• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:O2 XDA Mini S

How to install a Custom ROM

1.) Download Gingerbread: http://vache-android....php?fileID=124
2.) Extract the "acer_ug" folder from the zip file on your SDCard
(optional) : Reboot in recovery and wipe all/factory reset
3.) Power off your phone
4.) Boot to SD Download Mode with Camera / Vol- / Power (the phone will vibrate 3 times)
5.) Wait until it has finished, the phone will reboot
6.) Activate USB debugging on your phone.(How to)
7.) Plug your phone to your computer with your USB cable
8.) Download Recovery 3.0: http://vache-android....php?fileID=125
9.) Unzip the "RecoveryMT-3.0" folder from the zip file
10.) Launch "install_recovery.cmd"
11.) Download your custom ROM e.g. http://android.modac...y-301-05112011/ and copy and paste either files onto the SDCard
12.) Boot into recovery mode using Volume Up + Focus + Power
13.) Select 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset' (don't wipe the SD Card).
14.) Go back and select 'Install .zip from SDCard' and browse to the ROM file, confirm.
15.) Enjoy.

At step 10 Launch "install_recovery.cmd" when run the program is cannot see my phone. I note the first thing the command script says is "on your computer install Acer driver" but I don't know what this is.

If I skip step 10 then at step 14 I get
Install /sdcard …
Finding update...
Opening update package...
Verifiying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

In post 106 akasma74 said "boot in recovery, go to "Other" and select "signature" (last string in Recovery 2.2), then go back to "Flash zip" but I can't see the "other" option. (I'm sure this is because I had to skip step 10 but I'm asking here in case it's not)

Please help

Update - I realised I had never installed Acer active sync on my PC thus it didn't have the drivers i required. Once I'd installed Acer active sync everything worked like a dream. Thanks to the OP for this thread.

Edited by Bouncypete, 22 April 2012 - 11:07 AM.

met4ller87

met4ller87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:liquid metal
hi, with every rom that I tried (azure, t&l, gingerounay) i had and i still have a strange bug: when i lock the screen, sometimes the screen turns on for few seconds (2-3) and after it turns off - and approx it happens also 3-4-5 times per minute !!!
I tried different kernels (1.2, 1.3a, 1.3b, 1.3c, and now 1.5) but nothing changes.
Probably it's an installed app that brings this problem ( normally I restore apps with Appmonster directely from SD) , I thought could be a link with the app "screen off and lock" - that lock the screen with a widget, I uninstalled it and after wipes the bug still remain.

I don't know what can be the source of this boring bug; maybe if I list my apps, can you help me finding the "intruder" ?? :)

Thanks and nice forum! ;)

Edited by met4ller87, 27 July 2012 - 01:08 AM.

liqMT

liqMT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid MT
Just an idea as I'm very newb in all that android thing. You could try to use the "Permissions" app to dig. Maybe something related to WAKE_LOCK or VIBRATE. Again this this just an idea. For me I completly disabled the vibror with standard options (I mean "not with Permissions") and I never met your symptom.

Mtman1

Mtman1

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Devices:Liquid MT
Just out of curiosity, do you use a different lockscreen (go locker, Holo locker, etc) or do you use the stock lockscren?

Edited by Mtman1, 27 July 2012 - 07:39 AM.

met4ller87

met4ller87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:liquid metal
yes I use the classic lock screen.
one times I used "screen off and lock" and also " but now I haven't both !!

billtc

billtc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

How to install a Custom ROM

6.) Activate USB debugging on your phone.(How to)
7.) Plug your phone to your computer with your USB cable
8.) Download Recovery 3.0: http://vache-android....php?fileID=125
9.) Unzip the "RecoveryMT-3.0" folder from the zip file
10.) Launch "install_recovery.cmd"

How to Root Non-Rooted ROM's

1.) Follow steps 6-10 of 'How to install a custom ROM above. Note: If your PC doesn't recognize the phone then you may need to install Acer Sync.
2.) Download this and copy it onto your SDCard.
3.) Now turn off the phone and boot into recovery mode Volume Up + Focus + Power (For ClockworkMod).
Down + Focus (Press Camera button Gently) + Power for AmonRA.
4. Choose 'install .zip from SD Card' and find the Superuser.zip install and reboot.

Trying to follow this guide to root my stock LiquidMT (android version 2.3.; Build Number: Acer_LiquidMT4.000.07_EMEA_GEN1; Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-perf). Happy-ish with stock Gingerbread but getting fed up with lack of space so would like to root so I can use Link2SD.

The only problem is I can't complete step 8 (Download Recover 3.0) as Vache's site is gone (perm offline). Is there any other method I can use? I just need to root. Thanks

SirrahCR

SirrahCR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid MT S120
Where has Vache gone? Links all down so presumably his site is down. Does anyone have the latest files?

kent05

kent05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal S120

Where has Vache gone? Links all down so presumably his site is down. Does anyone have the latest files?

here you go
http://vache-android...artphones/S120/

Fermat

Fermat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid MT
hi guys!
i have some problems with my LiquidMT, I installed Gingerounay+Technolover kernel (tried both 1.3a & 1.5) without ad2sdx... it works, but after some seconds it seems freezed and reboot automatically... unusable!

furthermore i can't install gingerounay or any other rom without Technolover kernel (also MIUI 2.4.6 has the same issue)

ecaulfie

ecaulfie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and incredibly new at this whole custom ROM business, but I think I have a pretty good idea of what I need to do. My problem now is that almost every website links to vache's website, which seems to be down  :( Does anybody have any fresh links to the most recent files I would need (latest gingerbread, custom recovery, and custom rom)? I currently have custom recovery 2.2 and Gingerbread 2.3.6 installed and so was trying to install Gingeroonay 3.0.1 but when I did it told me I was missined /system/lib/libdsprofile.so. Any tips would be most welcome :)

E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users