• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
Update on the auto-tpting. The SDRise class in the GSF Settings.apk is the part that triggers does the stuff to call the TPT. I've not yet managed to convert the code to a working form inside the app, possibly due to different restrictions in the things that system and user apps can do (eg. SDRise uses "android.intent.action.REBOOT" to reboot the phone, which is only available to system apps, so I need to use superuser to reboot, but I don't know if it will have the same effect. Haven't managed to get it to the stage it would reboot yet though, so will need to wait and see).

On the positive side, wbaw was correct that once the code is triggered, it should use the correct Gen1/Gen2 TPT files from the image folder. I made an image.bin with cpg's ztepack and put it in the image folder then used ZTE's Storage Card Updates option in GSF. The phone rebooted and applied the TPT properly (as far as I can tell, not had any problems yet). I was also able to start the TPT directly from the app without the need for the image.bin file by calling SDRise directly. Only tested this on GSF so far, but it should work on other ZTE stock roms (the Bulgarian stock rom I downloaded for testing a few weeks back has the same code for SDRise as GSF). I looked at the code for SDRise on the CAE and Crevitus roms, and its totally different from GSF. It may turn out to work anyway, but I'll try when I get home.

Other roms are going to be more difficult. All the ones mentioned above have some kind of option for it built into the settings menu already, and they have the Tgetmem file in /system/bin. To get it working in this form on other roms will probably at least need to put Tgetmem in place if I can convert the code to work from the app. If not, it may also mean modifying the settings.apk (if thats even possible from the phone). I think I know how to get Tgetmem into place, but again it still needs testing.

I have a few more ideas I'm going to try, so I'll update with progress/failure later on.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

Alex131089

Alex131089

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

According to the market stats, there are a decent percentage of people using the app in French and other languages. If anyone wants wants to use it in a different language than English, if you send me the translations for the different strings then I can add them.

You should post a string list to translate; I could do French if I have some time.

FelixL

FelixL

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco, Moto Defy

You should post a string list to translate; I could do French if I have some time.

+1,
German!

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

+1,
German!

That would be really good. Here's the list of strings so far, I'll add more as more are added to the app.

Download a TPT
Check the md5sum of a file
Unzip a zip file
Check the image directory
Power off to start the TPT
Delete the image directory
All In One
Start TPT
Tests
Disclaimer
Use this app at your own risk. I take no responsibilty for any damage done to your phone.
Accept
Power Off
Once the phone has turned off, hold volume+ (or volume+ and menu) and press the power button to start the TPT.
Delete Image
Are you sure you want to delete the image folder and all its contents?
Deleting. Please wait...
Image folder deleted.
Low Battery
Your battery is below 25%, do you still want to start the TPT.
Standard TPTs:
Converts, but doesn\'t include a rom
All in one TPTs:
Converts and flashes rom in one go
Chose the file to check
Calculating. Please wait...
MD5sum
Checking md5sum of:
MD5sum is:
Matches expected value.
File not found
Did not find
.Would you like to download it?
Chose the zip to unzip
Unzipping. Please wait...
Unzip completed
Unzip failed
Unzip
Trying to unzip
Please enter the file name then click enter (file must be on root of sdcard)
Enter
Cannot find \'
\'. Please check and try again.
Number of files checked:
Number of md5sums matching:
Number of files not found:
Files searched for:
Files verified
Number of matches:
files not found.
file not found.
Cannot find nandroid.md5 file in image folder, please check it exists and try again.
Verifying. Please wait...
MD5 Result:
Unzip result:
MD5sum Mismatch
The md5sum does not match the expected value. Do you want to try downloading again?
Unzip failed, stopping activity.
Cannot find nandroid.md5 file in image folder, stopping activity.
Working. Please wait...
1. Download a TPT
2. Check the md5sum of the zip matches
3. Unzip the TPT
4. Check the contents of the image folder match the values in the nandroid.md5 file
5. Turn off your phone
6. Hold the volume+ (menu and volume+ on some devices) button and press the power button
If using a standard TPT:
7. Green text should appear on the screen then the phone should reboot into recovery
8. Flash your chosen rom from recovery, and reboot
If using an all-in-one TPT:
7. Green text should appear on the screen then the phone should reboot into your rom
TPT Helper
Ok
Cancel
Yes
No
Error
Other
Changelog
How to use
Download a TPT

If you get time to translate any, let me know what name you want me to use to credit you with the translations in the app.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

Alex131089

Alex131089

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Might need little changes but it's correct.
Edit: 42!

Attached Files

Edited by Alex131089, 10 September 2011 - 08:02 PM.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Might need little changes but it's correct.
Edit: 42!

Thanks very much, I'll get them added now.

I forgot a couple if you'd be able to do them too?

About
Feedback
Options

Is Alex131089 ok for giving you credit or would you like me to use a different name?

TPTs and other apps

Alex131089

Alex131089

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

About
Feedback
Options

À propos de
Commentaires ?
Options

Alex131089 is ok =)

FelixL

FelixL

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco, Moto Defy
FelixL is okay for me.
For the German version it was best to translate the "image directory" as "/image-Ordner", if you have Problems with the "/" you can change that to "Image-Ordner". "About" was translated like "About this app", if you don't like it you can change it to "Über" instead of "Über diese App". Also, "Did not find xy" would be "xy wurde nicht gefunden", to make programming easier for you I translated it to "Did not find: xy" ("Nicht gefunden: xy"). Also, I hope the äöü stuff will not make any problems.
As soon as it's included in the app and up in the market I'll check back if all translations make sense.

Attached File  German.zip   4.71KB   3 downloads

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

À propos de
Commentaires ?
Options

Alex131089 is ok =)

FelixL is okay for me.
For the German version it was best to translate the "image directory" as "/image-Ordner", if you have Problems with the "/" you can change that to "Image-Ordner". "About" was translated like "About this app", if you don't like it you can change it to "Über" instead of "Über diese App". Also, "Did not find xy" would be "xy wurde nicht gefunden", to make programming easier for you I translated it to "Did not find: xy" ("Nicht gefunden: xy"). Also, I hope the äöü stuff will not make any problems.
As soon as it's included in the app and up in the market I'll check back if all translations make sense.

Attached File  German.zip   4.71KB   3 downloads

Thanks very much guys. I just need to tidy a couple of things then I'll upload a new version.

TPTs and other apps

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
Uploaded a new version earlier on. It has the TPT mode working from the app on some roms. Confirmed working on GSF and CAE, but it should work on any ZTE rom or rom based on one of these (Swedish Spring, all the others based on the gingerbread leak/GSF). It doesn't work on CM7 or GingerBlade.

TPTs and other apps

top4ek

top4ek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (OSF)
Here's beta version of Russian translation (UTF-8)
I need exact places of each string and it's context to fix.

BTW, why downloading of TPTs made via browser?

Attached Files

ROM: CM11 Zeelog

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Here's beta version of Russian translation (UTF-8)
I need exact places of each string and it's context to fix.

BTW, why downloading of TPTs made via browser?

Thanks very much. Just checking the new TPTs then I'll upload a version with those translations added.

The TPTs are downloaded through the browser because I don't know anywhere that allows direct linking for free.

TPTs and other apps

top4ek

top4ek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Thanks very much. Just checking the new TPTs then I'll upload a version with those translations added.

Ok, then I'll check and make additions.

The TPTs are downloaded through the browser because I don't know anywhere that allows direct linking for free.

What about Dropbox? They give 2 GB for free. With this link they give additional 256 MB for your and mine accounts after you install sync application on your PC or Android device.
For example: here's my mirror of GSF b24 on dropbox. It has no redirects or any popups.

top4ek

top4ek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
As I see you've tried dropbox? When we can try? :)

I can't find translation lines for:Start TPT dialog
Options, Feedback and About menu items. Auto Power-off option in options menu too.

Also can't understand meaning of "Files searched for:"

Feature request: ability to change locale in option menu :)

Attaching fixed translation.

Attached Files

Edited by top4ek, 14 September 2011 - 05:06 PM.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

I can't find translation lines for:Start TPT dialog
Options, Feedback and About menu items. Auto Power-off option in options menu too.

Also can't understand meaning of "Files searched for:"

Feature request: ability to change locale in option menu :)

Attaching fixed translation.

Yep, for some reason I always thought you could only use dropbox if you had the app installed.

The direct downloading is working now, but for some reason the dialogs are showing weird things. I tell them to show a certain string, and its showing something completely different. I need to work out why and fix that, let you choose which file to download rather than the hard-coded one I'm testing with, then make sure it still works. If I can solve the problem with the strings, it should hopefully be ready later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

I added some more strings then forgot to add them to the list. Going to make a new one that will be easier to keep up to date and easier for people to give translations.

By changing locale in options menu, you mean choose the language for the app independently from what language the rest of the phone uses? If so, I'll have a look and see if I can add it.

TPTs and other apps

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Direct download links are added now, and updated the Russian translations. The All In One mode doesn't work right now as I'm going to rewrite it. If you want to try it you can download it here: http://db.tt/x0GajqL

TPTs and other apps

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
Sorry for the triple post.

v1.5 is uploaded now.

*Changed to direct download links
*Reworked "All In One" mode. It now includes downloading the TPTs and gives clearer feedback
*Updated Russian translations
*Some Chinese translations added

I don't know who added the Chinese translations, if it was you, please let me know so I can give you credit.

I put the strings for translation in a google spreadsheet so its easier for people to add/update them, and easier for me to add new strings to the list and to the app.

https://docs.google....&hl=en_US#gid=0

TPTs and other apps

Alex131089

Alex131089

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

https://docs.google....&hl=en_US#gid=0

Updated & spreadsheet enhanced.

wuxipaopao

wuxipaopao