Beat this

Guest david_dawkins

Guest marc1974

It sure is an amazing phone, but in all honesty your previous phone set the bar pretty low. I traded up from an iPhone 4 and I'm amazed how good the Galaxy S2 is in comparison tongue.gif

i came from a nokia 5800, so it was like jumping a whole country in terms of, well everything :L

but yeh the phone is just phenomenal, its the first android ive seen in which my friends dont think its geeky and actually really want it! (i know, android isnt geeky at all...)

and im 15, so wen one friend think somethings crap, they all do!

I came from a Nokia N97, you don't get a much worse phone experience than those things.

Agreed. I bought the San Francisco / ZTE Blade back in Jan rather than face another 6 months with the N97.

Last 4 Phones:

Nokia N95 8Gb

Nokia N97

San Fran / ZTE Blade

Galaxy S2

I had a Nokia E71 which was amazing for texting but felt dated in other areas.

Then I bought an iPod Touch 4 to supplement me.

Then I switched to a San Francisco and got blown away by android compared to iOS.

Then I finally sold them all and bought a Galaxy S2 which is incredible.

Guest david_dawkins

It sure is an amazing phone, but in all honesty your previous phone set the bar pretty low.

It sure did, hence the reason for posting - I still think I made the greatest leap from low-end Android to top-end! Am pleased to hear that people coming from higher-end phones still appreciate the S2.

If only we could get TV OUT through the 3.5mm like the S1. I know there's an adapter for the HDMI socket, but still..

Edited by david_dawkins

Guest huntleth

I came from a Nokia N97, you don't get a much worse phone experience than those things.

I'll agree with this, my girlfriend had one. Dropped signal, keyboard didnt work, lock button fell out, sent multiple texts, sent texts from MONTHS ago despite her having deleted them (!) and so on. Honestly the worst phone i have ever picked up!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest naniteboy

So I went from a Huawei Pulse to a Galaxy S2.. can anyone beat that in terms of android experience improvement?! This is just an amazing phone.

Same here - I just got my SGS2 White (ordered black one, but waited for so long that whites came along :))

Pulse is already stored - probably will give it away - but this new baby is A M A Z I N G! :D

True I have it exactly 5 hours now so I'll see how I feel about it in a week - but I don't even remotely think it will give me so much c*ap as Pulse did lately :D

Just one question - as a seasoned rooter/rom tester - is it really worth to change ROMs on such a powerfull device in order to squeeze even more from it?

Guest le_lutin

The custom roms aren't really about getting more performance. It's more a case of getting slightly different functionality. Like removing the shutter sound, or removing the functionality which disables the camera when the battery is low. Or disabling the home screen button lag. I use cognition rom and time it to be fantastic, but not really a difference in terms of performance (but that's not why I flashed to it).