Everything ready to flash... but what is it with CSC??

Guest Eddie333

Guest Eddie333

Hello all O2/I8000 gurus.

Iwould like to ask you for help. I've downloaded energy rom (looks great), found there nb0 file and OCTANS mini. (Detection is working after small troubleshooting.)

I've read everithing about CSC coding and so, here:

But I have 2 questions:

Do I need to flash a new CSC file??? (I have no problem with the current screens and logos, etc. Now I have WM6.5 which SCS should be OK for Energy.OMNIA.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGlass.Jul.04...?)

And if I need a new CSC, where should one get it? (There is a lot of descriptions about name coding, etc., but nothing about download or other source...)

Sorry if my questions looks dump, but I really tried to figure it out by myself before asking...

Thanks a lot in advance.

Iwould like to ask you for help. I've downloaded energy rom (looks great), found there nb0 file and OCTANS mini. (Detection is working after small troubleshooting.)

http://www.modaco.co...g-rom-on-i8000/

But I have 2 questions:

Do I need to flash a new CSC file??? (I have no problem with the current screens and logos, etc. Now I have WM6.5 which SCS should be OK for Energy.OMNIA.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGlass.Jul.04...?)

And if I need a new CSC, where should one get it? (There is a lot of descriptions about name coding, etc., but nothing about download or other source...)

Sorry if my questions looks dump, but I really tried to figure it out by myself before asking...

Thanks a lot in advance.

I usually flash only NBO without Eboot,CSC....but You should flash a new CSC for stable.Here is the newest CSC(JJ1)

http://rapidshare.co...I8000PROJJ1.rar

Pass: samfirmware.com

Edited by kdv

Guest Eddie333

Thank you KDV.

I've flashed PDA and CSC from your link, everithing looked OK, but phone does not start! 8-O

Just logo "Samsung Omnia 2", than color sparkles formed to "X", than "Samsung" and "www.samsung.com" at the bottom of the screen and after that only black screen.

I've tried hard reset - format, confirmed, received "Done" message, but still the same...

Please HELP. Thank you!

Flashing result:

OCTANS-Mini-2011-08-31b.png

Guest Eddie333

Well, all mighty gurus all probably on the vacation, retired... or dead. Samsung-flash lama have to help itself... ;-)

After several "brickable" tries to flash Energy.OMNIA.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGlass.Jul.04 flashed with Rapid_JI1_29022_TF3D.nb0, I8000PROJJ1.csc and it works OK. (Thanks Rapid, nice ROM!)

Theoretically might be the problem incompatible eboot, or CSC...

• 7 months later...
Guest khuramToor

Well, all mighty gurus all probably on the vacation, retired... or dead. Samsung-flash lama have to help itself... ;-)

After several "brickable" tries to flash Energy.OMNIA.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGlass.Jul.04 flashed with Rapid_JI1_29022_TF3D.nb0, I8000PROJJ1.csc and it works OK. (Thanks Rapid, nice ROM!)

Theoretically might be the problem incompatible eboot, or CSC...

Hi Eddie!

I have been trying to get English rom for weeks on my Korean Omnia II (i8000) m715 but i was not able make the loader to detect the phone. Would you give me the links to the above file and step by step instructions for windows 7. I can post your guide on my website (www.writerall.com) at your behalf just to help thousands of other users. I eagerly wait for your reply.

Thanks

Khruam Toor

Guest khuramToor

Well Eddie! how to get pass this step as I am trying to by weeks just to fail? please see the other comment at the end of this post and help safe the day. :)

http://www.modaco.co...g-rom-on-i8000/

But I have 2 questions:

Thanks a lot in advance.