BlueGinger Custom ROM - ZTE Skate / Monte Carlo (Updated 23/09!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest wrtease

yes you have been with orange,but many people use different networks ,i like 02 and many others like other networks,agreed.but when you are stuck on orange,its no joke as i would like to insert my o2 sim in and enjoy calling ,tx and have the option of changing sim cards to what i want,at the moment people need this change,back to the real matter ,need unlock solution and we all can add as much stuff to the OMC OR SKATE by customising it with roms,themes and colours,etc.

yes you have been with orange,but many people use different networks ,i like 02 and many others like other networks,agreed.but when you are stuck on orange,its no joke as i would like to insert my o2 sim in and enjoy calling ,tx and have the option of changing sim cards to what i want,at the moment people need this change,back to the real matter ,need unlock solution and we all can add as much stuff to the OMC OR SKATE by customising it with roms,themes and colours,etc.

I agree.

Guest wrtease

okay lets try and help .1 did it work fine before you started doing root

2.when u started to install clockwork .

3.what rom was on it.

4.when did the screen turn different.

okay lets try and help .1 did it work fine before you started doing root

2.when u started to install clockwork .

3.what rom was on it.

4.when did the screen turn different.

Worked fine, everything, only not enough space in the internal memory so I thought, why not to root (rom was B01 and not B05 as stated in the forum, probably test version).

So i rooted.

Then I did not really paid attention but the droid logo at boot was upside down (I mean it was in right direction, then it changed in the middle of the boot), but then worked ok (don't remember if lock screen worked), I installed antek app manager to remove Orange softwares. Then the lock screen was not working anymore (had to take of the battery every time) so i thought it was because I uninstalled something. Reseting did not reinstalled the apps. So I figured out , why not to install clockwork mod and new ROM

So installed clockworkmod, (was upside down) and then the blue ginger ROM (boot starts fine, then droid upside down, and then everything upside down and lock screen not working). I tried with the stock ROM on the forum, same thing ...

Guest wrtease

okay sounds like its got a software issue..have you tryed cm7 on here. did you ever copy the original contents of the mobile to your pc.that would help you get it back to factory i think.i would suggest you start a new post on here and ask for dev help on a zte skate .the devs will respond back to you. the members will help you get it working better hopefully.

OK so I backup up in Clockwork mod and copied it here it is : http://www.mediafire...83m83aicyuwavck

tell me if you need anything else.

Only thing is that I had already installed everything in this forum so maybe it won't really help ...

Would be great if you find how to resolve my issues !

im sure i heard of a simaler problem when flashing a OLED rom on TFT blade or the other way round.

looks like you might have to wait for a rom dump of an unlocked skate to fix this.huh.gif

EDIT: are you doing a full wipe every time you flash the roms ?

Edited by tillaz

I am sure it is something like that yes ...

I did not try CM7 (where to find the one compatible with the skate ?)

Did not save anything before rooting (bad idea I know ...)

Should I start a new topic then ?

Guest dadashi

im sure i heard of a simaler problem when flashing a OLED rom on TFT blade or the other way round.

looks like you might have to wait for a rom dump of an unlocked skate to fix this.huh.gif

EDIT: are you doing a full wipe every time you flash the roms ?

Is it an OLED Skate? You could tell the difference straight away...

If it was you shouldn't have installed any of the roms in this Skate forum because they are only for TFT and might not have OLED files....

Having said that, if you had installed TFT files your OLED screen probably wouldn't have turned on at all.....seeing as it's upside down it must be a very low level software problem, probably due to incompatible boot files you copied on it....

I would try installing the stock Orange rom from the stickies, the GingerbreadV1 rom or the Cyanogen CM7 from here in the Skate forum,...there are no other roms for the skate anywhere

OK so i wipped everything, installed CM ROM, same thing no luck, still upside down and screen not working when I triy to lock then unlock ...

What do you think? what should I try?

I will make a new topic today then ...

Guest tilal6991

I have tried wipping and reinstalling again, no luck.

I will make a new topic once i tried the CM ROM.

Did you make a backup before you flashed a ROM ie. in stock state.

I saw for the first time the droid loading screen upside down when I applied root (even if the ROM was then ok)

So maybe it is not the ROM no?

And yes no backup, as anyway it was a early testing ROM so no point really ...

I think it is in the boot too, when I installed the root ...

I don't think it is an OLED screen (did they even did a version like that?)

Edited by plop08

Guest tilal6991

Right then you have an incompatible boot.img I think. I will compile a boot.Img that supports the device. When you applied root, the boot.Img got overwritten.

Even if it was a early production model it would have been interesting to look are the rom of an unlocked Skate :)

Right then you have an incompatible boot.img I think. I will compile a boot.Img that supports the device. When you applied root, the boot.Img got overwritten.

Even if it was a early production model it would have been interesting to look are the rom of an unlocked Skate :)

That would be great ! think it will work?

I saw for the first time the droid loading screen upside down when I applied root (even if the ROM was then ok)

So maybe it is not the ROM no?

And yes no backup, as anyway it was a early testing ROM so no point really ...

I think it is in the boot too, when I installed the root ...

I don't think it is an OLED screen (did they even did a version like that?)

is your phone still unlocked when using the stock orange rom ?

last time I checked it was unlocked (don't have an other sim card right now, but i can try tomorrow if you like)

The phone was for testing roms/apps (if you interested I can share by PM where I had it etc.)

Guest tilal6991

That would be great ! think it will work?

Think so. If the problem started with you flashing superboot to root the phone then the problem definitely exists there.

Let me confirm - does the touchscreen work for you on any ROM?

It works yes very good but it works upside down (I mean it works the way it should, but what is displayed on the screen is not in the right place)

let me explain:

In this photo I am actually unlocking the phone, the way it should, but what is displayed is not fine

p0509111109.jpg

Same goes in this photo, I am actually clicking on the Settings App the place it should be !

p0509111112.jpg

As you see the touch screen is working, but everything is displayed upside down. The other thing is that once I lock the phone, if a press the unlock button I don't see the lock screen, it stays black (but I still see light so it does something) and I can unlock without seeing (I feel the vibration) and then it remains black but it seems it is working ...

When I boot, it starts with a droid as it should then it flips upside down.

Edited by plop08