CWM on galaxy s2?

Guest Adam:)

hey guys, im currently running the lite'ning rom on my s2, and im thinking of switching to alienware, but that switch requires cwm, and im not sure how to get it on my phone.

I tried to access it throught to shut down menu (by clicking recovery) but then everything i select wit the power button just brings up the rom manger icon, and nothing else? i also tried the rom manger version and same thing except this time a triangle wit a ! comes up, wit a android logo next to it.

do i need to flash another cwm, maybe through odin?

thanks for help :)

Adam

Guest Gary Crutcher

hey guys, im currently running the lite'ning rom on my s2, and im thinking of switching to alienware, but that switch requires cwm, and im not sure how to get it on my phone.

I tried to access it throught to shut down menu (by clicking recovery) but then everything i select wit the power button just brings up the rom manger icon, and nothing else? i also tried the rom manger version and same thing except this time a triangle wit a ! comes up, wit a android logo next to it.

do i need to flash another cwm, maybe through odin?

thanks for help :)

Adam

If you install ChainFires kernels (which are stock kernels) you also get CWM.

Or, you could try the Android Market which has CWM.

If you install ChainFires kernels (which are stock kernels) you also get CWM.

Or, you could try the Android Market which has CWM.

u mean rom manger off the market?

will this work...http://www.inspiredgeek.com/2011/06/16/install-clockworkmod-4-0-0-2-cwm-recovery-for-samsung-galaxy-s2-ii-how-to/

i am runing litening rom.

thanks for ur help :)

wat changes will this kernel bring?

except cwm?

thanks.

Your phone was rooted, it came with CWM, busybox and superuser. You can freely access to the system area with none restriction on programs installed into SGS2. especially those like sreenshoot, adfree which required root permission etc.