[rom][gen2][zte 2.3.4] Monte Carlo Stir Fry

Guest wbaw

Guest The Soup Thief

As a bit of maverick, living life on the edge, etc ;) (cf Thrashman's comment) yesterday I installed MCSF (not the catchiest acronym, but nevermind) without any kind of wipe whatsoever :o To make things that bit more risky I even stood on one leg while doing so.

Nobody died etc

Whole previous set up was intact, so all good

Nice ROM

Personally I like the new market, albeit a smidge slower than previous version

Otherwise there's little difference versus b20

Add in nrev's battery display mod (thin circle and white numbers) from this thread and I have an extremely servicable, slick, day to day rom

If you use blootoof then look elsewhere, but to be honest I've never found a bt device that's caused me anything but trouble so decided long ago to have nothing more to do with that technology

Guest ThrashMan

Ahhhhhh man!! What a rush!!! Makes my hair stand on end :)

As a bit of maverick, living life on the edge, etc ;) (cf Thrashman's comment) yesterday I installed MCSF (not the catchiest acronym, but nevermind) without any kind of wipe whatsoever :o To make things that bit more risky I even stood on one leg while doing so.

Nobody died etc

Whole previous set up was intact, so all good

Nice ROM

Personally I like the new market, albeit a smidge slower than previous version

Otherwise there's little difference versus b20

Add in nrev's battery display mod (thin circle and white numbers) from this thread and I have an extremely servicable, slick, day to day rom

If you use blootoof then look elsewhere, but to be honest I've never found a bt device that's caused me anything but trouble so decided long ago to have nothing more to do with that technology

Guest @timbe

Wbaw,

I`m curious if the GSF goodies are compatible with this rom, themes for example.

Of course i could try it out myself, but i just wanted to ask if there is already experiences about this.

Thanks!

Guest Kurdt Kobain

I'm delighted with the audio quality with this ROM. I've always suffered low volume problems with my Blade but this ROM has finally fixed that now.

The sound is nice and loud now when playing music and I can actually listen to it with the volume level set just half way up, instead of permanently at or near the max. It was always very frustrating trying to listen to my music in a crowded location, such as on the bus, and I just couldn't turn the volume up high enough in the past to hear it properly.

Would be fantastic if this could be ported to other ROMS too such as ones that support overclocking.

Anyway cheers OP!

Guest The Soup Thief

@Kurdt Kobain

True nuff. Excellent sound quality - yay dobbly :)

Just to prove that you can't please all of the people all of the time, I actually find the volume a bit loud - the lowest notch on the volume control is a bit louder than ideal, though this is purely me being a picky get. I'm sure I'll find something in the market that's like Screen Filter, for your ears! (ie makes it a bit quieter, for when you're somewhere you need to keep it down a bit, eg during deep and meaningful conversations with a spouse, during religious ceremonies, exams, job interviews, while the mrs is reading and I'm watching silliness on youtube etc ;) )

This is not criticism of what, I feel is a great little rom - just an observation. When I find an app that will help me increase the granularity of the volume control I'll post back

EDIT

Modaco member, richardop has developed a neat little app that allows you do channel low volume auio through the earpiece rather than the main speaker, so you can really quiet audio - handy for this rom IMHO - Fine Volume Control

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest hafhaf

wbaw, is the alarm working properly in this ROM?

I'm using alarm clock xtreme and so far it's only working on CM7, haven't tried it in GSF for a while though.

Anyone with this ROM (or latest version of GSF) mind downloading Alarm Clock Xtreeme free and try an alarm to see if the snooze/dismiss works like it's supposed.

The symptom has been that the alarm keeps ringing after snooze/dismiss.

https://market.andro...ock.xtreme.free

Thank you in advance!

Edited by hafhaf

Guest Mushroom_Lord

As one of my phones primary uses is audio playback...

Well actually its on the way out (blue pixels across the top are flckering on when they shouldnt (oled) and the screen is cracked across the bottom)

So if I do the "dedicated mp3 player" thing then Ill probably use this ROM.

Guest ThrashMan

The default alarm clock works fine in GSF so there's no reason to think it doesn't in this ROM.

wbaw, is the alarm working properly in this ROM?

I'm using alarm clock xtreme and so far it's only working on CM7, haven't tried it in GSF for a while though.

Anyone with this ROM (or latest version of GSF) mind downloading Alarm Clock Xtreeme free and try an alarm to see if the snooze/dismiss works like it's supposed.

The symptom has been that the alarm keeps ringing after snooze/dismiss.

https://market.andro...ock.xtreme.free

Thank you in advance!

Guest solidchips

Hi everyone.

I'm unable to lock the launcher application into memory. It keeps on refreshing desktop whenever i come back to desktop, it's really annoying.

Any help, how to get rid of it, is really appreciated.

I tried by checking the option "Lock in memory/system persistent", but in vain.

Tried many launchers ADW/Zeam/Launcher Pro, same result.

Guest hafhaf

The default alarm clock works fine in GSF so there's no reason to think it doesn't in this ROM.

I'm not talking about the default one though.

Just tried alarm clock xtreme on both this one and GSF19, still not working.

On GSF it just keeps ringing wheres on this one i force closes which is interesting, it's obviously something different between them.

wbaw, do you think problems like this will be resolved when we get the source code or is it the app-maker who needs to tweak the app further?

Guest muller37

@Kurdt Kobain

True nuff. Excellent sound quality - yay dobbly :)

Just to prove that you can't please all of the people all of the time, I actually find the volume a bit loud - the lowest notch on the volume control is a bit louder than ideal, though this is purely me being a picky get. I'm sure I'll find something in the market that's like Screen Filter, for your ears! (ie makes it a bit quieter, for when you're somewhere you need to keep it down a bit, eg during deep and meaningful conversations with a spouse, during religious ceremonies, exams, job interviews, while the mrs is reading and I'm watching silliness on youtube etc ;) )

This is not criticism of what, I feel is a great little rom - just an observation. When I find an app that will help me increase the granularity of the volume control I'll post back

I too love the better sound quality and agree that in some instances it can be too loud at lowest volume. Only way i've seen is to disable dolby in sound settings before use but this is obviously not ideal as lose quality.

Hi everyone.

I'm unable to lock the launcher application into memory. It keeps on refreshing desktop whenever i come back to desktop, it's really annoying.

Any help, how to get rid of it, is really appreciated.

I tried by checking the option "Lock in memory/system persistent", but in vain.

Tried many launchers ADW/Zeam/Launcher Pro, same result.

It's because you have a 256mb ram v880. Do you have the same problem on GSF B19? This version may use more ram.

You can save a bit of ram by cutting the buffer sizes, it might be enough to keep the launcher in ram...

edit /system/build.prop look at the last 5 lines

Change

net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,131072,1048576,4096,131072,524288

to

net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,65536,262144,4096,65536,262144

do that for all the last 5 lines in build.prop

then edit /system/etc/init.d/02readahead

change

echo 1024 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb

echo 1024 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/31:0/read_ahead_kb

to

echo 128 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb

echo 128 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/31:0/read_ahead_kb

That should save around 3mb ram in total, sets the buffers to near v880 defaults, it might be enough to make the difference on a 256mb v880, but it'll slow down the network & storage speeds for 512mb blade owners, so they shouldn't do it.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Does anyone know exactly what the dolby does, and how it compares to the dobly in playerpro? - because when Im playing music on playerpro, which has a dolby setting, enabling dolby sounds no different to when it is not.

Im using sjullcandy lowriders and FLAC files :P

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Does anyone know exactly what the dolby does, and how it compares to the dobly in playerpro? - because when Im playing music on playerpro, which has a dolby setting, enabling dolby sounds no different to when it is not.

Im using skullcandy lowriders and FLAC files :P

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Dolby makes it sound noticeably louder & clearer, at least with the internal speaker, I didn't test it with earphones. Probably uses some kind of dynamic range compression to make it sound louder above background noise.

Guest solidchips
That should save around 3mb ram in total, sets the buffers to near v880 defaults, it might be enough to make the difference on a 256mb v880, but it'll slow down the network & storage speeds for 512mb blade owners, so they shouldn't do it.

Thanks wbaw, you are right, i'm using 256mb blade. I will test and report back.

Edited by solidchips

Guest solidchips

wbaw, i tried the solution you mentioned, no luck. Anyway, Thanks.

Going back to latest nightly.

Edited by solidchips

Guest lopilop

Dolby makes it sound noticeably louder & clearer, at least with the internal speaker, I didn't test it with earphones. Probably uses some kind of dynamic range compression to make it sound louder above background noise.

Wbaw, isnt it possible to take that "Dolby" thing to GSF?

Guest CHUMBLY

anyone noticed lossy phone signal with this rom. It was quite good on b20. I am on 3 network. there is UMA signal booster in the mc rom is it enabled on the mcsf 1?

Thanks