• 3,093 posts
  • Interests:My Devices:
    Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung I9100
    Samsung S8600 Bada
    Samsung I8000
    Samsung I900
    Sony Ericsson X10a
Ali, i am so sorry that i was being a jerk by telling you to try it out at store. please forgive me if i have offended you in anyway. :(

if you are paying the full retail price with/without contract, why they can't unlock it for you? i know T-mobile and AT&T will send you an unlock code after couple of days if you paid full retail price, not iphone tho. so i'm guessing bell or roger will be happy to unlock it for you. or you can even tell them that you will go abroad and you need to use your phone in other country. it shouldn't be a problem.

worst case scenario, if they refused to unlock it for you or the chainfire app dose not work (you have to be rooted first). i'll see if i can pull few strings to get you a code, at my expense.

wali01x

wali01x

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Devices:x10a

Ali, i am so sorry that i was being a jerk by telling you to try it out at store. please forgive me if i have offended you in anyway. :(

if you are paying the full retail price with/without contract, why they can't unlock it for you? i know T-mobile and AT&T will send you an unlock code after couple of days if you paid full retail price, not iphone tho. so i'm guessing bell or roger will be happy to unlock it for you. or you can even tell them that you will go abroad and you need to use your phone in other country. it shouldn't be a problem.

worst case scenario, if they refused to unlock it for you or the chainfire app dose not work (you have to be rooted first). i'll see if i can pull few strings to get you a code, at my expense.

Hey Lance you didn't offend me boss, the most you're doing is helping me as a family to help unlock and all and i THANK YOU for that. i spoke to my dad to see if he can get me that phone from that mall with gift certificates so pretty soon ill have it and obiviously im gonna force virgin mobile or bell to unlock the device for me because its their responsibility if i don't want to be with them i should have that option otherwise ill try chainfire app and i know it'll work but yeah i can't wait for SGS 2 hehe soo excited about it and mm and far as fm radio my question is this how different is it to use fm radio on the phone then to use app like tune in radio app ?? im just wondering if its worth putting more money in for that..

Lancez

Lancez

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts
  • Interests:My Devices:
    Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung I9100
    Samsung S8600 Bada
    Samsung I8000
    Samsung I900
    Sony Ericsson X10a
tell your dad to ask them if they can send you an unlock code for full retail price you are paying. if they refused, then you should not be paying that much, with a contract, it only cost 200, if i'm not mistaken. as for FM radio, the euro version comes with external antanna which is located on the wired headset, so it'll consume much less battery power and without any data usage. as i stated in previous posts, euro version will get you much more than NA version. if your 500+ bucks won't set you free, why not consider a better option? you can keep those mall dollars for holiday purchases later on. just my 2 cents tho.

wiley419

wiley419

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia X10
I noticed in the second post MIUI ONE was mentioned but nobody elaborated on it...give it a try its fully unlocked great hardware and can put any firmware on it you choose and is a bit cheaper than the what just a thought ;)

wiley419

wiley419

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia X10
http://miuiandroid.c...specifications/

Here are the specs to me sounds pretty bad ass all for 310$ us....I personally would go that route if I were to give up my x10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users