Help: how to remove apps and flash phone?

Guest Patolucas

Guest Patolucas

Hello,

I have a new HTC Wildfire S on the French operator SFR, and my phone is filled with unnecessary apps from my operator, and game demos that I can not uninstall. It uses a lot of memory.

I have checked a little bit on French sites and forums how to uninstall these applications, but I found nothing.

Could you help me remove these applications? If I need to flash the phone it's ok. But I would need a step by step tutorial because I know nothing about these things...:unsure:

This is my first Android phone, and I am far from being an expert. So it would be nice if someone could describe what I have to do step by step.

Thank you.

PS: I'm using Google translate; sorry for the mistakes.

• 1 month later...
Guest todoleo

Hello,

I have a new HTC Wildfire S on the French operator SFR, and my phone is filled with unnecessary apps from my operator, and game demos that I can not uninstall. It uses a lot of memory.

I have checked a little bit on French sites and forums how to uninstall these applications, but I found nothing.

Could you help me remove these applications? If I need to flash the phone it's ok. But I would need a step by step tutorial because I know nothing about these things...:unsure:

This is my first Android phone, and I am far from being an expert. So it would be nice if someone could describe what I have to do step by step.

Thank you.

PS: I'm using Google translate; sorry for the mistakes.

Ideally you need to root the phone and then use a free app from the Android Market called Root Uninstaller. Hopefully that should work. I haven't taken the plunge and rooted my Wildfire S yet.