Bootloader issues

Guest blazer666_uk

Guest blazer666_uk

I was running [Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113 but decided to change my rom due to lack of updates. I installed another rom 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies. All seemed to work but I noticed that after the install I didnt reset the cache, so I rebooted the phone and pressed vol down to go to the menu. I hhave recovery-RA-mooncake-gen1-v2.3-CM-update_signed.zip but when the phone went to the menu everything was blank. I then rebooted back into the OS and loaded up boot manager and re-installed the CWM boot mgr again once I re-booted the phone into the CWM menu all I could see were a few jaggied words (looked like streched letters).

Can some one tell me how I can restore my phone as I am a bit stuck,

Cheers

Guest Racerboy

I was running [Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113 but decided to change my rom due to lack of updates. I installed another rom 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies. All seemed to work but I noticed that after the install I didnt reset the cache, so I rebooted the phone and pressed vol down to go to the menu. I hhave recovery-RA-mooncake-gen1-v2.3-CM-update_signed.zip but when the phone went to the menu everything was blank. I then rebooted back into the OS and loaded up boot manager and re-installed the CWM boot mgr again once I re-booted the phone into the CWM menu all I could see were a few jaggied words (looked like streched letters).

Can some one tell me how I can restore my phone as I am a bit stuck,

Cheers

I dont use RA recovery myself, it may be a configuration error as some files like backup get written to the sdcard so maybe when you`ve updated RA its not corrected things, you can try and erase the sdcard (backup files on it first) on settings menu on phone and try again to boot into RA recovery.

OR

try clockwork recovery http://android.podtw...oncake-gen1.img instead, your phone will be rooted and have Super User rights already so you should be able to install through terminal emulator on apps menu

How to install:

1.download recovery image above and rename to "recovery" and copy to root of sdcard.

2.Open terminal emulator on apps and type "su" and hit enter (this will give super user rights to the emulator) and after that type "flash _image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img"

3. Power off the phone, press and hold vol- and then press power button whilst still holding vol- clockwork recovery should present itself

i guess same process would reinstall RA recovery aswell so long as its the image version and not the .zip

Edited by Racerboy

Guest blazer666_uk

Hi

I have downloaded and installed the file you gave me and typed what you have said. As far as I can see the file installs ok after typing the commands.

I still cant get to the menu upon boot (Pressing vol down) I just get a load of stripy coloured pixels across my screen and the phone reboots, I can still boot into android but I cant access the menu at powerup (hope this makes sense)

Edited by blazer666_uk

Guest plegdroid

I have also tried the CW image too and I just get a blank screen, but again if I leave it the phone will boot up into android

take it the problem is getting recovery to work?

Guest blazer666_uk

ok do you have clockwork rom manager installed on apps menu?

Yes, that was the start of my problem it said I could update CW so I did and ever since then I cant get into its menu

Guest Racerboy

Yes, that was the start of my problem it said I could update CW so I did and ever since then I cant get into its menu

ok download this http://android.podtw...date_signed.zip copy to sdcard, now open rom manager on apps menu and find recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1-update_signed and install it....

if it fails again, remove ROM MANAGER and re-install it and try again with this method.....

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

ok download this http://android.podtwo.com/recovery/recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1-update_signed.zip copy to sdcard, now open rom manager on apps menu and find recovery/recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1-update_signed and install it....

will rom manager work with the racer? when I originally put cwm.on I had to use the seb404 ported version, the only zte on r/m is for the blade.

Guest Racerboy

will rom manager work with the racer? when I originally put cwm.on I had to use the seb404 ported version, the only zte on r/m is for the blade.

it will for putting recovery on yes, the recovery manager from seb i think only worked on 2.2, past that it fc`s all the time dont quote me on that though........... i`ll check it

EDIT yes it fc`s all the time

ok uninstall ROM MANAGER totally, reboot, and try the method i posted earlier with terminal emulator

Edited by Racerboy

Guest blazer666_uk

ok download this http://android.podtw...date_signed.zip copy to sdcard, now open rom manager on apps menu and find recovery/recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1-update_signed and install it....

if it fails again, remove ROM MANAGER and re-install it and try again with this method.....

Ok

Copied the file to SD Card, loaded up Rom Manager and under the recovery section there is "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and Reboot Into Recovery I am confused as to where to find "recovery/recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1-update_signed"

Guest Racerboy

Ok

Copied the file to SD Card, loaded up Rom Manager and under the recovery section there is "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and Reboot Into Recovery I am confused as to where to find "recovery/recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1-update_signed"

i think you missed a post

ok uninstall ROM MANAGER totally as it sounds like its installed a recovery for blade when you updated it and what caused the problem, reboot, and try the method i posted earlier with terminal emulator

Edited by Racerboy

Guest blazer666_uk

i think you missed a post

ok uninstall ROM MANAGER totally as it sounds like its installed a recovery for blade when you updated it and what caused the problem, reboot, and try the method i posted earlier with terminal emulator

Hi

There is no option to uninstall rom manager in the manage applications

Guest Racerboy

usually even if you`ve accidentally installed a recovery that isnt compatible with a device and you can still use the phone normally the terminal emulator method should work

Guest blazer666_uk

Ok, Uninstalled Rom Manager via Titanium backup.

I then rebooted the phone

loaded up terminal

Typed "su"

typed "flash _image recovery /sdcard/cwm.img" - i renamed the img file to cwm.img

then it said flashing recovery from /sdcard/recovery.img

I then closed terminal after the flash

Rebooted phone

pressed vol down on reboot and just get a black screen with nothing else.

Cheers

Guest plegdroid

back, radical thought, using the terminal method can one flash a rom? if yes flash back to stock soft root, use sebs recovery manager reinstall cwm and flash back to 2.3.5, then never use rom manager again.