157 replies to this topic

Ar_jay

Ar_jay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
hello, whenever i try to make a custom TPT it hangs on the message "unzipping, please wait" I have tried making different TPT sizes, 185MB and 190MB system but it never finished unzipping.

Am I just being impatient, should this process take a long time? Thanks

Schwinni

Schwinni

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade [Gen2] via TPT
In opposite to other posters I had no problems with my TPTed Gen1 to Gen2 Blade.

@Jesta99 I selected "TPT upgraded Gen 2"

Then I used the custom sized TPT with 2MB cache / 220 MB system.
Works perfectly with all ICS Roms...

Ar_jay

Ar_jay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
When I select gen 2 upgraded via TPT (which my phone is), when i try to make a custom TPT I dont get the downloading screen - it goes straight to unzipping and never finishes.

I have selected my phone as gen 2 stock (even though I upgraded via TPT) and it now lets me create custom TPTs. If I flash it to my phone now, will it brick it? Thanks

Schwinni

Schwinni

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade [Gen2] via TPT

When I select gen 2 upgraded via TPT (which my phone is), when i try to make a custom TPT I dont get the downloading screen - it goes straight to unzipping and never finishes.

I have selected my phone as gen 2 stock (even though I upgraded via TPT) and it now lets me create custom TPTs. If I flash it to my phone now, will it brick it? Thanks

Probably not. Normally the TPT just shouldn't be applied. But since it won't work anyway I wouldn't risk trying it.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Hi all,

Sorry for the probably idiot question, but I'm quite a newbie on flashing ROMs for my ZTE and want to avoid making mistakes...

I would like to flash "Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5) " on my ZTE Blade, European GEN1.

My understanding is that this ROM being GEN2, I first need to use TPT for upgrading it to GEN2.

What are the steps I should take on TPT ? Is there a way to directly upgrade to GEN2 and flash the ROM, or is this a 2 steps process ? Where should I put the downloaded ROM (on my SD?) and how do I get TPT to install this one ?

I didn't really find a step-by-step guide for newbies on this forum...

Thanks a lot for your answers

You can convert to Gen 2 and install the rom directly using the TPT method in the Swedish Snow thread. If you want to be able to install ICS roms later, then you might want to use a different TPT to convert to Gen 2 and then flash Swedish Snow via recovery as the Swedish Snow TPT will not give you a big enough system partition for ICS.

***EDIT - for the record.. sometimes it helps to talk - i made the new TPT for a GEN 1 - after finding a wiki on it****
***rule that applies to me... as it was a GEN 1 device - that had been TPT'd to Gen 2, i would still need a Gen 1 TPT***

Hi, i hope that someone can help me out?
I have a zte blade OLED
Blade Checker Says:
European Blade (512MB RAM) detected
TPT Upgraded Gen 2 Phone detected
Use Gen 1 style TPTs
Current Partition sizes:
System : 160 MB
Data : 294 MB
Cache : 2MB

Now.. the ICS rom i want to upgrade to is
[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 09/05]
from searching through threads ive found that people have suggested System size of 200MB - 220MB

So following advise i found your other tool
TPT Helper
Detects Blade
Detects European Blade
Now asks for Blade Gen...

By stock, my phone was a Gen1 - so i select "other" from the list

Stock Gen2
Stock Gen3
Other
Unknown

Then it asks:
Gen 1
Stock Gen 2
TPT upgraded Gen 2
Windows Upgraded Gen 2
Stock Gen 3
TPT upgraded Gen 3
Windows upgraded Gen 3
Unknown

here i dont know which option to choose as "Blade checker Says"
Use Gen 1 style TPTs

so from the 2 options do i choose?

TPT upgraded Gen 2

OR

Use Gen 1 style TPTs
Gen 1

So the other bit would be i set System to

Cache to what? 2MB (for ics?)
System to : 220 (for ics?)
System : 160 MB
Data : (will be autoset by remainder)

please advise?

Cheers and thanks for reading!

The Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs which are used on TPT upgraded Gen 2 phones are Gen 1 style TPTs. You should pick the TPT upgraded Gen 2 option (although it actually doesn't matter as its just setting the type of TPT to use and its the same for both those options). It should be clearer in the next release.

It might take a few minutes to unzip, but if its taking longer than 5/10 mins, then that seems a bit strange. The files it needs are saved to your sdcard, so if there are already there it doesn't download them again. You could try deleting the TPT Helper folder from your sdcard to download it again in case something has been corrupted.

If you try and flash a stock Gen 2 TPT and your phone isn't that type, it should just not start. Its unlikely that it could brick it, but if you don't have that type of phone then there's no reason to try in case something does happen.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

Ar_jay

Ar_jay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
You can ignore my problem, I managed to get it working by clearing the data in the app, and also going to my SD card and deleting the TPT Helper folder, then I tried again and i worked a charm.

Thanks for the app and support

sandeepkhh

sandeepkhh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I have got a major prob..pigfish says my phone came with stock gen2 and
Blade checker shows its gen 1 and wad upgraded to gen 2 through tpt....nw m un dilemma to choose tpt

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

I have got a major prob..pigfish says my phone came with stock gen2 and
Blade checker shows its gen 1 and wad upgraded to gen 2 through tpt....nw m un dilemma to choose tpt

Mr Pigfish just tells you if its Gen 1 or Gen 2, it doesn't tell you which type it is. You should use the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

Jesta99

Jesta99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco

The Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs which are used on TPT upgraded Gen 2 phones are Gen 1 style TPTs. You should pick the TPT upgraded Gen 2 option (although it actually doesn't matter as its just setting the type of TPT to use and its the same for both those options). It should be clearer in the next release.

thanks so much for the reply, i actually made a Gen1 TPT and applied it, works perfectly with ColdFusion :)
Fantastic work!

YzT

YzT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Now I have a serious problem on my ZTE.Skate, which had Cyanogenmod 7.
Under "Create your own TPT", I simply chose 2 / 150 / 288 for cache / system / data.
Shutting down and then restarting the phone using volume+ Menu leads to :

Update from T-flash card (green)
%100 Blue progress bar (blue)
Update successful (quickly disappearing)

Thereafter CWM Recovery v4.0.1.5 sits waiting at its menu.
I had expected "Restoring" messages, but no such thing.
The device doesn't reboot into the OS.
Can I still fix this somehow ? Is there anything I can do ?

The image folder on the sdcard has :
appsboot.mbn
appsboothd.mbn
boot.img
image.bin
nandroid.md5
partition.mbn
partition_zte.mbn
recovery.img
system.img

Can I still apply those files one way or another ?
Any advice ?

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
You need to flash a rom from recovery. TPTs wipe your data and current rom.

TPTs and other apps

YzT

YzT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you Amphoras for a word of advice. I'm taking the opportunity then to checkout an ICS ROM.

YzT

YzT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Should this also work from ICS ? I tried from "AOKPFusionX for ZTE Skate 15/05", but {volume+ / menu / power} boots into Team Kang again right away.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Should this also work from ICS ? I tried from "AOKPFusionX for ZTE Skate 15/05", but {volume+ / menu / power} boots into Team Kang again right away.

It should work on ICS yes. Is the image folder on the root of your sdcard, and are all the files in it ok?

TPTs and other apps

jazz5000

jazz5000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero, HTC Desire,ZTE Blade
.Please Delete

Edited by jazz5000, 19 May 2012 - 11:28 AM.

YzT

YzT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
OK Amphoras, I downloaded your b2 partitioning scheme for ZTE.Skate, had it processed nicely, and now have "AOKPFusionX for ZTE Skate 15/05" running on a 200 MB system partition ready for further exploration. Thanks a million.

leripe

leripe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
EDIT: I just failed to remember that i had upgraded my phone to gen2, so it gave a ztepack error when trying to make a tpt..

Edited by leripe, 31 May 2012 - 07:28 AM.

Current phone:

S4 mini lte

Blade III

Blade I

matt4321

matt4321

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Android (clearly)
  • Devices:Xperia T, Xoom (MZ604)
  • Twitter:@mattturnbull3
Found a bug:

When creating the TPT and it gives me the option of what splash image to use, when I choose unchanged (use my current splash image which is a custom one I made), the TPT fails. I powered off as normal then started the TPT and it all said it had gone successfully but when I powered on and used terminal emulator to see how large my partitions were it hadn't changed, I retried and the same thing happened. I don't know what lead me to believe choosing one of the splash images in the app would help, but I did, then on the third try, same partition sizes but choosing the small android logo as the splash image, it worked. Don't know if anyone else has had this issue or my phone is just weird.

Xperia T

Motorola Xoom - MZ604

ZTE Blade (Retired)

Follow Me

HumaDroid

HumaDroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Devices:DELL XCD35
Does this work on ICS now? The create your own TPT option?

Edited by HumaDroid, 16 June 2012 - 06:21 AM.

HumaDroid

HumaDroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Devices:DELL XCD35
Ok, i create my own TPT (stock GEN 2), but it creates many files in the image directory...

Also only 10 of 12 files pass the md5sum checks...

Whats wrong?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users