Galaxy S II deodexed/zipaligned XXKH3 files

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

Samsung Galaxy S II XXKH3 (Gingerbread v2.3.4) system/app and system/framework files deodexed and zipaligned.

This also includes an expanded power menu (see image below).

This is for people who want deodexed files but want to keep their stock look and feel.

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING IN THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING.

Assumes you have rooted your phone.

post-557795-0-35962400-1314431667_thumb.

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU START IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG. VERY IMPORTANT!

1. Download the XXKH3 system-deodex.zip file XXKH3 Deodexed Files

2. unzip the system-deodexed.zip file to a local drive (you should have a system folder containg: app & framework folders)

3. using adb, do the following: (note: you should create an app & framework folder on your sdcard first)

a. adb push app /sdcard/app/

b. adb push framework /sdcard/framework/

c. adb shell

d. su

e. stop

f. mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

g. cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app/

h. cp /sdcard/framework/* /system/framework/

i. rm /system/app/*.odex

j. rm /system/framework/*.odex

k. mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

l. reboot

After the reboot it could take 2-3 minutes for the phone to completely boot as it has to refresh the dalvik cache. Have some patience at this point.

Please provide feedback as I have done extensive testing with this and have had no problems.

Okay stupid me: Forgot to add the extended power menu files to the base system (/system/framework).

Just copy the attached files to /system/framework BEFORE copying to your phone. See what happens when I hurry. You can slap me now!

Extended power-menu files

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

thanks a lot

Anytime, buddy.

Make sure you read the bottom of the post. Next time I must think first then post files. tongue.gif

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Lancez

Anytime, buddy.

Make sure you read the bottom of the post. Next time I must think first then post files. tongue.gif

LOL, a little mistake won't hurt. thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skoda60

Gary Crutcher, just used SGS2 for about a month. It was rooted with Chainfire CF-Root. But I like your extened power menu very much. Can this power menu can be activated by an icon on the screen and not by the power buttom?

My firmware now as shown as picture attached.

post-433401-0-82103800-1315206894_thumb.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Gary Crutcher, just used SGS2 for about a month. It was rooted with Chainfire CF-Root. But I like your extened power menu very much. Can this power menu can be activated by an icon on the screen and not by the power buttom?

My firmware now as shown as picture attached.

Don't know if it can be done using a widget.

Will look into it.

Guest skoda60

Thank, Gary.

Do you going to cook DXKH2 ROM with extended power menu as this thread mention: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1169443

The good points of DXKH2 were this ROM for Asia, it have malay, Thai, Vietnan and Chinese languages including keyboard.

If you can incoroporated CWM recovery in it will be ideal to me as well ad other people.

Edited by skoda60

Guest Gary Crutcher

Thank, Gary.

Do you going to cook DXKH2 ROM with extended power menu as this thread mention: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1169443

The good points of DXKH2 were this ROM for Asia, it have malay, Thai, Vietnan and Chinese languages including keyboard.

If you can incoroporated CWM recovery in it will be ideal to me as well ad other people.

I can deodex DXKH2 and add extended power menu without header - it's easy to do.

Adding CWM is another story as I have never done this before - I always use Chainfire's rom for rooting, then

flash Ninphetamin's kernel. Chainfire's rom has CWM and so does ninphetamine's.

Here is a link on how to install CWM: http://www.addictive...-android-phone/

Am downloading DXKH2 now - will take me a few days to do this as students are just starting final exams and I

have a lot of grading to do.

Edit: DXKH2 has no CSC or phone file, just a PDA file.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest skoda60

I downloaded your extended power menu and copy into base system (/system,framwork) folder, then reboot my phone. Haha, it go into boot loop on xwkf1 and dxkx2. When I used CWM restore the saved backup file, the system menu became very slugish. So I reflashed the dxkh2, then fellow CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KH3-v4.1-CWM4. Restored back from backup set with CWM and everything worked fine. I do not know what happen on those 3 files.

Edited by skoda60

Guest skoda60

I can deodex DXKH2 and add extended power menu without header - it's easy to do.

Adding CWM is another story as I have never done this before - I always use Chainfire's rom for rooting, then

flash Ninphetamin's kernel. Chainfire's rom has CWM and so does ninphetamine's.

Am downloading DXKH2 now - will take me a few days to do this as students are just starting final exams and I

I try Odia insecure curnels and used S2 root 1.3, and wash rooted successfully. ROM manager not worked due to certified errors. So can't installed CWM recovery. Ended I used Chainfire CF-Root kh3 for my dxkh2.

Guest Gary Crutcher

I downloaded your extended power menu and copy into base system (/system,framwork) folder, then reboot my phone. Haha, it go into boot loop on xwkf1 and dxkx2. When I used CWM restore the saved backup file, the system menu became very slugish. So I reflashed the dxkh2, then fellow CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KH3-v4.1-CWM4. Restored back from backup set with CWM and everything worked fine. I do not know what happen on those 3 files.

The android.policy.jar and framework.jar in DXKH2 have a quite a few differences between the XXKH1/KH3 files.

I was trying to add the power menu to DXKH2 files and am not sure it will be that easy. I saw that

DXKH2 was constructing the power menu differently in some places. Not sure if this will have

any effect on my mods.

I will test it within the next few days when I have more time.

Guest skoda60

flash Ninphetamin's kernel. Chainfire'js rom has CWM and so does ninphetamine's.

Thank Gary, take your time.

Guest skoda60

Gary,

I was very new to Android, many things you specified in the thread, I not understand:

Downloaded

2. unzip the system-deodexed.zip file to a local drive (you should have a system folder containg: app & framework folders)

Refer to PC c: drive?

3. using adb, do the following: (note: you should create an app & framework folder on your sdcard first)

Run adb from PC? Then fellow the command below?

c. adb shell

d. su

e. stop

i. rm /system/app/*.odex

l. reboot

going to flash your XXkh3 files but I was lost. Now I was on DXKH2 rooted with CF-xxKH3. I need to flash to XXkh3 first?

Edited by skoda60

Guest Gary Crutcher

Gary,

I was very new to Android, many things you specified in the thread, I not understand:

Downloaded

Refer to PC c: drive?

Run adb from PC? Then fellow the command below?

c. adb shell

d. su

e. stop

i. rm /system/app/*.odex

l. reboot

going to flash your XXkh3 files but I was lost. Now I was on DXKH2 rooted with CF-xxKH3. I need to flash to XXkh3 first?

Yes, you need to flash KH3 first, then copy the deodexed files to your phone.

Basically, you unzip the files to your PC...does not matter which drive on your PC.

Using adb, create 2 folders (app and framework) on your phone's sdcard.

Using adb, push the deodexed app files from your pc to the app folder on your sdcard. Then do the same for the framework folder.

Then continue with step c.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

@skoda

As far as a program to call the power menu without long pressing the power button, here is

what I found out:

"If you look at the source code, you'll see it's handled internally (PhoneWindowManager.java and GlobalActions.java). There is no interface whatsoever through the API. In short: Can't be done."

@skoda

As far as a program to call the power menu without long pressing the power button, here is

what I found out:

"If you look at the source code, you'll see it's handled internally (PhoneWindowManager.java and GlobalActions.java). There is no interface whatsoever through the API. In short: Can't be done."

Thank Gary, going try you KH3 soon and look forward for the DXKH2 as long as you have time.

Thank, Gary.

Do you going to cook DXKH2 ROM with extended power menu as this thread mention: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1169443

Second that, am moving to an SGS2 soon from an LG O2X; giving up waiting for L(au)G(ee) (Singaporean/Malaysian inside joke) to ever come out with a WORKING, bug-free 2.3 OS...

looks like a lot of i8000 owners are moving to SGS II :lol:

One of the best PDA phone I am using, unfortunately I still need i8000 for listen to my Chinese stories in txt file. I can't find any in Android market, even visited China web site and zero.

Yes, you need to flash KH3 first, then copy the deodexed files to your phone.

Basically, you unzip the files to your PC...does not matter which drive on your PC.

Using adb, create 2 folders (app and framework) on your phone's sdcard.

Using adb, push the deodexed app files from your pc to the app folder on your sdcard. Then do the same for the framework folder.

Then continue with step c.

I realised my PC without adb, I downloaded the whole android SDK package and the download speed was 50kb/s. I had to let the pc on download mde, sleep for me. Haha!

Guest Gary Crutcher

Thank Gary, going try you KH3 soon and look forward for the DXKH2 as long as you have time.

I am having some problems with the power menu in KH2, so I took

a break and installed XXKH4 (deodexed, with extended power menu).

Will get back to KH2 later this week when my stress level goes down from working

with the KH2 power menu. (I have deodexed KH2 files if you want them)

Let me know if you want to try KH4. xda-developers has different CSCs for use

with it at: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1075278

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

@skoda

I just figured out how to get rid of the power menu title bar.

The instructions in the link did not work and I found an easy way to do it.

Will post a new android.policy.jar for KH4 this week as we have final

exams here at school starting today and I have a lot of grading to do.