• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

hazard69

hazard69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:sony ericsson x10i , zte v9
i found an app in the market called linux installer. does anyone reckon we could get it working on the v9??? i would love to get ubuntu or some other linux working.

https://market.andro...la.LinuxInstall

lefffen1

lefffen1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I also found this app a couple of days ago and got it working with debian squeeze on my light, using AndroidVNC to get the GUI.
I mostly followed this guide http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1129803 as well as the tutorial from the app itself.

good luck !

edit: forgot to add that my tablet is running kallt_kaffe's CM7 Rom, not sure if it works on stock.

Edited by lefffen1, 15 September 2011 - 03:37 PM.

hazard69

hazard69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm running the same rom so ill follow that guide cheers

hazard69

hazard69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i cant connect to the vnc viewer thing so i can use/see linux any ideas?

lefffen1

lefffen1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Did you follow the guide I linked without any errors? Can be a lot of things I guess and I don't know how far you got.

One thing I probably should have mentioned is that instead of typing linuxboot , as in that guide I had to type linuxchroot .

So where it says linuxboot type linuxchroot or if you entered any other name in the linux installer app use that command.

Verify Install Works
Apps > Terminal Emulator > Type: su > Enter > Grant Permissions > Type: linuxboot > Enter
You should get a string of code then get something like:
root@Linux-ARMEL:/

Do you get "root@Linux-ARMEL:/" if you type that?

Another thing I have noticed is that my temp connections I have set up doesn't always get deleted automatically, so I have to either delete them manually or change the port in androidVNC everytime I want to connect.

In Terminal emulator after running the script it says "New 'X' desktop is Galoula-ARMEL:Number". In androidVNC change port to whatever number that is, so for ex if number is 3 then port will be 5903 instead of 5901.

Edited by lefffen1, 22 September 2011 - 09:23 PM.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade
Just build for arm

xrdp (With X11rdp Xserver)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users