BLOODY BUNNIES - REVIEW

Guest Reesters

Guest Reesters

post-913934-0-37794200-1313691865_thumb.

Mentalwarp Games latest creation - Bloody Bunnies is one of those games that only comes about every lunar eclipse. It has everything that makes a gaming experience great; stunning graphics, newcomer friendly touch screen controls and a simple yet genius premise.

You play as a cute little bunny with an insane hunger for carrots. Nothing will stand in your way to collect the orange delights... not even stomping on your friend Thumper's head to get them.

In the 'Carrot Hunt' mode the aim of your game is to collect 5 carrots around the screen. Sounds simple enough? It would be if there weren't 2 other AI bunnies with the exact same agenda and carrot crazy eyes as you. Play in 'cute' mode and everything stays relatively friendly between the 3 of you. Play in 'bloody' mode and you do not just get a tap to the head and start your mission again: you become road kill. Excellent. More hits = more points and more stylish hits like after exiting a rabbit hole portal = even more points! All this can be collected and added to OpenFeint is you so wish.

There are 3 other modes of game play; 'Deathmatch' which is first to a death toll of 20 (no carrots, just revenge), 'Survival' which is stages of ever increasing bunnies to squidge who in turn have an ever increasing hatred for you and 'Custom' which is pretty self explanatory.

All this is played out over a choice of the four seasons for backdrops and they are a delight to the eyes. Nothing within this game is over worked, complicated or styled and I think this is why it works. Ok so there were a few annoyances to be had like a somewhat lengthy wait whilst loading scenes and as the beta is playing online whenever any other traffic hit my 'phone gameplay was hit with lag. This always seemed to occur when I was pulling off a double kill when exiting a portal! Grrr Now as I am testing the beta version all I can do is report the issues and hope that all will be rectified (I am solidly sure all will be well come the release)

It has been a long time since I played a game and got a bizarre mixture of emotions as I did with Bloody Bunnies. I found myself laughing and and gritting my teeth gasping "Bloody Bunnies" (or maybe something more for suitable for the Profanisaurus) a true example of magnum opus to me.

Luckily there is not long to wait for you guys as it is released across Android 1st September. I would happily wager money that Bloody Bunnies will a stonking hit for Mentalwarp Games...

post-913934-0-73424700-1313691894_thumb.

Guest Reesters

I have just received and testing an updated beta of Bloody Bunnies which now supports X, O and 'triangle' buttons on the XPLAY as well as the D-Pad. Happy days! Far less loading times as well...

Guest Simon O

I have just received and testing an updated beta of Bloody Bunnies which now supports X, O and Y buttons on the XPLAY as well as the D-Pad. Happy days! Far less loading times as well...

Lucky you for beta testing! I wonder how well the game would run on my Huawei U8800. Same CPU/GPU as the HTC Desire Z so it should be ok.. I hope.