Photo

Are you delaying buying a OMC because it cant be unlocked?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Is not being able to Unlock the Orange Monte Carlo stopping you from buying it? (149 member(s) have cast votes)

Is not being able to Unlock the Orange Monte Carlo stopping you from buying it?

1. No, I'm on Orange & getting a OMC regardless (6 votes [3.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

2. Yes, really want the phone but on different network (82 votes [52.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.56%

3. Not bothered, dont want a OMC (16 votes [10.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

4. I'm not on Orange but I got the phone regardless and now waiting for the unlock (32 votes [20.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

5. Gonna wait till the Unbranded 1Ghz Version from ZTE even though it costs more (20 votes [12.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
tom do you own a monte carlo .i have some stuff that i would like to tell you about it.

Productivity

Productivity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Blade and Skate
Does anyone know if it is likely that this phone will be unlockable at all?

What has to change for this to happen?

I leave the UK at the end of next week and would like to take one with me, but only if it will be unlockable sometime soon.

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150

Does anyone know if it is likely that this phone will be unlockable at all?

What has to change for this to happen?

I leave the UK at the end of next week and would like to take one with me, but only if it will be unlockable sometime soon.

As soon as someone produces a romdump of an unlocked Skate then we should have an unlock.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

Productivity

Productivity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Blade and Skate

As soon as someone produces a romdump of an unlocked Skate then we should have an unlock.

Thanks man!

I've done it. Bought one!

The only way I can ever use it is if we get that unlocked romdump! (That's the faith I have in my fellow Modaco members!)
Where I'm from there aint no Orange!

Tony.h

Tony.h

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I bought one as well, no use here to me in ireland without the unlock so really hoping for an unlock,,, used it tethering from my blade amd really like it

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade

I now live in the Netherlands and I have a vodafone sim. So I must wait for unlocking before I buy :-(

I wish we did have Orange here!

All the deals offered here are terrible when compared to Orange and they're only getting worse.

The only reason Orange do the deals is to compensate for the network being so crap.

(Otherwise no one would be on Orange).

Get a decent no cut unlock sim.

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

It's not a miniscule difference. There is quite a difference between the Blade and the Skate. The Skate feels more powerful than the Blade and not by a miniscule amount either. Remember that the Skate has a bigger screen than the Blade but the same GPU and so has the use more of the CPU in rendering the screen.

sorry but the resolution is the same so this is untrue.

DB006

DB006

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:OMC (ZTE Skate) + LG GT540 2.1
I have an old LG GT540 on T Mobile, but took the plunge last week and picked up the OMC (£118 inc student discount and the £25 pre paid debit card freebie), will just rape the credit on it, in time for the unlocked roms.

Edited by DB006, 04 September 2011 - 02:04 PM.

Posted Image

cmberry20

cmberry20

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Devices:San Franciso
Just bumping this thread up.

Now that Flash is working (for most people) on the Skate & the price has dropped to £119 (which, imo is amazing value for money)
I really want it!!!!

But it needs to be unlocked.

I think the Monte Carlo will fly off the shelves now if an Unlock code generator was released.

Currently, the Turbo-Sim is a no go because its too temperamental.

Edited by cmberry20, 17 October 2011 - 11:35 AM.

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
I think you should add an: "I've already bought one, and I am happy to wait until a solution to unlock it is found", option. I have one, and I am not losing sleep over the fact it is not able to accept my giffgaff SIM. That's life, and I can wait happily.

:)

I cannot cast my vote, as none of your options apply to me.

Edited by glossywhite, 17 October 2011 - 12:14 PM.

cmberry20

cmberry20

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

I think you should add an: "I've already bought one, and I am happy to wait until a solution to unlock it is found", option. I have one, and I am not losing sleep over the fact it is not able to accept my giffgaff SIM. That's life, and I can wait happily.

:)

I cannot cast my vote, as none of your options apply to me.

^ Doesnt: "I'm not on Orange but I got the phone regardless and now waiting for the unlock" cover that???

:huh:

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

^ Doesnt: "I'm not on Orange but I got the phone regardless and now waiting for the unlock" cover that???

:huh:

Oh... yeah... :lol: ... oops

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts
  • Interests:ET Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4
"I'm not on Orange but I got the phone regardless and woz waiting for the unlock" but now i have an unlock.....

cmberry20

cmberry20

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

"I'm not on Orange but I got the phone regardless and woz waiting for the unlock" but now i have an unlock.....

Where from?

Orange (3 month deal)
Turbo-Sim
Other?

Theres no way you got it from an Unlock Code Gen as I think it would have been plastered all over the forums by now!!

TouchyAndalou

TouchyAndalou

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Where from?

Orange (3 month deal)
Turbo-Sim
Other?

Theres no way you got it from an Unlock Code Gen as I think it would have been plastered all over the forums by now!!

He has a turbo sim, I think.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts
  • Interests:ET Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

Where from?

unless i made it my self lol,

the turbo sim works fine for me on t mobile... mobile data did go off but that's because i have to flash my rom 20 times a day to check fixes & things i add....
to get mobile data back i just put the sim in my old phone then back in the OMC...

although i am sure a real unlock is very close..

Jeff 66

Jeff 66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
I bought the phone not long after it came out, assuming an unlock would become available fairly quickly so I could stay with T-Mobile.

But having used Orange for the last few months I'm happy to stay with them. A £10 top up will last me two months, none of the other networks would be any cheaper, not even Giffgaff.
That's because I make hardly any calls (40p spent on calls in the last month), but I make full use of the free texts and internet allowance that comes with a £10 top up on Dolphin.

The 100MB internet allowance will (just) last me a month. I work from home so I'm connected to my home wireless network most of the time.
That wasn't possible with my San Francisco because the Wifi on that wouldn't work with any of the three routers I have, so the 100MB allowance was nowhere near enough.

So I'm happy with Orange, but it's always good to have other options so if a free/cheap unlock becomes available I'll make use of it.
I've tried two unlocking sims so far, both have worked briefly, with no data, before dying completely.

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
This is a futile effort, turbo sims etc... noone will admit it, but it is.

cmberry20

cmberry20

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
^ Agreed.

Unless a 100% working Turbo/X Sim is made theres no way I'm buying one to use on a Monte Carlo.

Putting the SIM into your old phone everytime it looses a signal is not a good 'working' solution!!!

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150

This is a futile effort, turbo sims etc... noone will admit it, but it is.

Just think of the XSIM as a temporary measure until the 3 months for Orange to give you the code finishes. Then just get the code off Orange - you don't even need to top up to do so.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users