[THEME] Windows 8 UI on your Vega!

Guest pillowshot

Guest ViPaSoft

Just spent all day creating some icons and it looks good. Just a couple of questions/queries...

As mentioned by Booshie007, how does the weather widget work and the batter widget.

Also, are the sizes, 152x152, 312x152 and 152x312 correct as the upright icons seem s fair bit smaller that they need to be to bridge 2 rows. Still looks good thou and looking forward to completing the follow through of your tutorial when you get the time.

Thanks again.

Guest ViPaSoft

Kind of fixed the icons not been quite the same size.

If you leave the taskbar across the top ON and under;

ADW SETTINGS - UI SETTINGS - SCREEN PREFERENCES - ADVANCED SETTINGS - you can tick the AUTO STRETCH option, they match perfectly.

Just have to leave the taskbar on that's all. I suppose with a black wallpaper, it would blend in ok.

Guest Booshie007

Got mine near on perfect now. Weather and battery sorted and loving it.

Its all about the overlapping and the order you do these in. Found out that if you put a widget with a transparent backgound in place first and then add the background image after this works. At first when moving the image, this will sit over the widget. Dont worry as soon as you go into the launcher menu and back, this will right it self.

Works perfect

Guest Booshie007

Sorry got this slightly wrong. Add the background image before the weather or battery widget. Edit the widget and align with the background. Reboot tablet and the overlay should be fine

Guest ViPaSoft

I followed your first instructions and added the weather widget first and then added the VisualizeR background, (NO PROGRAM ASSOCIATION), just above it. Then using long press/edit on the background, I stretched it into place behind the weather widget. No reboot or anything.

Couldn't have figured it out without your advice though Booshie007, thanks.

Do you or anyone else know of a way to back up all the work done to allow easier set-up in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Guest pillowshot

I followed your first instructions and added the weather widget first and then added the VisualizeR background, (NO PROGRAM ASSOCIATION), just above it. Then using long press/edit on the background, I stretched it into place behind the weather widget. No reboot or anything.

Couldn't have figured it out without your advice though Booshie007, thanks.

Do you or anyone else know of a way to back up all the work done to allow easier set-up in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Can I just add, that you need to be careful about which you put down. If you restart ADW (Menu Button > More > ADW Settings > Restart ADW) you can see which you need to put down first.

I plan on making a video to demonstrate this easier as I was unable to put it into words ^.^

Guest ViPaSoft

Thanks Pillowshot, yourself and Booshie are right. Background VisualizeR first with Launch option set to NONE and then the weather/batter widget stretched on top, (which actually goes behind the first widget until your restart ADW.

By the way, what is Minimalistic Text used for...thanks.

Guest Solidare

Hi Guys,

Been playing with this concept for a few hours now and i've got to say it looks really cool. I'm currently using the latest nightly of cyanogenmod7 which has a system version of ADW as standard. Can't seem to find the option to overlap widgets so i guess that's specific to some builds of ADW such as EX.

This is what i've got so far..

post-846379-0-90387100-1313420873_thumb.

I've also found that AutoAppOrganizer works really well with this. When adding widgets; if you select other and then AutoAppOrganizer you can choose catogories of apps or all apps.

Tapping on games shows all games, like this >

post-846379-0-01723700-1313421097_thumb.

I have also done this for the start menu to bring up all my apps in the box

Anyway, nice guide and i've uploaded the icons i'm using.

Cheers

Download W8icons.zip

Guest newbe5

Love this. Clean, simple but attractive and very functional :) Well done! I think you've done a sterling job on this, wish more people were making inventive themes for the Vega :)

BTW, I think that SiMi Folder Widget would work very nicely with this if you want to group apps below a single icon.

newbe5

Edited by newbe5

Guest ViPaSoft

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!

Getting really frustrated now.

I tried vegacomb and couldn't get on with the large icons so came back to corvus5.

Since then, I decided to retry this windows 8 theme, but about every other 'Desktop Visualiser' 4x4 icon I create on the screen is grey with a blue egg time on it, which when clicked takes me to a completely random program. Any advise would be fantastic.