HTC announces the HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio

Guest PaulOBrien

sensationxe.png

HTC has officially announced the HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio. And it looks hot! ;)

The press release is brief (and pasted below), but highlights include a new 1.5GHz Dual Core processor, enhanced battery life and, of course, Beats by Dr. Dre in-ear headphones in box which feature a remote control, allowing you to pause, play or skip through tracks and answer/end calls while the phone is in your pocket.

It looks pretty nice, but i'm not sure owners of the original Sensation, which has not long been on the market, will be that impressed... thoughts?

P

HTC AND BEATS INTRODUCE NEW HTC SENSATION XE™, THE FIRST PHONE WITH INTEGRATED BEATS AUDIO™

New 1.5 GHz dual core processor and longer battery life extend the

HTC Sensation XE’s sophistication and overall experience.

TAOYUAN, TAIWAN – September 14, 2011 – HTC Corporation, a global designer of mobile devices, today unveiled the new HTC Sensation XE – the first in a new line of HTC smartphones to feature Beats Audio technology to deliver studio quality audio. Taking HTC’s flagship handset to a new level of high fidelity audio, the HTC Sensation XE offers consumers the ultimate multimedia experience, setting a new standard for audio quality in the mobile market. In addition, the HTC Sensation XE boosts performance and battery life even further with the addition of a blazing fast 1.5GHz dual core processor and an extended battery that enables you to listen, watch, speak and browse for even longer.

“Audio is a crucial part of any consumer’s mobile experience and we are continually pushing the audio boundaries to encompass not only improved voice but music, movies and games,” said Jason Mackenzie, president of global sales and marketing, HTC Corporation. “The HTC Sensation XE offers a truly incredible experience that demonstrates our commitment to place consumers at the center of their mobile worlds.”

The ultimate audio experience

The HTC Sensation XE is the first handset to offer a Beats Audio experience — a combination of software & hardware that allows you to hear music the way the artist intended. When used with the exclusive Beats by Dr. Dre in-ear headphones, the handset automatically switches to the bespoke Beats by Dr. Dre sound profile, delivering audio tracks tuned specifically for the headphones.

Whether you are using any of the many music services available in the Android market you will notice fuller bass and crisper vocals and a new level of clarity and range offering audio the way the artist intended it to be heard.

Beats Headphones

The HTC Sensation XE also ships with a microSD card (8GB/16GB) allowing you to carry thousands of songs. The exclusive Beats by Dr. Dre in-ear headphones feature a remote control, allowing you to pause, play or skip through tracks and answer/end calls while the phone is in your pocket.

Availability

HTC Sensation XE will be available across EMEA and Asia Pacific from late September.

sensationxe2.png

So they've reset the CPU from the Sensation to it's native 1.5GHz, added Beats buds and red accents? Doesn't look that much better than the stock one tbh. And no doubt the ROM will make it to the stock Sensation anyway.

When they say 'hardware and software' I'm guessing software tweaks and the headphones - I can't see the phone having changed hardware internally but until it's released I doubt we'll know

My Sensation is already running at 1.5GHz and I don't listen to music on my phone so I don't see the appeal - no doubt the Justin Bieber fans will lap this up!! :D

Edited by EddyOS

I think it is a stinky trick( or should I say Sony Ericsson strategy) to sell the same phone with minor changes such as diffident ear-buds and a bit different look . By the way there are much better and cheaper ear buds and headphones out there..

Here is a list (because I know you will ask me what is better ?!):

Phiaton MS 400s (around 240$ amazing sound, I use them at the moment)Ultrasone hfi-580 (around 180$)

Shure 750dj (less then 200$)

Audio-Technica ATH M50 (around 170$)

I have, all 4 and I still own dr dre beats pro the black ver,

They are nice but I am sick of changing/charging the battery and the sound isn't that grate for me and I hate having fingerprints on my toys. I prefer using my Phiaton MS 400s.

Please don't kill me over this, I just expressed my personal opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest masterpfa

Great phone and great idea with the packaging. OK some may look upon it s a gimmick etc. but appealing to those who are looking for a high end phone or an upgrade, surely this phone is worthy of some consideration. It's not to say they have removed anything from the original specs, so for those who would have considered the Sensation in the first place, here we have a win win.

Personally I am not in the position for an upgrade or really in need of a new phone, happy with my HTC Desire HD running the Runnymede ROM and Beats Audio (which sound good via my Beats Solo HD headphones). But had I been in the position of considering a new phone the Sensation XE and recently released Sensation XL who both be at the top of my "Wish List"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.