Photo

CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

* * * * * 10 votes

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

donk165

donk165

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Honor (u8860)

New update coming tomorrow morning in a new dedicated thread. My latest build looks to be fully functional and having really good battery life.

That's awesome, looking forward to updating, is it using your S3 kernel?

baddesthad

baddesthad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

New update coming tomorrow morning in a new dedicated thread. My latest build looks to be fully functional and having really good battery life.

Good news! I've found tilals current build very stable, so improvements on that will be great :-)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
It's the latest repo sync. Smooth and stable. Just about to test the GPS and it's ready to go if OK.
Contains S3 kernel by default.

Edited by C3C0, 23 May 2012 - 03:41 AM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

aamiel

aamiel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo : ZTE skate
Did you check the compass? Last time I tried some apps did not work. For instance Google skymap

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I tried compass and works OK. Also orientation in satnav (Sygic) is perfect.
Google Sky behaves odd, though. For unknown reason.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I did some thorough compass tests and I am sad to report that the issue is still there.

There are 2 groups of apps:
1) Smart ones that are able to display the correct orientation in case sensor daemon gives wierd data
2) Normal apps that rely just on data received without analyzing if they are really OK

I will try to fix it...

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
No luck with compass so far. Do you want the rom anyway? I couldn't test Google maps navigation since it's not supported in my country. Sygic works perfectly, though.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
Yes i want the 7.2 Latest RC cuz it will run fine and more stable than tilal last build and i tested in my Blade so no worries i think.

But why the compass doesn't want to work?

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
It works but partially. That means some apps that use compass run fine, some not. E.g. there may be an issue when Google maps navigation shows that you're going the opposite direction. I use sygic and this one hasn't problem at all. Works a treat also for by-feet navigation when it correctly shows what direction you are facing.

silver01

silver01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:zte skate
I have the zte stock rom of android on my phone (2.3.5) and want to upgrade to 2.3.7 or even ICS. There is a really good simple step by step guide to doing similar on the orange san francisco (zte blade) but I can't find a similar idiots guide to do this on the skate. Can anyone help please?
Thanks

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

I have the zte stock rom of android on my phone (2.3.5) and want to upgrade to 2.3.7 or even ICS. There is a really good simple step by step guide to doing similar on the orange san francisco (zte blade) but I can't find a similar idiots guide to do this on the skate. Can anyone help please?
Thanks

The one pinned to the top of the forum is pretty simple, though I'm not sure if it covers flashing ROMs specifically. Anyway, follow that guide and come back if you have any questions.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Just to add that this topic and rom are outdated. The latest version of CM7 can be found here: http://www.modaco.co...oid-237-310812/

nimic

nimic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Devices:Skate , Szenio Syreni 50QHD
Hi i really want a version of Adobe Flash Player to work with CyanogenMod in my ZTE Skate(OMC) can you send me a link or something thanks.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Hi i really want a version of Adobe Flash Player to work with CyanogenMod in my ZTE Skate(OMC) can you send me a link or something thanks.

Haven't tried it, but this should work: http://www.filefacto...le/2be5jfgaa1dp

Posted Image

silver01

silver01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:zte skate
Hi there. I'm having proximity sensor issues with CM 9 so wanted to go back to CM 7. Is it just a case of reinstalling the cm7-06012012.zip? Is there anything else I shopuld do first?
Thanks

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate

Hi there. I'm having proximity sensor issues with CM 9 so wanted to go back to CM 7. Is it just a case of reinstalling the cm7-06012012.zip? Is there anything else I shopuld do first?
Thanks

Format data, system,boot

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Thanks

Wipe data, advanced > wipe dalvik cache, format /system. Then flash the CM7 zip again.

Posted Image

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
... and you should know that this one is pretty outdated. There's a newer one in my signature.
Or you could also try official cm night lies
Http://get.cm

poludeli_kaktus

poludeli_kaktus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Medion Life P4310, LG L9
  • Twitter:@poludeli_kaktus

... and you should know that this one is pretty outdated. There's a newer one in my signature.
Or you could also try official cm night lies
Http://get.cm

What gapps go with mentioned official cm?

Edited by poludeli_kaktus, 29 January 2013 - 12:15 PM.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

What gapps go with mentioned official cm?

http://goo.im/gapps/...0828-signed.zip

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users