NEED ADVICE ON A NEW DEVICE TO BUY.

Guest wali01x

Guest wali01x

well lancez as they say what goes around comes around APPLE is just digging a hole for themselves and they don't know how deep they're digging but when times comes they'll fall in that same hole soo far that won't be able to get back up like look @ symbian. :/ prime example .. anyways lets see how things play in future for gogomoto :D In the meanwhile any new devices out there that i should be considering ? before i finalize my decision .

you could wait for the SGS III at the end of this year or the begining of next year, if patience is one of your virtues :P

seriously tho, i think there is nothing can touch SGS II for now.

Guest wali01x

you could wait for the SGS III at the end of this year or the begining of next year, if patience is one of your virtues :P

seriously tho, i think there is nothing can touch SGS II for now.

Mmm it is a virtue for me lol but question for you boss what will SGS 3 have that SGS 2 don't have yet? lol like what else can you add to SGS2 that's not there ? a game controller like Xperia Play? triple quad artitect core ? Mmm i wonder

edit: i just read about the SGS 3 and the only difference i see is that its 1.8 overclocked which is already done isn't it? and from edge to edge screen & metal construction what difference would it make to have 2 or 3 b/c 3 will look like another I PHONE 5 haha. i think id better go for SGS 2

Edited by wali01x

Guest wali01x

Thanks Lancez and im looking @ getting BELL SGS 2 but im trying to find out a method that can unlock it cause my wife works for Wal-Mart so she can get 10% discount but i wanna be 100% that i can unlock it for Rogers otherwise im f0oked :| im reading on xda forums about this but its soo not understandable in my "knowledge" :huh: :unsure:

1 of the reasons why i recommend SGS II is you can easily unlock it. why? go to market and search for chainfire's apps, there's one app called Galaxy S2 SIM Unlock, use that to unlock your phone, simple! but you do have to root your phone which is another piece of cake.

you'll never have such freedom with iphone, never :rolleyes:

edit: i have unlocked a bell SGS II when it first came out last months B) don't worry, you'll be just fine.

Guest wali01x

1 of the reasons why i recommend SGS II is you can easily unlock it. why? go to market and search for chainfire's apps, there's one app called Galaxy S2 SIM Unlock, use that to unlock your phone, simple! but you do have to root your phone which is another piece of cake.

you'll never have such freedom with iphone, never :rolleyes:

edit: i have unlocked a bell SGS II when it first came out last months B) don't worry, you'll be just fine.

Ok boss i was reading about this that on xda that chainfire's app won't work and there is a CF method u need to use or some sort i was like HUH :blink: confizzled but if you say so im gonna give it a try soon.. can't wait but the cost seems soo expensive dude ahhhh almost $500+ dollars it like AHHH damm X10 cost me 2 yrs contract with ROGERS hmm..

CFmethod is the rooting step. pretty easy,

1. find out your firmware version from setting - about phone

2. you'll see something like kernel version I9100-xxKE7, and go to chainfire's thread find kernel with same version as your phone dose.

3. download Samsung drive for your computer then install it. get Odin, then flash chainfire kernel. reboot. your phone now is rooted.

4. download that unlock app from market then run it. write down the code, insert another sim, power it back on, when phone ask for unlock code, just type in. you are good to go.

I'm writing this from my phone, so its not very detailed. feel free to ask if there's anything u don't understand.

if the bell one costs you 500+ I'd recommend you to get an euro version, for 100 more you will get everything that originally came with the phone. I know north America version will be shrinked down. just like what we have on AT&T

Guest wali01x

if the bell one costs you 500+ I'd recommend you to get an euro version, for 100 more you will get everything that originally came with the phone. I know north America version will be shrinked down. just like what we have on AT&T

hey boss what does euro version have that we don't have in north american ??

FM radio for one, and different hardwares, you'll have new updates in the first place. i have a SGS I (captivate from att) and we had to wait good 6 months before att release GB 2.3.3, if it wasn't for samfirmware.com, we are still stuck with froyo. and att will never release source code for captivate, because they are going to release a whole bunch of new phones. they want you to buy new phones instead of giving you updates.

i'm not really sure about canadian tho. you might wanna check it out before make your move. you know, before you started dating someone, :lol:

P.S. please don't call me boss, am not anyone's boss. you can call me Lance B)

edit, most important thing is the data speed, euro version can get much faster H+ on AT&T while captivate can only get crappy 3G. only iphones can get H+ on AT&T network. i forgot the term of H+, something like HSDPA or HSUPA.

Guest wali01x

hot girls! :P

OMG HOT GIRLS AHHHHH .. sorry i got 2 hot girls already.1 is my wife and second one is my daughter :) so im happy with 2 of my hot girls :) lol but yeah if you say its better i wanna take your word for it but Lance are ya able to tell me where i can buy a euro version from any websites in particular or so ? and i don't think canadian version has fm either so its probably "AMERICAS" base just remoded for canadians mm i just had a major fight with my carrier ROGERS and i tried ripping them apart for my X10 and i was soo close to winning a battle and getting a new phone but some manager ruined it :| dumba** oops sorry for bad word lol but yeah after 4 hours of being on phone with them and giving me wrong information i almost had it but then sometimes it doesn't work your way so im gonna see if i can get my X10 repaired as cheap as i can or get a motherboard and fix it up and hand iit over to my family if they want it or so and probably get a new device SGS 2 but Lance and guys are ya 100% that if i invest in this device is it worth it for sure, cause devices i see change everyday and im just bit worried on that.. thats it :)

my advice is, go to bell store and play with SGS II then make your decision. i bet you'll be impressed how good it is. i know some websites they sell SGS II but they are all in the states. i know if you buy it from the states, you'll have to pay tax. you might wanna search for canadian companies first or maybe even buy it from UK.

Guest wali01x

Ok boss im looking around and to be helpful also my dad has some mall certificates he was given as christmas gifts he has saved them up too maybe worth upto $500 so i can buy the phone with that and i don't pay a penny lol and it'd be full price but then im locked with a company so i need to find out if i can unlock without having that company's sim. is that possible ? like lancez in 2.1 or 2.3 of xperia x10 u slide it and it opens in & lets me in would SGS2 let me do that too? or lock me until i insert their sim? and yeah i agree i know SGS 2 is but i just haven't got time to play with it yet maybe sooner or later. Also lancez i shared it also a couple of times im on disability and ive been diagnosed with spinal stenosis (compression of spine with fatty tissue in lower back) L5-S1 close to buttock area so for me to go out dude and check these phones is somewhat a hassle cause i can't stand for too long or i lose balance and feel weak :( but im trying to fight & be strong anyways hopefully this weekend if not then next weekend i should havve it and you can help me start a flash party :D and for sure i'll miss trip's roms i hope he can tweak my SGS 2 while i believe he has SENSATION 4g :/ .. lets see what happens. Have you played any games or anything on it yet and is multi touch there like a 10 point touch & all i hope cause it'll help me with games also haha not much biggie on games on phone but yeah even daughter might enjoy it somewhat lol.

Ali, i am so sorry that i was being a jerk by telling you to try it out at store. please forgive me if i have offended you in anyway. :(

if you are paying the full retail price with/without contract, why they can't unlock it for you? i know T-mobile and AT&T will send you an unlock code after couple of days if you paid full retail price, not iphone tho. so i'm guessing bell or roger will be happy to unlock it for you. or you can even tell them that you will go abroad and you need to use your phone in other country. it shouldn't be a problem.

worst case scenario, if they refused to unlock it for you or the chainfire app dose not work (you have to be rooted first). i'll see if i can pull few strings to get you a code, at my expense.

Guest wali01x

Ali, i am so sorry that i was being a jerk by telling you to try it out at store. please forgive me if i have offended you in anyway. :(

if you are paying the full retail price with/without contract, why they can't unlock it for you? i know T-mobile and AT&T will send you an unlock code after couple of days if you paid full retail price, not iphone tho. so i'm guessing bell or roger will be happy to unlock it for you. or you can even tell them that you will go abroad and you need to use your phone in other country. it shouldn't be a problem.

worst case scenario, if they refused to unlock it for you or the chainfire app dose not work (you have to be rooted first). i'll see if i can pull few strings to get you a code, at my expense.

Hey Lance you didn't offend me boss, the most you're doing is helping me as a family to help unlock and all and i THANK YOU for that. i spoke to my dad to see if he can get me that phone from that mall with gift certificates so pretty soon ill have it and obiviously im gonna force virgin mobile or bell to unlock the device for me because its their responsibility if i don't want to be with them i should have that option otherwise ill try chainfire app and i know it'll work but yeah i can't wait for SGS 2 hehe soo excited about it and mm and far as fm radio my question is this how different is it to use fm radio on the phone then to use app like tune in radio app ?? im just wondering if its worth putting more money in for that..

tell your dad to ask them if they can send you an unlock code for full retail price you are paying. if they refused, then you should not be paying that much, with a contract, it only cost 200, if i'm not mistaken. as for FM radio, the euro version comes with external antanna which is located on the wired headset, so it'll consume much less battery power and without any data usage. as i stated in previous posts, euro version will get you much more than NA version. if your 500+ bucks won't set you free, why not consider a better option? you can keep those mall dollars for holiday purchases later on. just my 2 cents tho.

Guest wiley419

I noticed in the second post MIUI ONE was mentioned but nobody elaborated on it...give it a try its fully unlocked great hardware and can put any firmware on it you choose and is a bit cheaper than the what just a thought ;)