[ROM][08/20/11][Z!GZA!G] GALAXY S+CM7 | 2.3.5 | RC9 | Transform Your Xperia To Galaxy S

Guest Z!GZA!G

Guest Z!GZA!G

I’m 15 and this is my first ROM release so please don’t get mad at me even if U MAD? Gotta love zdzihu. Anyways, please report bugs that are not listed in a clear, concise and polite manner so I or any other community members can help you out ASAP. Thank You.

Z!GZA!G GALAXY S+CM7 is a zdzihu-ZMOD CyanogenMod 7.1 based aftermarket firmware for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. This ROM is designed to transform your Xperia to feel like a Galaxy S device. Once flashing this ROM your phone will be a Sony Ericsson Galaxy S X10. This distribution is built on top of Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread). This ROM’s base is zdzihu’s CM7-ZMOD 003 so you know its got deep swag.

This rom is a release candidate, but is stable for daily use. Thanks to zdzihu for his hardwork; it is because of him this ROM is stable for everyday use. Thank you so much zdzihu for everything.

screenshot3yt.pngscreenshot10zu.jpgscreenshotyby.jpg

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/1783/screenshot3yt.png

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3595/screenshot10zu.jpg

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2387/screenshotyby.jpg
FEATURES
-Samsung Galaxy S Apps/Hubs (Readers Hub, Social Hub, Music Hub, Polaris Office)

-Readers Hub (PressReader, Kobo eBooks, Zinio - ALL WORKING)

-TouchWiz Music Player could't be ported so the new Google Music...For now

-Wallpapers/LiveWallpapers (Download in 2nd Post)

-Galaxy S Boot Animation

-zKernal+SmartAss_ZMOD Governer (Thanks zdzihu)

-CyanogenMod 7

-TouchWiz 4 UI (Found on Galaxy S II)

-Theme Chooser+TouchWizzedB CyanogenMod Theme (uses original Galaxy S Framework)

-Other apps FaceBook, Twitter...download from Market. I did not include to make ROM lighter and most of these apps update often.

Galaxy S This ROM is not just named Galaxy S because it looks like it but it also has the content you would find in a Galaxy S device. In this ROM, included are Readers Hub, Social Hub, Music Hub and Polaris Office. All of these app have been ported but still are a W.I.P. and devs are needed for them to work. Aside from Readers Hub the rest seem useless as although they open the still need work to function, function better, or fix the FC(Polaris Office).

Once this ROM settles it is extremely fast. Follow the instructions in the SECOND POST to make it better, because to be quite frank at first boot it does not look too pleasing.

NEED TO ADD/FIX FOR FUTURE RELEASES:

*DOOMLORD'S kernel

*Battery drainage is really bad. You could go through the day but with moderate use. I am still working with this issue and hope to get it fixed soon. This rom is using the new zKernel. Make sure you use a tool like SetCPU to set the speed at 998mhz or under to help keep the battery running longer.

*WiFi/Tethering

*Some features that are missing in CyanogenMod Settings (Render Effects, few "minor" tweaks here and there. (Should be fixed next week)

*Improving the Galaxy S ported apps/hubs (Social, Music, Polaris...IF you could help out please let me know)

*Again really need to work on extending the battery life.

DOWNLOAD: Z!GZA!G SGS CM7 RC9 zkernal.zip

I Give Thanks to EVERYONE involved in the X10 community. Special Thanks to zdzihu for staying first of all and for everything he does. The FreeXperia Team, Jerpeala, Cyanogen (Steve Kondik), CyanogenMod Team, My_Immortal, WolfBreak, spaarc, alzbac, Trip as well. And many others for their hardwork.

I hope this ROM will come to good use for you and really hope you enjoy it.

Edited by Z!GZA!G

Guest Z!GZA!G

Before you start make sure you get these amazing Galaxy S Wallpapers and LiveWallpapers. Extract and Copy them to your SD Card.These were extracted from the Galaxt S II Stock ROM. THESE WALLPAPERS CANNOT BE FLASHED WITH XRECOVERY.

Make Sure

1. You are on a 2.3.3 ROM with Baseband .71

2. xRecover 0.3

3. Enough time to get follow the instructions below
1. Once you flash and enter your stuff in the Setup screens (unless you want to copy my habits and skip through them) you will get to a Homescreen which may look ugly to you. BUT WAIT don’t switch ROMS yet! I will show you how to setup the TouchWiz homescreen with the Galaxy S basics and the theme you need to choose. So the your Galaxy S X10 is more YOU (sorry HTC). 2. Open up the App Drawer and find Theme Chooser. Select TouchWizzedB and tap Apply. You can reset the device if you want to settle the new icons but you can do it later. 3. On the TouchWiz 4 homescreen press MENU>Preferences. Here are all the settings that you can customize. I will provide the settings for a Galaxy S feel. But you can always change it to however you would like it.
-Homescreen Settings> Homescreen Count:7; Default Screen:1

-App Drawer> UNcheck: 3D Transition Effect

-Dock Settings> Icon Dock Count 4

-Bade counter and the rest of the settings> Your choice

-Restart and Save
3. Now that you are back on your homescreen. To change the icons on the dock and to change the icons in the drawer:
Tap the Applications icon>MENU>Edit. 

When you are done make sure you press MENU and tap Save

4. Reboot your Galaxy S X10 and enjoy a blazing fast Galaxy S experience. Thanks once again zdzihu.

5. Sorry for making this a lengthy process. I had tried to make everything ready-made but the ROM had many WLODs and other bugs.

If you don't like it please flash another great ROM by other amazing DEVS!

Edited by Z!GZA!G

Guest Neel007

no way.... i cant do this to my x10....

i hate samsung UI....

but good job and nice work for those who prefers touchwiz...

good wishes for future development

keep it up...

Thanx :)

Guest scattaman

i hate samsung UI....

keep it up...

I love samsung UI... will be trying this for sure! Good work man!

Guest rendeiro2005

Well done here bro;) I must say, yet there's a few issues with home launcher. From time to time the com.launcher.bla, bla,bla force closes.

Anyway, very good job and with domms v02 kernel this seams to have wings;)

Guest Cyberman_NI

Hey Z!GZA!G great work man (kid) whatever you'd preffer :P

Android needs all the dev's they can get to stay ahead of the that other fruit! ;)

I have both x10 and SGS2 and they do have their own pro's and con's.

Keep up the great work, looking forward to seein more rom's.

Guest Z!GZA!G

i hate samsung UI....

keep it up...

Nobody asked you to "do this" on your X10, but thanks a lot!

I love samsung UI... will be trying this for sure! Good work man!

Thanks a lot, I hope you are liking it.

you've done hellova job, bravo kid!

Thanks a lot, bravo for posting and for the inspirational words!

Wow another rom ,

Thanks mate for that , sure i will give it a shot.

Vatis

Yes another ROM, thanks a lot for trying.

Well done here bro;) I must say, yet there's a few issues with home launcher. From time to time the com.launcher.bla, bla,bla force closes.

Anyway, very good job and with domms v02 kernel this seams to have wings;)

Thanks a lot rendeiro, I am really happy to get a reply from such a great Dev. Yes I am aware of the issues with the launcher, we'll see what I can do.

Are you going to go back to make some more ROMS?

Hey Z!GZA!G great work man (kid) whatever you'd preffer :P

Android needs all the dev's they can get to stay ahead of the that other fruit! ;)

I have both x10 and SGS2 and they do have their own pro's and con's.

Keep up the great work, looking forward to seein more rom's.

Thanks a lot Cyberman. Anything is fine with me whatever you prefer. OMG I wish I could get my hands on a GS2. All I see is all pro's for the SGS2.

Thanks a lot for everything.

lovin' it! biggrin.gif

thanks man! looking forward for more breakthroughs from you.

Bolinoy! Thanks a lot man! Thanks a lot for trying this out!

Guest rendeiro2005

Thanks a lot rendeiro, I am really happy to get a reply from such a great Dev. Yes I am aware of the issues with the launcher, we'll see what I can do.

Are you going to go back to make some more ROMS?

Thks for your kind words;)

Not in the near future due work:(

BTW how's the new version? Is the launcher issue solved? I really like the look of this rom and i think with some tricks it will be much more smooth and fast (not a bad chritisims) but with the launcher issue all the time i cant use it:(

But again. Congrats;)

Cheers

Rendeiro

Guest cjsabaki

Zig!!!

Nice work!!

Takes a bit to set up the TW launcher and stuff when u dont know ur way around the settings, but its well worth the time!!

Way cool colors and stable and fast, pretty decent battery life after a couple of days and its fc and wlod free so far!! Very interesting rom!!! Not sure what the galaxy actually has for lock screen, but Im good with the cm options!!

Great work, nice looking and stable!!!

Thank you!!

Best regards,

Chris