What next after the Skate?

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Hi all

Mushroom_lord asked what ZTE has in the pipeline to follow the Skate. Here's the official ZTE response:

"The Skate or (Monte Carlo, announced on Orange) is in essence the Hero Device for Q4 this year. ZTE are commited to further developing the portfolio, to provide rich feature devices (Hero Products) in partnership with strategic partners ie Google(Android) and Microsoft(Windows Mobile). The announcement of "Hero" devices is strictly controlled and timed to align with marketting and PR events in collaberation with our partners and customers."

Guest putbinoot

Well I give you some tips for free Your next phone needs to have both charge point and audio point in the bottom so it can be plugged straight into a dock / cradle. You need to be able to power it on by touching the front of the phone ie when its in a waterproof cradle. You need to develop a cradle that with the addition of some parts works in all the following environments whilst being charged and giving out audio or taking in data. House / desk which converts to car cradle which with a front cover converts to motorcycle / outdoor use cradle. Do that and you will leave all the big boys behind, HTC is only now realising to put the charge and audio on the bottom, in my opinion the Iphone is as much a success because of how it is plugged into things. You need to make the phone and some peripherals yourself to sell it as a life style device not just a phone. And one more thing that cradle has to adapt to except your phone while in or out of a skin. Do you want me to buy your phone, well sell it to me along with the other things and you make more than just profit on your phone.

For me the Skate was SUCH a disappointment after all the waiting I certainly am not waiting for the replacement for it to come along.

I'm going to buy an MI-ONE when I can get my hands on one, now IF ZTE could make a similar spec phone for a similar price $310 for an unlocked phone with a 1.5Ghz dual core cpu 1Gb ram and 4Gb rom then I'd definitely buy it

But

The spec of the Skate was WAY TOO weak,if this was Jan 2011 maybe it would be ok, but its not.

The only good thing about the Skate was the size of the screen.

Mi-ONE specs (so you know what to aim for with the next phone) AND it's only $310

Hardware:

- Unlocked bootloader!

- Android 2.3.5 pre-loaded (MIUI ROM)

- Sharp capacitive 4 inch screen at 480 x 854 res 16:9

- Dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S3 (MSM8260)

- 4GB ROM

- 1GB RAM

- Up to 32GB Micro-SD card support

- 8MP Rear Camera

- Noise-cancelling microphone

- 1930mAH battery! +30% on standard 1500mAH

- GPS (U.S. GPS and Russian GLONASS;)

- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and Bluetooth connectivity

- 266MHz Adreno220 GPU

- 125 * 63 * 11.9 (mm)

- GSM / WCDMA bands

Other specs:

- x3 Capacitive touch buttons (Menu, Desktop, Back  key)

- Side USB (micro) port

- Volume button (side)

- Powerbutton (side)

- MI-Button (Customisable button for application of your choice)

- 149g weight

Accessories:

- Interchangable back covers in variety of different colours. (currently 7 with more to follow)

- Other “MI” Accessories to be launched such as phone stand.

Edited by Lew247

Guest putbinoot

For me the Skate was SUCH a disappointment after all the waiting I certainly am not waiting for the replacement for it to come along.

I'm going to buy an MI-ONE when I can get my hands on one, now IF ZTE could make a similar spec phone for a similar price $310 for an unlocked phone with a 1.5Ghz dual core cpu 1Gb ram and 4Gb rom then I'd definitely buy it

But

The spec of the Skate was WAY TOO weak,if this was Jan 2011 maybe it would be ok, but its not.

The only good thing about the Skate was the size of the screen.

Mi-ONE specs (so you know what to aim for with the next phone) AND it's only $310

Hardware:

- Unlocked bootloader!

- Android 2.3.5 pre-loaded (MIUI ROM)

- Sharp capacitive 4 inch screen at 480 x 854 res 16:9

- Dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S3 (MSM8260)

- 4GB ROM

- 1GB RAM

- Up to 32GB Micro-SD card support

- 8MP Rear Camera

- Noise-cancelling microphone

- 1930mAH battery! +30% on standard 1500mAH

- GPS (U.S. GPS and Russian GLONASS;)

- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and Bluetooth connectivity

- 266MHz Adreno220 GPU

- 125 * 63 * 11.9 (mm)

- GSM / WCDMA bands

Other specs:

- x3 Capacitive touch buttons (Menu, Desktop, Back  key)

- Side USB (micro) port

- Volume button (side)

- Powerbutton (side)

- MI-Button (Customisable button for application of your choice)

- 149g weight

Accessories:

- Interchangable back covers in variety of different colours. (currently 7 with more to follow)

- Other “MI” Accessories to be launched such as phone stand.

charge socket on side and audio on top MI-ONE = Fail, When will phone manufacturers realise I just want to plug it into a cradle not fanny around with cables.