Samsung mobiles banned from Europe ?

Guest Simbowales

Guest t0ph0id

But they're not actually being banned are they?

The patent covers the scrolling within the gallery on all phones running gingerbread form what I've read elsewhere.

Samsung will release an update very soon and normal business will resume.

Its not even that much of a victory. Once Google fully integrates Motorolas Patents and gains ownership of the hardware vending part the whole case is void. Its a Google app than Apple sued over. Once Google owns Moto Samsung simply have to hold up a moto phone with the gallery bundled on it and Apple lose the case because at that point patent protection gets extended. Unfortunately the patent protection rules dont apply to the gallery right now. Google can 'sell' it in the market, but bundling it carrys risks.

Its actually really bad for Apple, all the patents they really wanted to win over got thrown out, the one they did win over makes them look like childish asses.

Guest Androidlover287

Apple are just childish, i can see why from a business stand point, but this is just stupid.

Edit 1: Also not signatures i try to use don't work? am i doing something wrong? (This is unrelated to the topic)

Edited by Androidlover287

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mcwarre

They are not banned in Europe - the issue is in the Netherlands - which is samsungs distribution centre for Europe. So this causes issues but not a European wide ban.