[Guide] FastBoot Recovery For Racer

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

No. The green droid does not show up. Mobile continuously gets rebooted with out getting on to green droid.

what rom/recovery did you have on your phone prior to this happening?also can you still access the phone other words does it load to desktop and functions ok?

Edited by Racerboy

Guest wicky feat

After the official 2.1 stock rom, I've installed 2.3.4 v1.111 and then i've installed 4pda 2.3.5. Now i am having recover 4.0.1.5 Gen1. But i've never used fastboot before. Just checked it now and not working.

Yes, the mobile is working fine with recovery and boots to desktop.

Edited by wicky feat

Guest Racerboy

After the official 2.1 stock rom, I've installed 2.3.4 v1.111 and then i've installed 4pda 2.3.5. Now i am having recover 4.0.1.5 Gen1. But i've never used fastboot before. Just checked it now and not working.

let me get this straight so your phone works fine, loads to desktop and functions ok and the recovery CWM works fine, but fastboot mode does not and you want to know why?

need this info to make sense of things here

EDIT: just seen your edit :)

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

I wanted to flash 2.2 gen2 official rom. so it should be done through fastboot. I am having DELL XCD28

hmm, having fastboot is kinda essential for that, have you taken the battery out for 10 secs then tried with vol+ and power button?

Guest wicky feat

hmm, having fastboot is kinda essential for that, have you taken the battery out for 10 secs then tried with vol+ and power button?

yes, i've tried that and same result.

Guest Racerboy

ok tried download THIS its cwm 4.0.0.8 .update file, copy to sdcard and reboot into cwm, goto "install zip from sdcard" then choose zip from sdcard and install clockwork-4.0.0.8-mooncake-gen1.....i think it may correct an error on recovery somewhere......tell us what happens :)

Guest wicky feat

ok tried download THIS its cwm 4.0.0.8 .update file, copy to sdcard and reboot into cwm, goto "install zip from sdcard" then choose zip from sdcard and install clockwork-4.0.0.8-mooncake-gen1.....i think it may correct an error on recovery somewhere......tell us what happens :)

Now the droid shows up correctly, but when i type adb devices it wont show any devices..

No, i've never tried Fast boot before.

Edited by wicky feat

Guest Racerboy

it probably wont work as bootloader i think is a seperate hidden partition from the recovery and space for your OS but still its worth a try, if this fails then my knowledge on this has ended, hopefully someone else can shed more light on your problem, it could be the fact that if its brand new zte could have change partitions on it to prevent this maybe..............have you had it working before?

Guest Racerboy

Now the droid shows up correctly, but when i type adb devices it wont show any devices..

oh great :) just need to install the correct drivers on your computer which are in the download on 1st post of this thread, if your using win7 just check for updates manually on control panel with the phone connected in fastboot mode

also your need android sdk

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Once you`ve successfully installed the drivers you can check this by going on device manager on your computer, your phone should be listed as "Fastboot Interface" under "ADB Interfaces".

when you have the above shown, try this

put phone into fastboot mode and connect usb to computer, wait a couple of seconds until you hear the usb connection sound from comp

open cmd

adb reboot recovery

or

adb reboot

both should work

Edited by Racerboy

Guest wicky feat

Installed drivers and sdk, ADB Interface is showing up on device manager.

But "adb devices" shows nothing.

List of devices attached as empty.

Even tried "fastboot devices" it shows "? fastboot"

Edited by wicky feat

Guest Racerboy

Installed drivers and sdk, but still adb devices not working

when you type adb devices does it show list of devices "error no devices" or is it blank ?

and do these commands work

adb reboot

adb reboot recovery

Guest wicky feat

when you type adb devices does it show list of devices "error no devices" or is it blank ?

and do these commands work

adb reboot

adb reboot recovery

It is blank. when i tried with "adb reboot" it says " error: device not found"

Guest Racerboy

It is blank. when i tried with "adb reboot" it says " error: device not found"

ok turn phone on properly and let it load then connect it to comp wait for usb sound and check device manager for "ADB Interfaces" and also any unknown devices that may be missing right click on them and update driver.........then check again cmd then adb devices, should see racer........ unplug usb shutdown phone hold vol+ and press power button plug usb back in wait for usb sound check device manager for "ADB Interfaces" and also any unknown devices that may be missing right click on them and update driver.......now try adb devices

adb reboot recovery

adb reboot

Guest wicky feat

ok turn phone on properly and let it load then connect it to comp wait for usb sound and check device manager for "ADB Interfaces" and also any unknown devices that may be missing right click on them and update driver.........then check again cmd then adb devices, should see racer........ unplug usb shutdown phone hold vol+ and press power button plug usb back in wait for usb sound check device manager for "ADB Interfaces" and also any unknown devices that may be missing right click on them and update driver.......now try adb devices

adb reboot recovery

adb reboot

Tried all the things you stated. After getting into desktop "adb devices" shows the device as racer and adb reboot cmd also works, but it is still not working while in fastboot.

when i give cmd " fastboot reboot" it is working but "adb reboot" is not working and even "adb devices" not shows device.

Edited by wicky feat

• 3 weeks later...
Guest racer noob

i tried to press and hold the power button and vol + but its not working...the green android dont stay and straight to the zte boot animation...how to do??

Guest equiliym

i tried to press and hold the power button and vol + but its not working...the green android dont stay and straight to the zte boot animation...how to do??

hold vol+ longer

• 2 months later...
Guest George_red_storm

i have problem with my racer. my Racer it displayed FTM in large black letters in the middle of a white screen. ican' t do nothing...pls help...

Edited by George_red_storm

Guest kman12041

i have problem with my racer. my Racer it displayed FTM in large black letters in the middle of a white screen. ican' t do nothing...pls help...

Do you hold vol up or vol down?

• 2 months later...
Guest ic3141

adb reboot recovery

adb reboot

Hi, im new to this site. Tried your method but doesn't work as the LED will turn off and the phone goes to normal boot after that. I flashed cm7_2.3.7_Racer and tried to install goggle apps but when wanted to boot into recovery, green android pops and stays locked. As i said, if use +volume will not make any difference but boot normally. Any suggestion, beside using ftp flasher? Thanks