Photo

How long do you think till we have HoneyComb?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

StuMcBill

StuMcBill

Diehard

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Devices:HTC One M8
Just wondered what the thoughts were on this?

I know Honeycomb is not open source, but there are various tablets which have had a Honeycomb port.

I know the AndyPad team will be working on an Ice Cream Sandwich port once the source is released, but if I know the Android community it won't be long until someone is trying to hack Honeycomb onto it!

I am not sure if there is any Tablets with a port, which has similar hardware to the AndyPad - anyone have any ideas?

Stew

HTC One M8 & Nexus 7 (2013)

Sami Beck

Sami Beck

Diehard

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, XOOM, Andypad Pro
  • Twitter:@SamSamoon

Just wondered what the thoughts were on this?

I know Honeycomb is not open source, but there are various tablets which have had a Honeycomb port.

I know the AndyPad team will be working on an Ice Cream Sandwich port once the source is released, but if I know the Android community it won't be long until someone is trying to hack Honeycomb onto it!

I am not sure if there is any Tablets with a port, which has similar hardware to the AndyPad - anyone have any ideas?

Stew

IF I decide to buy one Ill give it ago, itll either be a SDK port or one from another device,
A couple other forum members have also said they would be interested. Im just having trouble saving for one atm ;)

Posted Image

Perfect Condition Unlocked GEN 2 Blade: £75

http://android.modac...ocked-for-sale/

StuMcBill

StuMcBill

Diehard

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Devices:HTC One M8
If I had any idea where to begin, I would help you, but alas I am clueless!! :D

HTC One M8 & Nexus 7 (2013)

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
It will have to be ported from another device with a similar CPU like the Viewpad 7x. Also it will probably only support the Andypad Pro.. the normal Andypad has too small screen resolution.

Sami Beck

Sami Beck

Diehard

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

It will have to be ported from another device with a similar CPU like the Viewpad 7x. Also it will probably only support the Andypad Pro.. the normal Andypad has too small screen resolution.

And itll be a tough port which only experianced devs such as paul/flibble will be up for.

Posted Image

lilHermit

lilHermit

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:too many to list
  • Twitter:@lilH3rmit
I'm going to start by getting 2.3.4 compiled from source. I've had my Pro for a few weeks now but been working on other projects for the Andypad team. I've got a few things to work on then I'll see what I can muster up with the aide of Paul.

~

lilHermit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twitter: @lilH3rmit
Open source projects: Git
IRC: lilHermit on freenode
Market Apps: lilHermit
Donate: Buy me a beer
Download: from my website (Pro products require order numbers)
Issue tracker: http://issues.lilhermit.co.uk/

DanWilson

DanWilson

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Trololololololololol
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z // HP Touchpad
  • Twitter:@PARTAYDan

I'm going to start by getting 2.3.4 compiled from source. I've had my Pro for a few weeks now but been working on other projects for the Andypad team. I've got a few things to work on then I'll see what I can muster up with the aide of Paul.

~

You've got one? Is the stock ROM uploadable? Once I have that, I can start on the port.
Although I have been told that the AndyPad team isn't allowed to upload it yet, but it doesn't seem that you're on it.

Unless you are.. :P

HTC Desire Z - Something CM9 ish - giffgaff
HP Touchpad - AOKP? I dunno (ICS) // webOS // Debian - 30MB Interwebz

I should still be a mod. #JustSayin.

hmsq82

hmsq82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S4, iPhone5, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@hmsq82
HTC Flyer Honeycomb leaked ROM not useful at all?

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

HTC Flyer Honeycomb leaked ROM not useful at all?

Not at all.

We won't see Honeycomb on the Andy Pad.

Sami Beck

Sami Beck

Diehard

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Unless you get some hardcore dev's it will never happen, EVER. Even if it does itll be nothing like a proper honeycomb tablet.

Posted Image

newbe5

newbe5

Addict

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
The AP-Pro is a single-core processor still correct? Also, you will never see HC on the AndyPad Standard, the pro is a MAYBE. Skimming the specs, you might get away with it, but you'll be wanting a similar device to port from which you might well struggle with (on a single core A8 which I believe this is). Never say never, but to get it working correctly the Kernel will need a lot of work. To be honest with the array of tablets on the market right now, there is becoming less and less room for Non-HC tabs. AndyPad have got around this by making it REALLY cheap (although the refurb Vega's from PC World are now only £140).

If you bought one of these with the hopes of having HC to make it the device you want, you may well be disappointed, as while it's not a good idea to say NEVER to these things, the amount of work vs. the reward is very high (trust me ;) )

The shame of it is, that HC has officially killed all non-HC tablets, as developers now won't bother creating nice tablet apps that support anything lower than HC :(

newbe5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users