Navie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000

Thanks !

How is your battery life then ?

Also is anyone else using Google music ?

My battery life is better but not as good as when I was using the Blueginger rom, CM7 seems to use alot of battery. Btw...I don't use fancy animations and have the majority disabled as that can impact battery.

plop08

plop08

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

My battery life is better but not as good as when I was using the Blueginger rom, CM7 seems to use alot of battery. Btw...I don't use fancy animations and have the majority disabled as that can impact battery.

Most of my battery goes down when I do not do anything so I don't what is going on ... and when I listen music ...

Tilal as you made this CM7 build, any idea ? what settings to use ?

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150

Most of my battery goes down when I do not do anything so I don't what is going on ... and when I listen music ...

Tilal as you made this CM7 build, any idea ? what settings to use ?

I really don't know - my battery life has gone down as well compared to BlueGinger. I will try and see if I can fix it but right now I'm really focused on unlocking this darn phone.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

plop08

plop08

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

I really don't know - my battery life has gone down as well compared to BlueGinger. I will try and see if I can fix it but right now I'm really focused on unlocking this darn phone.

Yeah I saw that ahah !

Good luck !

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 + 10 + Asus Fonepad

If the Skate uses the same proximity sensor as the Blade then there was a recent fix in the kernel source (1 day ago). Without that fix I think that the wake lock used by the proximity sensor is not always cleared and that would prevent the phone from going to sleep (= battery drain). Not sure if this is the reason but I though it was worth mentioning.

Blog - App

plop08

plop08

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

If the Skate uses the same proximity sensor as the Blade then there was a recent fix in the kernel source (1 day ago). Without that fix I think that the wake lock used by the proximity sensor is not always cleared and that would prevent the phone from going to sleep (= battery drain). Not sure if this is the reason but I though it was worth mentioning.

So disabling the proximity sensor should help ?

Not sure if you can thought ..

plop08

plop08

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
Ok i wanted to thank you for all this, I am taking the phone for a week trip. I won't be able to help you if you need more from me for the unlock before end of next week.

My only concern now with this ROM is battery life as it is really really bad.

EDIT: I tryed this http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=675136 I'll tell you how it works (it was on WCDMA preferred i have put GSM auto PRL)

EDIT2: has I had 10% drown in 15 minutes i got back to wcdma preferred but i don't know ...

Edited by plop08, 15 September 2011 - 12:27 PM.

DB006

DB006

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:OMC (ZTE Skate) + LG GT540 2.1
Does re-calibrating the proximity sensor not help?

Dial pad *983*0# then scroll down to sensors

Posted Image

plop08

plop08

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
This code does not work in my phone, i don't know why but I could recalibrate in the ZTE Skate settings app (don't know why it is here). It did not help.
Main issue is when listening to music and when on 3G as drains it so fast i don't know why (even in idle)

Should I recalibrate Battery (taking out the file in data/system) ?

Edited by plop08, 15 September 2011 - 11:26 AM.

plop08

plop08

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
I don't get it, already 8% gone in 11 minutes ...

10% in 15 minutes ...

It probably has to do with the fact that it is a testing phone ... even with 1400 battery.

I even underclocked the CPU to 480mhz ...

EDIT: 19% down in 1h30 not doing anything ...

Edited by plop08, 15 September 2011 - 01:39 PM.

plop08

plop08

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi all, I come again for help, if you can help me after reading this it would be appreciated !

First I would like to thanks Tilal and kallt_kaffe for their help as the device is working indeed.
I am using CM7 version made by tilal for me

I have one major issue with the device, it is the battery life. If I don't activate data, only GSM, I can make 16-20h maybe, with data it is less than 10H, even 6h or less, even if I don't use it ...

- I have gmail+ 2 mails synching and some apps like google +, fancy widget for the weather and the google apps (including google music).

- I tried recalibrating the battery, but no luck.

- The CPU is underclocked to 480 mhz all the time (and 245 if no activity)

- when listening to music (not streaming) it seems to drain even faster

What should I do ? 6h of a phone not doing anything is not really usable. should I try wipe again all reinstall ROM and Kernel to see if it works better? Battery usage does not show that there is an app that is using all the battery life. Even in plane mode it is not great ... (should last for days ...)
Should I change ROM (could be the best solution) and if so can someone help me as my device as a different screen and a flipped screen and I have no idea how to get it to work and how tilal and kallt_kaffe made it work.

Thank you for your help if you can help me, that would be awsome!

stiefanu

stiefanu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate

I don't get it, already 8% gone in 11 minutes ...

10% in 15 minutes ...

It probably has to do with the fact that it is a testing phone ... even with 1400 battery.

I even underclocked the CPU to 480mhz ...

EDIT: 19% down in 1h30 not doing anything ...

I use setcpu for root user with CM7 and i love that program! i created a profile that underclock the cpu to 122mhz when the screen goes off. It's a bit slow when you press the unlock hardware key, but i left it for five hours and the battery was at the same level (%) as before!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users