'm pretty sure the key library is libsimcardauth.so. it seems to be the vital library in checking whether the phone is unlocked. In any case the lock was on a hidden partition, there has to some thing in the OS that carries out this function. An unlocked romdump will atleast prove whether or not this is true.

I posted a while back with a smali'd dump of the libs that I clued in on - but sadly for me, was not able to read it properly as the smali'd code was slightly uncomprehensible (smali'd code/dump == reverse engineered code) - its here on the Skate forum somewhere :)

Guest dadashi

It's already night time in China....1st of September is nearly finished there and Wednsday has passed already :lol:

ZTE never released proper source code for the Blade, does anybody really think they will for the OMC...?

If somethings released it'll probably be like they did the Blade, incomplete and useless...

Guest wrtease

it will come ,so you just have to calm down,do you think zte want a pile of mobiles on a scrap heap of course not they want to sell lots and lots of mobiles.what you do with them is your problem not theirs,its all about money nothing else.and it the customers money that they want.after that its time for exploring what you can do with the mobile.when someone does get the unlock these will become very popular like the blade but on any network.its just time and money.if i want it unlocked then il pay just like anybody else would do. until that happens then i must just wait. my 2 pence worth.

Guest sej7278

it will come ,so you just have to calm down,do you think zte want a pile of mobiles on a scrap heap of course not they want to sell lots and lots of mobiles.what you do with them is your problem not theirs,its all about money nothing else.and it the customers money that they want.after that its time for exploring what you can do with the mobile.when someone does get the unlock these will become very popular like the blade but on any network.its just time and money.if i want it unlocked then il pay just like anybody else would do. until that happens then i must just wait. my 2 pence worth.

not sure why this thread has devolved into talking about unlocking, i can't see ZTE would have put the unlock code in the kernel, and they certainly wouldn't provide the sourcecode to that even if they did.

ZTE are losing customers through locking their phones and not releasing the kernel source, only Orange think they are holding onto customers by simlocking; and it seems you can't even get it unlocked if you pay orange!

Guest unrandomsam

Hi all

Been rather a busy week - and people are quite naturally keen to get the source code...

I have stated previously that ZTE will release Gingerbread code on September 1st. With the Monte Carlo on the market, ZTE's software managers are aware that they obliged to provide the relevant code and are aiming to deliver before Sep 1st.

So September 1st being today where is it ?